Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Lightroom 4 full version + extras $99.99
Posted By: PBandJ, 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM

Also get Sony Movie Studio and antiMalware Bytes lifetime edition
Today only I think

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Views: 2,846
03-20-2013, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Lightroom is an asset management program and editor
I used to think Bridge was the answer to all my needs, until I discovered LR.

Now I use LR and CS6, which really do meet all my needs, with a bit of ACR and Bridge thrown in for good measure.

03-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Really short version of the answer:

It's a much less capable editor than Photoshop + Bridge, which can do many more specific and specialized editing tasks than Lightroom can.

But Lightroom is an asset management program and editor. It stores information about all of your photos in a database, so you can rate them, classify them, give them keywords, move them around, and then rapidly apply whatever editing adjustments you want, then publish them to online services, etc.

Lightroom is more tailored toward the workflow you need when working with large collections of photos, rather than making detailed edits to individual works.

Honestly, unless you're interested in special effects, you can probably do nearly all of the editing you need in Lightroom. Exposure adjustments, color adjustments, cropping/rotation, distortion removal, noise reduction, clone/heal for dust spot removal, etc. Lightroom does all of these things, and some of them can even be painted on selectively with a brush. There's just no "drawing" specific features, and no layers.
Great. Thanks for the run down. I could probably use a more efficient management system.
03-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I missed the deal but got a legitimate copy for $75 from www.littlesoftshop.com. You buy the program and they send you the download link and the serial#. I received the link and serial# 10 minutes after placing the order. Lightroom is up and running and the updates are available for download.
03-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
I missed the deal but got a legitimate copy for $75 from www.littlesoftshop.com. You buy the program and they send you the download link and the serial#. I received the link and serial# 10 minutes after placing the order. Lightroom is up and running and the updates are available for download.

YMMV
Adobe brought a lawsuit against this reseller a coup[le of years ago. For the $20 price difference, I'd probably go with a different retailer.

Document 1 :: Adobe Systems Incorporated et al v. Little Soft Shop, LLC et al :: 3:2011cv01975 :: Connecticut District Court :: US Federal District Courts Cases :: Justia

Plaintiffs (Adobe) are informed and believe and therefore allege that Defendants (website)
have, without authorization, offered for sale, sold, and/or distributed unauthorized
copies of Plaintiffs’ copyrighted computer software programs.

03-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This place claims to use fully legal versions. Can't believe that Adobe, with their litigious past, wouldn't have got on this pretty quickly.
03-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Downloaded LR4 from Little Soft Shop. Activation key worked. Downloaded LR4 update to 4.3 with no issues. So even though it is only $75, it seems legit.