Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
eBay - Lowepro Slingshot 200AW
Posted By: excanonfd, 02-18-2013, 11:52 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I was browsing about eBay and this came up: New Lowepro SlingShot 200 AW Digital SLR Camera Sling Shoulder Bag Backpack | eBay

The price is better than I've seen anywhere else, although this has been replaced by the 202 model which has the means to attach a small tripod to the bag.

The pros and cons of this sling bag has been debated here in the forum ad nauseum, but you can pack a fair amount of gear in this! The depth of this bag is deep enough to carry any Pentax DSLR with the battery grip attached and still be able to get at the camera without taking the bag off the shoulder (a bit harder to put it back in though). I have one but it is impractical for any lengthy hike in the woods with lots of gear.
Views: 3,699
02-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i have this exact same bag...it is perfect in regard to how much it can carry...my biggest and only complaint is i have trouble keeping it comfortably on my back since it has 1 shoulder strap...add 1 more strap and it would be perfect!!
02-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
i have this exact same bag...it is perfect in regard to how much it can carry...my biggest and only complaint is i have trouble keeping it comfortably on my back since it has 1 shoulder strap...add 1 more strap and it would be perfect!!
I've had some success using the hidden waist strap for stability but that can be a pain to get it out and put it back. I have a second-hand full-on backpack for longer distance hikes, but then I have to take it off to get at my camera.

I think I'll just use my Q Belt Case and call it a day.
02-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I have heard about counterfeit lowepro bag ... but it may just be bags from the same factory making the real lowepro bag. ^^

02-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The hidden strap works but it's too thin and narrow, and the strap digs in around the ribcage as you move about. I've stuck extra padded dividers between the strap and my ribcage but sometimes the padding works it's way loose or I'd forget to put it back in after stopping for shots. It would be great if there was a removable strap padding similar to the ones found on the shoulder bags, to be used as needed.
02-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
I have heard about counterfeit lowepro bag ... but it may just be bags from the same factory making the real lowepro bag. ^^
Since the item location is in China, I'm betting counterfeit.
02-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Since the item location is in China, I'm betting counterfeit.
The "original" bag is built in the same country ...

I've got a similar bag (New Lowepro Mini Trekker) after my "original" one had an unfortunate encounter with one of my cats ...
Didn't want to dish out another $140 - $160 and got it for $50 from China (seller accepted Best Offer).

They were exactly the same thing ...

02-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I bought a Lowepro Toploader 75 AW from same seller last year, it was the real thing.
02-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Perhaps, but the genuine LowePro bags were made in China as well. The 200 is discontinued/superseded by the 202 so there is liable to be surplus stock left over.
02-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Perhaps, but the genuine LowePro bags were made in China as well. The 200 is discontinued/superseded by the 202 so there is liable to be surplus stock left over.
The ad says 480 sold. Must be a lot of surplus!

BTW: I have the same bag (I don't mean from this seller, I bought mine new a few years back from a retailer) and like it a lot.
02-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have this bag as well as the next size up, the 300AW. I use the 200 primarily and it works great. No issues at all with the front extra strap, I find it comfortable enough to handle the capacity of the bag. In the 300 the front belt has more padding to accommodate a large amount of gear. That is a great price, well worth it. The waterproof rain cover has been a real lifesaver too for wave splashes.
02-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I had the AW200.
Very outstanding quality both inside and out. It can even carry my FA*80-200.
It can fit a lot of gear but I cannot handle all that weight more than 2hrs.

Sold the bag and switch to a two straps bag.
02-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
to those of you who own it: can the dividers be adjusted so I can put a 12 inch travel tripod INSIDE and be hidden?
02-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
to those of you who own it: can the dividers be adjusted so I can put a 12 inch travel tripod INSIDE and be hidden?
No, I can't think of a way you could do that. However, the side opposite of the opening has external bands you can attach another bag or pouch to. That's how I carry my 300mm when needed.
02-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
Veteran Member

great bag and room for a 10' netbook as well,but 1 strap is not comfortable for too long time,think Kata make one with 1/2 straps so you can choose the setup you want.