Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tamrac 5242, Adventure 2, Compact Photo Backpack, Black - $25
Posted By: Docrwm, 03-20-2013, 05:55 PM

Tamrac 5242, Adventure 2, Compact Photo Backpack, Black.

List Price: $74.95 Price: $24.95 You Save: $50.00 (67%)The Adventure 2 is a compact photo backpack to carry an SLR camera, a few lenses and accessories. The bottom camera bag compartment is zipper accessed and completely foam-padded with adjustable foam-padded dividers while the top is a zipper closing gear compartment. Combined in a backpack these two compartments create a complete personal carrying system when you're traveling or just out with your camera traveling light. Features include a padded shoulder harness with quick-release sternum strap, an inner Windowpane-MeshTM accessory pocket, a full-sized zippered top compartment for gear, zippered front compartmentalized organizer pocket, zippered side pockets and a quick-access zippered pocket on the front flap. This pack offers a lot of pockets and features for a compact backpack.

Amazon.com: Tamrac 5242, Adventure 2, Compact Photo Backpack, Black.: Electronics

Views: 1,995
03-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #2

Those who have use this or have used it in the past....is it vertically long enough to take the K5 attached to the the Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 II non-OS lens vertically?
03-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skamalpreet Quote
Those who have use this or have used it in the past....is it vertically long enough to take the K5 attached to the the Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 II non-OS lens vertically?
Internal Dimensions: 7¾ W x 5¼ D x 5 H (20 x 13 x 13 cm)

03-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

This looks fake, or may be very old stock.
I have two Tamrac bags and I don't recall seeing this on any Tamrac web site or catalogue:

The Official Tamrac Homepage - The leading manufacturer and distributor of camera, photography and camcorder bags
Tamrac Catalogue : Tamrac Catalog 2012, Page 1

03-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
This looks fake, or may be very old stock.
I have two Tamrac bags and I don't recall seeing this on any Tamrac web site or catalogue:

The Official Tamrac Homepage - The leading manufacturer and distributor of camera, photography and camcorder bags
Tamrac Catalogue : Tamrac Catalog 2012, Page 1
It ships from and sold by Cameta Camera. Cameta is known for selling surplus and out of date equipment at a discount.
03-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Interesting. It is not on the parent page for that section of the site:
Tamrac - How to Choose a Photo Backpack

nor it it in their catalog of existing products.

So I guess it is an old page for an old product? (The old way of rendering the Tamrac logo also suggests this).
03-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I'd imagine it's a product that has been recently removed from the line, explaining why it is on closeout with Cameta. Interestingly. there are other (larger) Adventure series bags still listed on the site. I wonder if this particular model just didn't have the necessary sales, and so Tamrac cut it in favor of the bigger models.
That's typically how Cameta gets gear like this and can sell it for 33% of the original MSRP.