Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  
K01 body for only $249
Posted By: Roob-N-Boots, 04-08-2013, 05:25 PM

Adorama has k-01 bodies for only $249 with free shipping.

Yellow body: Pentax K-01 DSLR Camera Body,Yellow 15322

Black body: Pentax K-01 Digital Camera Body, Black 15222


Views: 8,095
04-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #46
Veteran Member
Roob-N-Boots's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Palm Springs CA
Posts: 384
Original Poster
I just pulled the trigger on a white one with the DA 40xs from Adorama via Ebay for $400 with free shipping. I guess I can sell the lens for about $150 if I don't like it, and the K01 will end up costing me $250.

04-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #47
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by Roob-N-Boots Quote
I just pulled the trigger on a white one with the DA 40xs from Adorama via Ebay for $400 with free shipping. I guess I can sell the lens for about $150 if I don't like it, and the K01 will end up costing me $250.
Oh MAN! For only $99 more you coulda been a contender!
Pentax K-01 Digital Camera with Pentax 40mm F/2.8 XS Lens - White 15400
04-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #48
Veteran Member
Roob-N-Boots's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Palm Springs CA
Posts: 384
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Oh MAN! For only $99 more you coulda been a contender!
Pentax K-01 Digital Camera with Pentax 40mm F/2.8 XS Lens - White 15400
Haha, thats exactly why I bought it through ebay. I don't think I would even pay $50 for that thing. The money will be better spent on a LCD protector and maybe a Hoodman loupe.
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #49
Banned




Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: EU
Photos: Albums
Posts: 7
great price, borther is looking for K-01

04-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #50
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by Roob-N-Boots Quote
Haha, thats exactly why I bought it through ebay. I don't think I would even pay $50 for that thing. The money will be better spent on a LCD protector and maybe a Hoodman loupe.
Very good choices. I have a screen protector on all three cameras and they are worth a lot. Enjoy your new camera.
04-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #51
Veteran Member
Roob-N-Boots's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Palm Springs CA
Posts: 384
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Very good choices. I have a screen protector on all three cameras and they are worth a lot. Enjoy your new camera.
Thanks, I have a screen protector on both my cameras as well. I have a GGS on my K-x and a ACMAXX on my K-5.I love the ACMAXX, the GGS is crap. iI have somehow shattered two GGS on my K-x even though I baby the hell out of the camera. The ACMAXX is still going strong after more than a year.
The price of the white kit on ebay went up to $500 as well in the less than hour and a half that I bought it.
04-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #52
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by Roob-N-Boots Quote
Thanks, I have a screen protector on both my cameras as well. I have a GGS on my K-x and a ACMAXX on my K-5.I love the ACMAXX, the GGS is crap. iI have somehow shattered two GGS on my K-x even though I baby the hell out of the camera. The ACMAXX is still going strong after more than a year.
The price of the white kit on ebay went up to $500 as well in the less than hour and a half that I bought it.
I have ACMAXX protectors on all 3 of mine. I learned about them here and they've been a solid investment.

Adorama, in their defense, has to get rid of that stock that has sat in the warehouse for many months somehow.
04-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #53
Veteran Member
bogiesbad's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lower AL
Photos: Albums
Posts: 355
Got a call from Adorama today....black is gone so I settled for yellow....They are going fast.

04-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #54
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by bogiesbad Quote
Got a call from Adorama today....black is gone so I settled for yellow....They are going fast.
I think you'll be surprised with the yellow. I have yet to pull it out without receiving a bright smile in response. Makes for better photos in most instances
04-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #55
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 136
Super pumped at this deal! I had been on the fence about grabbing one of these for a while... but $250 is just too great a deal. Yellow brick road time. Woot!
04-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #56
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 136
And by the way, while Adorama has 40mm kits for $499, Amazon has the 40mm kit (camera in white) for $399.

Amazon.com: Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (White): Electronics
04-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #57
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by zdwagner Quote
And by the way, while Adorama has 40mm kits for $499, Amazon has the 40mm kit (camera in white) for $399.

Amazon.com: Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (White): Electronics
That makes the 40XS $150 which is about right for that lens IMHO. It's nice optically and certainly incredibly small. If you aren't worried about the weird thread size on it for hoods and filters its a lot less than the 40Ltd and gives you a nice package with the K-01 for street, family, etc. shooting.
04-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #58
Loyal Site Supporter
EricBrown's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arlington, VA USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 695
Looks like the yellow one is gone!! B&H has the yellow body for $269. Black is still $299.
04-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #59
Junior Member
alelynh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Photos: Albums
Posts: 46
I ordered mine through adorama on amazon on Tuesday and it still only says shipping soon, hopefully my order will go through.
04-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #60
Veteran Member
bogiesbad's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lower AL
Photos: Albums
Posts: 355
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I think you'll be surprised with the yellow. I have yet to pull it out without receiving a bright smile in response. Makes for better photos in most instances
I was thinking along those lines and almost bought the yellow at first. I am kinda moving towards street photography almost against my will it seems and this development with the colors is just one more nudge.
K-5ish sensor for $250? Absolutely.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, camera, k-01, pentax, pentax deals
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K01 Lens Body Kit - Yellow NSX167 Pentax Price Watch 8 01-04-2013 09:10 AM
Sigma Dp1x for 249 hongzhibin1987 Pentax Price Watch 5 11-10-2012 09:46 AM
KEH has K-7 EX+ for $484.00 body only photolady95 Pentax Price Watch 9 09-02-2012 03:53 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax K-7 (Body Only) for Sale bharathj Sold Items 21 02-24-2012 10:01 PM
K-X body only for $369 geekette Pentax DSLR Discussion 4 04-17-2011 08:09 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top