Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

eBay - Lowepro Slingshot 200AW
Posted By: excanonfd, 02-18-2013, 11:52 PM

I was browsing about eBay and this came up: New Lowepro SlingShot 200 AW Digital SLR Camera Sling Shoulder Bag Backpack | eBay

The price is better than I've seen anywhere else, although this has been replaced by the 202 model which has the means to attach a small tripod to the bag.

The pros and cons of this sling bag has been debated here in the forum ad nauseum, but you can pack a fair amount of gear in this! The depth of this bag is deep enough to carry any Pentax DSLR with the battery grip attached and still be able to get at the camera without taking the bag off the shoulder (a bit harder to put it back in though). I have one but it is impractical for any lengthy hike in the woods with lots of gear.
Views: 2,984
02-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
to those of you who own it: can the dividers be adjusted so I can put a 12 inch travel tripod INSIDE and be hidden?
What's the point of trying to hide the tripod? Anyone seeing the Lowepro logo will immediately identify the bag as nothing but a camera bag.

It's about 11 inches long inside the main compartment, if you poke a large hole in the fixed divider between the main and accessory compartment, you might be able to hide your tripod inside. The longest lens I have been able to put inside was a Tamron SP 60B, 300/2.8 with the lens hood reversed, body not attached. There are lots well padded dividers, I just sort of lined them up in the centre, dividing the interior in half and use the smaller dividers to make secure spaces to accommodate smaller lenses and the body. Of course, this means the sling need to be taken off, placed on the ground or on a bench to get at the gear.

02-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like things to be inside my bags, not hanging out all over the place.
Thanks for the answers.
02-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
great bag and room for a 10' netbook as well,but 1 strap is not comfortable for too long time,think Kata make one with 1/2 straps so you can choose the setup you want.
Where do you put the netbook
02-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Where do you put the netbook

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
when the main flap is open just on top of the compartments,then zip it shut..worked well for travelling..

02-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
when the main flap is open just on top of the compartments,then zip it shut..worked well for travelling..
Thanks, that was my only gripe with the bag.