Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread

K01 body for only $249
Posted By: Roob-N-Boots, 04-08-2013, 05:25 PM

Adorama has k-01 bodies for only $249 with free shipping.

Yellow body: Pentax K-01 DSLR Camera Body,Yellow 15322

Black body: Pentax K-01 Digital Camera Body, Black 15222

Views: 10,733
04-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I hate to ask, but was the 31 on sale too?
It was, but the same price that B&H sells it for. I was going to buy it either way, but was hoping they would be close to the B&H price since I try and buy local when I can.

04-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EricBrown Quote
It was, but the same price that B&H sells it for. I was going to buy it either way, but was hoping they would be close to the B&H price since I try and buy local when I can.
Yes, it's great to be able to walk out with it and know you did not overpay. Congratulations on both!
04-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #78
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I bought 2 of the K-01 sets from them. I got a yellow with 40mm and a white with 40mm for 334 each plus 15 shipping.
04-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I bought 2 of the K-01 sets from them. I got a yellow with 40mm and a white with 40mm for 334 each plus 15 shipping.
Great! I'm glad I did not buy the last white K-01 kit!! Also, glad I posted since the K-01 is going to hard to find new.

04-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #80

Well, I hate to say it, but the K-01 is going back. I THOUGHT I loved it... until I walked around with it for half a day shooting. My hand cramped so bad from holding it that I had to stop shooting after only a few hours. I've never held a less comfortable camera (though my OM-D sans grip came close). I'm sure others will disagree, and I'm so glad it suits those people, but it just won't work for me. It was a real bummer because I truly wanted to love this camera, but I just can't do it. My K-5 IIs is almost the same size and far, far more comfortable (in fact THE most comfortable camera I've ever used). I was super excited about it, and love the way it looks (as my previous posts will attest), but...
Sorry Adorama... great deal, but no amount of money is worth a yellow brick just sitting there looking pretty in my apartment. =\
04-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zdwagner Quote
My hand cramped so bad from holding it that I had to stop shooting after only a few hours
Um.. what? How are you holding it? Its among the lightest cameras. Only way I can think of it being uncomfortable is if you are using a very big and heavy lens. I'm not trying to offend, I just can't understand
Oh well, I'm sure someone else will be happy to get it at a discount
04-21-2013, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I hate to say it, but the K-01 is going back. I THOUGHT I loved it... until I walked around with it for half a day shooting. My hand cramped so bad from holding it that I had to stop shooting after only a few hours. I've never held a less comfortable camera (though my OM-D sans grip came close). I'm sure others will disagree, and I'm so glad it suits those people, but it just won't work for me. It was a real bummer because I truly wanted to love this camera, but I just can't do it. My K-5 IIs is almost the same size and far, far more comfortable (in fact THE most comfortable camera I've ever used). I was super excited about it, and love the way it looks (as my previous posts will attest), but...
Sorry Adorama... great deal, but no amount of money is worth a yellow brick just sitting there looking pretty in my apartment. =\
If I may suggest, hold the camera as an old film SLR, cradled in your left hand with your thumb and forefinger controlling the focus and aperture ring (if using a MF lens). Use a very light grip with the right hand. Bring your elbows in to your sides. The camera naturally rises to about nose height, six inches in front of your face. At least for me, I can use the LCD like a 3" viewfinder this way and I can hold the camera in this position for more than 8 minutes before my arms get tired (I actually experimented with an MESuper before I orderd the K-01).

Give it a try. It works for me.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-21-2013 at 11:05 AM.
04-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #83
Veteran Member

Well, I came home with the white K-01 kit for $334!!
Didn't I buy a...white XS kit from you?

Then again, I sold the yellow K-01 for a white one so I guess I would understand

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Um.. what? How are you holding it? Its among the lightest cameras. Only way I can think of it being uncomfortable is if you are using a very big and heavy lens. I'm not trying to offend, I just can't understand
Oh well, I'm sure someone else will be happy to get it at a discount
I actually prefer using a bigger lens on the K-01 so I can carry the lens that happens to have a camera attached. The DA* 55 is a perfect example since it's big but not huge.

Though I do have to agree the K-01 is uncomfortable to hold on its own since I have big hands...
04-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, you did! But, I could not pass it up for $334 with the lens. Plus, my partner wanted a camera, so he will be using it mostly. It made sense since he can use all my lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Didn't I buy a...white XS kit from you?

Then again, I sold the yellow K-01 for a white one so I guess I would understand

I actually prefer using a bigger lens on the K-01 so I can carry the lens that happens to have a camera attached. The DA* 55 is a perfect example since it's big but not huge.

Though I do have to agree the K-01 is uncomfortable to hold on its own since I have big hands...
04-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #85

I Appreciate the feedback, if not the incredulity. I prefer to be able to hold the cam in my right hand with minimal effort, as I do a lot of street photography, and walk around with no strap. I let the K-5 IIs hang from my fingertips; it's quite comfortable. I also like shooting one-handed (right hand), and just find the grip (or lack thereof) very uncomfortable for this reason. I'm sorry if that offends anyone or if I'm an idiot because of it , but it's simply one person's opinion.
04-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I Appreciate the feedback, if not the incredulity. I prefer to be able to hold the cam in my right hand with minimal effort, as I do a lot of street photography, and walk around with no strap. I let the K-5 IIs hang from my fingertips; it's quite comfortable. I also like shooting one-handed (right hand), and just find the grip (or lack thereof) very uncomfortable for this reason. I'm sorry if that offends anyone or if I'm an idiot because of it , but it's simply one person's opinion.
Ah - well then I concur this probably isn't the camera for your needs.
04-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Sorry its not functional for you. I understand your issue with the shape, there is a reason that the K-5/7 body is so well thought of - it's just easy to hang onto.
04-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #88

Great! I'm glad I did not buy the last white K-01 kit!! Also, glad I posted since the K-01 is going to hard to find new.
I picked up the last K01 kit in white yesterday :-)
Long time lurker, finally decided to join and post!

Thank you for posting the deal.
I paid $335 plus $15 to ship to So. California.
04-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sr20det510 Quote

Congratulations and welcome aboard!
04-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #90
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sr20det510 Quote

Congrats, and welcome. Where in So. Cal are you from?
Your more than welcome to join our California Pentax Users group so you can be informed of our future So.Cal meet ups. California Pentax Users - PentaxForums.com