Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-5 ii
Posted By: Louicio, 04-03-2013, 04:54 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Just saw this and wanted to share, and also enquire whether anyone had an idea if the camera really is faulty or the photographer?

Pentax K-5 II 16.3 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black Body only | eBay

I won't be bidding on it as I don't want it and I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks =)
Views: 906
04-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I went over this camera with the owner as I'm fishing around for a K-5 II (although would prefer a IIs). He's a well versed photographer (apparently) who picked this camera up from HK, where warranty requires shipping to and from the retailer for repairs. He wasn't willing to do this and now wants to dump the camera altogether. He confirms there are major metering inconsistencies but cannot be sure of the cause, possibly after the latest FW update, but that doesn't quite make sense to me. Anyway, I bid on it and the auction was cancelled without any explanation. I'm not bidding again on this auction this time around.