Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
K-5 with 18-135 WR lens $999.99 from Henry's of Canada.
Posted By: Docrwm, 03-11-2013, 01:59 PM

Pentax K-5 DSLR with 18-135 WR lens $999.99 from Henry's of Canada.
Add $12 to ship to USA.
PENTAX K-5 D-SLR W/18-135 WR (BLACK) 14776

Attached Images
 


Last edited by Docrwm; 03-11-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Views: 2,727
03-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #16
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Baden, ON
Photos: Albums
Posts: 55
Finally decided to get this kit

Yesterday finally made the decision of buying this kit, I sold my beloved Pentax K-x locally and I was stuck in the K-30 or K-5 dilemma. I ordered it yesterday before they run out, great deal, but I am thinking I won't keep the lens. I feel I am turning into more of a prime lens shooter. Anybody interested? I mean before the temptation of kepping it sets in. Just PM me

03-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #17
Forum Member
lgt525's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 89
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
It's just a fantastic deal IMHO. The K-5 is a solid camera and the 18-135 is just so versatile because of its range and the WR factor. I bought each, at VERY good prices at the time of purchase, but the total was $1450 for the two. $1k is a killer deal IMHO. Congratulations to those who have purchased them.
I agree Docrwm, it's a fantastic deal. The lens is a much better lens than the lenses offered with the Adorama k5 deal in my opinion. It is great if you only want to bring one lens with you when you want to shoot.

On another note, I am finding that I like the k5 better than the k30. The menus and buttons are more intuitive, and I really like having the 14bit raw, as I do a lot of design and post processing with my photos.
03-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lgt525 Quote
I agree Docrwm, it's a fantastic deal. The lens is a much better lens than the lenses offered with the Adorama k5 deal in my opinion. It is great if you only want to bring one lens with you when you want to shoot.

On another note, I am finding that I like the k5 better than the k30. The menus and buttons are more intuitive, and I really like having the 14bit raw, as I do a lot of design and post processing with my photos.
I handled the K-30 and its nice but I agree about the K-5 being much more ergonomic for me. As for the 18-135 - it's WR and is very versatile. If you don't plan on using it out in the weather, because you live someplace sunny and mild all the time, then sell it. But I carry it in my bag whenever I take the K-5 out, because my Limiteds are NOT WR and if things turn ugly I like to be able to find shelter, change lenses, and then keep going.
03-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #19
Forum Member
lgt525's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 89
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I handled the K-30 and its nice but I agree about the K-5 being much more ergonomic for me. As for the 18-135 - it's WR and is very versatile. If you don't plan on using it out in the weather, because you live someplace sunny and mild all the time, then sell it. But I carry it in my bag whenever I take the K-5 out, because my Limiteds are NOT WR and if things turn ugly I like to be able to find shelter, change lenses, and then keep going.
Same here. I do a lot of urban building shots and graffiti shots and I dont want to stop just because it's raining or snowing. I use my wide angle primes when the weather is good, but sometimes, I would like to have a versatile wr zoom that also can handle close focal lengths. the 18-135 totally fits that bill and I am very happy with it.

03-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #20
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Baden, ON
Photos: Albums
Posts: 55
Please... you guys

Wow... after reading some of the last posts it is getting harder not to keep the 18-135mm lens. Come on guys, I am fighting hard against the temptation . Anyway, I just called Henrys and my K5 is shipping today
03-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #21
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mariopato2010 Quote
Wow... after reading some of the last posts it is getting harder not to keep the 18-135mm lens. Come on guys, I am fighting hard against the temptation . Anyway, I just called Henrys and my K5 is shipping today
Give it a walkabout and see what you think. Most folks find that its a great combination. I own the 15-40-70 Limited trio and they're great but they can't do many of the things that the 18-135 can do (and vice versa for that matter).
03-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #22
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Baden, ON
Photos: Albums
Posts: 55
I am afraid if I do that I will set myself for failure and just keep it in the camera for a few days, then I will just put it in my bag and forget all about selling it . Believe me, I would love to keep it but I just need some cash in my banking account right now . Thanks for the suggestion though. Take care you all
03-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mariopato2010 Quote
I am afraid if I do that I will set myself for failure and just keep it in the camera for a few days, then I will just put it in my bag and forget all about selling it . Believe me, I would love to keep it but I just need some cash in my banking account right now . Thanks for the suggestion though. Take care you all
Ah, that's different. Good luck.

03-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #24
Forum Member
lgt525's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 89
I turned over my k-30 with the 18-55 mm kit lens to my friend for $400 this evening. I spent all evening taking photos with my new k-5. it was snowing a bit here (yes...Michigan weather sucks lol ), and I was able to enjoy the new WR 180135 lens. Can't wait to get the photos into raw editor and into photoshop and see how they look.

mariopato2010 someone will buy your lens quickly if you post it in the equipment sale part of the forum. There are always people looking for a good deal on that lens.

Thanks again Docrwm for finding this awesome deal!
03-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #25
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
QuoteOriginally posted by lgt525 Quote
Thanks Docrwm! Even if the extended warranty was a packing error on Henry's part, (who knows, but I am glad the error was in my favor lol )the deal is still an awesome deal, seeing as with the exchange rate, I only paid 987.44 including shipping.
Somehow with paypal it actually charged me more, and for some reason yesterday it went up another $10.

Pretty infuriating, but my camera is here now. I'm trying to contact paypal to see why this is occurring..
03-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #26
Forum Member
lgt525's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 89
QuoteOriginally posted by funkiknight Quote
Somehow with paypal it actually charged me more, and for some reason yesterday it went up another $10.

Pretty infuriating, but my camera is here now. I'm trying to contact paypal to see why this is occurring..
The price is in Canadian dollars and the exchange rate is probably changing.
03-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #27
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by funkiknight Quote
Somehow with paypal it actually charged me more, and for some reason yesterday it went up another $10.

Pretty infuriating, but my camera is here now. I'm trying to contact paypal to see why this is occurring..
Exchange rates fluctuate and there is a fee with PP for exchanging from one currency to another.
03-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #28
Forum Member
lgt525's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 89
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Exchange rates fluctuate and there is a fee with PP for exchanging from one currency to another.
I agree with Docrwm about the fluctuating exchange rates, but Paypal should only have charged you once, at the time you confirmed the order. It would have been included in your overall price. Unless you changed the order, Paypal would not have charged you again. I only got charged once, and it was a small fee which I included when I listed the price I paid of $987 and change. Did you change your order?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-5, lens, pentax, pentax deals, wr, wr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax K-5 with 18-135mm WR for CAD$999 mariopato2010 Pentax Price Watch 31 01-27-2013 09:59 AM
K-5 with 18-135mm $979.99 at Henry's (Canada) pete-tarmigan Pentax Price Watch 0 11-26-2012 11:13 AM
K-5 is $999.99 at W.B. Hunt judscott Pentax K-5 5 01-20-2012 11:05 PM
Canada: K-5 is $999 CDNM at Henry bobmaxja Pentax Price Watch 1 12-14-2011 05:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top