Show Printable Version Search this Thread

pentax da 18-135 $409 fulfilled by amazon from emmy photo
Posted By: Stargeezer, 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM

This is the best price I have seen yet.
Views: 8,708
04-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Please take the time to cut and paste you post into a rating of Electronics Basket at Amazon. It will help others who try to review sellers before ordering.
I already left a similar review for EB at Amazon.

04-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ken T Quote
I already left a similar review for EB at Amazon.
That's great, it can really help when I look at a new supplier to read rational and clear comments on their previous performance.
04-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I actually just got my DA 18-135mm WR in the mail today from Electronics Basket. The item was listed as new and it looks and feels brand new, but it came in a plain white cardboard box with nothing in it but the lens and front and back caps. I would have expected a proper Pentax box or at least some literature. I was also shocked to not find a lens hood, especially considering the picture on the Amazon item page shows it with a hood. Does this mean it is not new?
Even if they were just selling the lenses that they took from the kits (like the K-30) it should have a lens hood, as the K-30 kit includes the hood. So.... Yeah, everything considered, it doesn't sound like Electronics Basket is a legitimate seller.

I tend to avoid resellers on sites like Amazon and Newegg as they are often a bit sketchy.
04-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SpartanD63 Quote
I tend to avoid resellers on sites like Amazon and Newegg as they are often a bit sketchy.
]]
That's probably safest, but when the product is fulfilled by Amazon, it is covered by Amazon customer service and return policy.

04-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #20
Veteran Member

]]
That's probably safest, but when the product is fulfilled by Amazon, it is covered by Amazon customer service and return policy.
Yes, but they seem to care little that this supplier is not sending out what is standard or even pictured in the advertisements. You then have the hassle of getting a disappointment, arranging for its return, and having to wait for a credit, all in order to begin again. I'd rather go with a less dubious source in the first place.
04-12-2013, 05:35 AM   #21
CSB

Has anyone actually ordered this from Emmy Photo?

Wondering if it came with the lens hood from Emmy. Seems (from comments) that Electronics Basket fulfilled the order without the hood, wondering if the same was true for both.

Last edited by CSB; 04-12-2013 at 05:43 AM.
04-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CSB Quote
Wondering if it came with the lens hood from Emmy. Seems (from comments) that Electronics Basket fulfilled the order without the hood, wondering if the same was true for both.
Yes,I will let you know on tuesday.

04-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CSB Quote
I'll let you know tomorrow.
04-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #24

Photos: Albums
Now at $478.
04-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UPDATE

Just received the lens from Emmy Photo via Amazon, and it comes in a plain white box EXACTLY LIKE ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE! It too was sitting in the box, wrapped with one layer of foam padding with no documentation or paperwork included. Just like EB the lens looks and feels completely brand new. Strangely enough the white box from Emmy has a little sticker with a barcode and the code "PN18135" under it. The box from EB has the same label with the same code on it.

The only difference between the EB and Emmy purchases is that the Emmy lens comes with a hood!

I don't know what any of this means. Can't be 100% sure if it's new or not. But it came with the lens and the hood which is good enough for me.

Hope this helps the wary purchaser.
04-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #26
Veteran Member

UPDATE

Just received the lens from Emmy Photo via Amazon, and it comes in a plain white box EXACTLY LIKE ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE! It too was sitting in the box, wrapped with one layer of foam padding with no documentation or paperwork included. Just like EB the lens looks and feels completely brand new. Strangely enough the white box from Emmy has a little sticker with a barcode and the code "PN18135" under it. The box from EB has the same label with the same code on it.

The only difference between the EB and Emmy purchases is that the Emmy lens comes with a hood!

I don't know what any of this means. Can't be 100% sure if it's new or not. But it came with the lens and the hood which is good enough for me.

May grey marketeers make their profit by purchasing kits and then breaking them up and selling each piece. In this case at least Emmy included the hood, unlike Electronics boutique.
04-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #27
Pentaxian

They really ought to sell them as "like new/unused" rather than new new since you're not getting a warranty, a proper box, etc.
04-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #28
CSB

UPDATE

Sounds like what I would have expected. I ordered one of the $409 ones from Emmy before they were gone... hope it too comes with a hood. Thanks for the info!
04-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Check w Pentax Imaging & make sure it's not grey market

This is what I posted with more editing at DPR pentax forums.

Try this for yourselves first... call Pentax Imaging in USA. Their number is listed here Contact Us - PENTAX Imaging USA and they're open 7:30-4:30 MST, Mon-Fri. When you ask Pentax USA, name the seller and what type of selling that they are doing.

My seller may not have been an authorized Pentax dealer either. They (Pentax USA themselves) still will honor the 1 year warranty. I'm sure though that one still needs to be sure that it's not grey market. To be sure, ask Pentax Imaging and don't take my word or anyone else's, okay?

The super cutter retailers likely will have their own in house or other type of non-Chris/Pentax USA repair. You really need to pin down if they use repair outside this safety zone. In that case, of course, Don't

Proceed with this in mind and you should be fine.
04-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #30

Original Poster
I just received my lens from Emmy through Amazon. Looks new but no Hood.
Amazon is going to make good on it.
Joe