Posted By: Stargeezer, 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM

This is the best price I have seen yet.
Views: 7,326
04-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #31
CSB
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Stargeezer Quote
I just received my lens from Emmy through Amazon. Looks new but no Hood.
Amazon is going to make good on it.
Joe
Me too, got it today, but no hood. Sent an e-mail to Amazon but haven't yet heard back, hopefully they make good on this one too.

04-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #32
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CSB Quote
Me too, got it today, but no hood. Sent an e-mail to Amazon but haven't yet heard back, hopefully they make good on this one too.
Weird. Maybe I got lucky. What are they doing with all the lens hoods? Selling them separately? And if so, I wonder why I got one.
04-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
Weird. Maybe I got lucky. What are they doing with all the lens hoods? Selling them separately? And if so, I wonder why I got one.
Everyone makes mistakes......
04-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #34
Forum Member

Must be random. Tuesday I received my 18-135 from Electronics Basket, expecting to make a return after reading this thread. It came in the same white box without documentation, but it actually had a hood with it!

04-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vmax911 Quote
Must be random. Tuesday I received my 18-135 from Electronics Basket, expecting to make a return after reading this thread. It came in the same white box without documentation, but it actually had a hood with it!
Good news. Perhaps the repeated lodging of complaints against them has had some impact on them actually sending out what they promised in their ad?
04-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #36
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Good news. Perhaps the repeated lodging of complaints against them has had some impact on them actually sending out what they promised in their ad?
Except both Electronics Basket and Emmy are fulfilled by Amazon. Which means their stock is sitting in Amazon's warehouse. So of the five or so people that have received lenses over the last week that have been met with mixed results most likely received existing stock.
04-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
Except both Electronics Basket and Emmy are fulfilled by Amazon. Which means their stock is sitting in Amazon's warehouse. So of the five or so people that have received lenses over the last week that have been met with mixed results most likely received existing stock.
Too many assumptions about how many items were in the warehouse, how often they are replenished, etc. The fact is that fulfillment by Amazon merely means that Amazon has it and ships it from their warehouses. There is a long pattern for EB of sending out substandard equipment based on reviews at Amazon and elsewhere on the net that all have similar information (old, apparently used, generic packaging, no manuals, hood left out, etc.).
04-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #38
Veteran Member

The K30 body I received from Emmy was as it should be. I got a little nervous and called Pentax when I didn't find a warranty card but they assured me there wasn't a problem. I can't help but wonder though, if that body was originally part of a kit. How is the lens packaged in the full kit, plain white box?

04-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
The K30 body I received from Emmy was as it should be. I got a little nervous and called Pentax when I didn't find a warranty card but they assured me there wasn't a problem. I can't help but wonder though, if that body was originally part of a kit. How is the lens packaged in the full kit, plain white box?
Plain white box as a separate section within the larger kit box.
04-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Plain white box as a separate section within the larger kit box.
There's the answer. Which begs another question. Will Pentax warranty a kit lens sold separately? When the time comes I'll want an all weather walkabout lens such as this and I'll be looking for the best price as we all do. Pentax has, at times, shown themselves to be very flexible in these matters. A few years ago I had a bad copy of a 55-300 that was outside the (authorized) seller's return policy but still under warranty and they gladly and promptly replaced it; not a single question asked. I recently had some warranty questions about a new purchase and the response I got from Pentax was reassuring. It seems they do want to keep most of us happy most of the time.

I'm inclined to think Pentax may have a sort of "don't ask, don't tell" policy about certain matters that fall into a, shall we call it, "grey" area.

I recently read one rather inspiring story here about a user's camera getting drenched under a waterfall, ruining his lens (the body also, I think), taking responsibility for the damage and sending it back for a paid repair. After making a concerted effort to find a way to save the lens he learned it was a total loss. In the end Pentax sent him a new lens for his efforts; in addition to other efforts outside of the lens situation. There were other extenuating circumstances that predicated this particular individual receiving what some would consider "special treatment" but such treatment had been well earned (risking his life to serve his country - that kind of stuff). Here's the link::https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-industry/222155-abso...-60-250-a.html

Again, I think Pentax wants us to be happy campers and make the effort when they can. Regarding the white box lenses, time will tell.

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 04-18-2013 at 11:08 AM.
04-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #41

The now have it for $418.69 from Big Value. It doesn't say if it includes caps and hood. I have been wanting one of these, too risky?
04-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kosmoejtg Quote
The now have it for $418.69 from Big Value. It doesn't say if it includes caps and hood. I have been wanting one of these, too risky?
If it is fulfilled by Amazon then all you have to loose is some time if it is not ok, because their return policy is very solid in my experience.
04-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #43
CSB
Site Supporter

If it is fulfilled by Amazon then all you have to loose is some time if it is not ok, because their return policy is very solid in my experience.
In my case, Amazon refunded an amount sufficient to cover the cost of a replacement hood from B&H (Amazon didn't have any listed). Quick and easy; I'm happy with that outcome.
04-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #44
Veteran Member

In my case, Amazon refunded an amount sufficient to cover the cost of a replacement hood from B&H (Amazon didn't have any listed). Quick and easy; I'm happy with that outcome.
Good to know, thanks for posting about that response by Amazon.
04-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #45
Site Supporter

Amazon asked me if I wanted a partial refund or full refund when I was dealing with Electronics Basket not giving me a lens hood with mine. I went with the full refund as I had suspicions the lens might not have been brand new. The front lens cap had some light scratches over the silver Pentax lettering.