Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-01 kit, including Newson bag, at Fab.
Posted By: MrSkelter, 03-04-2013, 11:37 AM

This looks like a bad deal to me, unless you're a collector or really, really want that 40mm pancake.

Fab.com | Cameras Designed By Marc Newson
Views: 1,539
03-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You essentially pay $130 instead of $300 for the case with that deal. Not too bad, but then again, $130 is more than twice what the 40mm XS costs in the $358 kit

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You essentially pay $130 instead of $300 for the case with that deal. Not too bad, but then again, $130 is more than twice what the 40mm XS costs in the $358 kit
Plus that $130 case fits only one lens. If you never change the lens why bother with an ILC? A made in the USA Black Label Bags "Kando" fits perfectly, will take a range of cameras, and fits all the nice Pentax primes. It's $200 but will last decades. A much better option in my view.
03-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

At least they have the camera in Yellow. But why buy the case if you don't have the 40XS, the case really doesn't fit any other lenses?!?

03-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Link is not working for me?
03-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Wasn't working for me either, I think this is what they are talking about:

Fab.com | Cameras Designed By Marc Newson
03-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

If you don't already own a K-01 and want the "complete kit" then I guess that's not a completely terrible deal.

As much as I would like to own a pair of those cases for my two K-01 bodies, I just can't justify the cost of what is basically just a plain leather pouch for the K-01.

If Pentax ever decides to clearance these cases for $49 a piece I'd buy two of them ... but that's the absolute maximum I would pay for those "cases."

03-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

358 Kit is no longer available on BH Photo
03-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ranjitacharya Quote
358 Kit is no longer available on BH Photo
Ouch, guess it just sold out!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
FAB is a members only design flash sale website. You have to join to buy there. Joining is free. I do shop there for home design stuff.

That being said, the deal for this camera is not a good deal in my opinion. As others have said the case will not fit any other lenses. Also, I think the case is overpriced.

I got my white K-01 kit with the 40 mm XS lens at B&H photo for $379 a couple of weeks ago and I think they still have some in stock. It shipped immediately, was a good price, and I have been using it non-stop since i got it.
03-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I really don't see why Marc Newson didn't bring any special design from the K-01 to the pouch. Whatever people say or think about the K-01 design a plain common leather pouch really doesn't fit such a crazy designed camera, people who buy the K-01 won't shy away from a crazy looking pouch/case.
03-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #12

Those "FAB" people sell other cameras. This "3 lens kit" Fab.com | Brownie, Argus & Foldex Cameras comes with a zero day warranty.

I guess it is for people who don't know how to buy useless junk on ebay.
03-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I really don't see why Marc Newson didn't bring any special design from the K-01 to the pouch. Whatever people say or think about the K-01 design a plain common leather pouch really doesn't fit such a crazy designed camera, people who buy the K-01 won't shy away from a crazy looking pouch/case.
He channeled some Swedish minimalism. The contrast between the conservative case and the K-01 accentuates both the simplicity and outrageous parts of it's design... or that sounds like something a designer would say.

The kit with the case is known as "the full Newson". Get it? womp womp.
03-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bullitt_60 Quote
He channeled some Swedish minimalism. The contrast between the conservative case and the K-01 accentuates both the simplicity and outrageous parts of it's design... or that sounds like something a designer would say.

The kit with the case is known as "the full Newson". Get it? womp womp.
Stupid Swedes with their Ikea wannabe "simplistic but crazy and cool" design they are spreading over the world. Oh...
I know what you mean!
*wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*
Say no more!