Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Google is offering all of Nik software for $150 total
Posted By: ploetzlich, 03-25-2013, 08:40 AM

Amazing deal.

Nik Collection

Edit: Using the coupon code 'DZISER' brings it down to $126.65.

Last edited by ploetzlich; 03-25-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Views: 14,611
03-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
At $126.00 I thought I would be worth a closer look.....

03-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #47
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've got a link and somehow the page it links to is invalid: error for expired coupon. Anyone else experience this? How else can the suite be downloaded?
03-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
If we lose the email with the download link, how do we download it? There is no more serial codes involved and I don't see a user account option on their page anymore...
I'm not sure if this will help in this case, but I have created a "software" folder off my email directory so I don't loose the license keys and links etc. I then download all software into a "swsetup" folder on my computer and burn that to disk periodically. That way I have access to both the version of software I need for a re-install and the license key. I've yet to download the software so I'll see if it allows me to save a copy.....
03-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
I've got a link and somehow the page it links to is invalid: error for expired coupon. Anyone else experience this? How else can the suite be downloaded?
It seemed to work OK for me and I just purchase it 30 min ago....about 100MB downloaded. Perhaps send them a note?

03-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #50
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have Steve, but I'm wondering what would be wrong with my link.
03-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #51
Veteran Member

The link includes a tag to your email address.....I will PM you.
03-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #52
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Steve.

03-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #53
Forum Member

Original Poster
Shoot them an email. On G+ a few people were experiencing problems and they were able to quickly help out.
03-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #54
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I downloaded and installed the NIK collection. I can open the apps from Program Files, but they do not appear under LR presets or plugins except for HDR Effects. Even Viveza2, which was already installed is missing. Any suggestions?
03-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Aha! I found them. The NIK apps other than HDR Effects are accessed through PHOTO>EDIT IN.
03-27-2013, 02:56 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
I was able to enter an Australian address and phone number.
I had sent them an email about it. I wonder if they fixed it.
03-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Im a bit surprised about this whole affair. I received no email, just a link on a website. The software did not need a serial or activation. Might keep a wary eye on my card.
03-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #58
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
I'm not sure if this will help in this case, but I have created a "software" folder off my email directory so I don't loose the license keys and links etc. I then download all software into a "swsetup" folder on my computer and burn that to disk periodically. That way I have access to both the version of software I need for a re-install and the license key. I've yet to download the software so I'll see if it allows me to save a copy.....
That is a decent backup plan and I will likely load a copy to a backup thumbdrive. However, That isn't answering the question.

I'm wondering how do we download the software at a later date directly from google.. that is.. from a user account. Just like we had with Nik Software BEFORE google bought them. We used to be able to login from their website and click a link that would take us to a page listing our serial numbers and links to download the software.

Now, the nik software page no longer has this.. it appears to be completely gone.

I'm waiting for Customer Support to respond to me.. but we're on day 2 of waiting.. thought I'd ask here.
03-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A while back there was a way to get Silver Efex Pro for free (German magazine promo, if memory serves). If you got that (or are a registered user of any of the Nik products) then you probably already got an email from Google with a download link to the whole suite (for free). Many people have reported that they found the email (inexplicably) in their Spam folder (which is where I found mine).

I got the entire suite for free on both my home and work computers! Awesome!
03-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #60
Veteran Member

I suspect this is being done to put companies like Topaz out of business. The product will then go dormant with little if any advancement with the exception of it being ported for use with a few google and android products. That may explain why they have done little if anything to manage licenses and lock down the software.