Posted By: Stargeezer, 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM

This is the best price I have seen yet.
Views: 7,309
04-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Here's the link.
04-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
Pentaxian

"Electronics Basket" is now beating Emmy by a few pennies -- feedback not as good though...
04-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
"Electronics Basket" is now beating Emmy by a few pennies -- feedback not as good though...
I've posted links on several occasions to reviews of Electronics Basket. The bottom line is that their support is non-existent and they often send out items that are suspiciously worn for "brand new". For a few dollars less I've just stayed away and gone with other sellers.

04-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I've posted links on several occasions to reviews of Electronics Basket. The bottom line is that their support is non-existent and they often send out items that are suspiciously worn for "brand new". For a few dollars less I've just stayed away and gone with other sellers.
I have to agree with Doc here - in an instance like this I would easily choose Emmy Photo for a couple more bucks.

Edit: I see now that Emmy is the lowest price anyway.
04-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I actually just got my DA 18-135mm WR in the mail today from Electronics Basket. The item was listed as new and it looks and feels brand new, but it came in a plain white cardboard box with nothing in it but the lens and front and back caps. I would have expected a proper Pentax box or at least some literature. I was also shocked to not find a lens hood, especially considering the picture on the Amazon item page shows it with a hood. Does this mean it is not new?

Last edited by geomez; 04-10-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Forgot something
04-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I actually just got my DA 18-135mm WR in the mail today from Electronics Basket. The item was listed as new and it looks and feels brand new, but it came in a plain white cardboard box with nothing in it but the lens and front and back caps. I would have expected a proper Pentax box or at least some literature. I was also shocked to not find a lens hood, especially considering the picture on the Amazon item page shows it with a hood. Does this mean it is not new?
Hmmm...does Pentax sell a kit with that lens in it?
04-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #8

Yep, part of the k-30 kit.

In Australia anyway

04-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Suspicious...
04-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Actually I sent Electronics Basket an email regarding the lack of a lens hood and I promptly received an email back stating, "Thank you for your email. Looks like Amazon has fulfilled your order. You will have to contact them directly for this inquiry."
I feel like this whole sold by Amazon / fulfilled by Amazon / sold on Amazon thing is confusing.
04-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
Actually I sent Electronics Basket an email regarding the lack of a lens hood and I promptly received an email back stating, "Thank you for your email. Looks like Amazon has fulfilled your order. You will have to contact them directly for this inquiry."
I feel like this whole sold by Amazon / fulfilled by Amazon / sold on Amazon thing is confusing.
When it is fulfilled by Amazon for a third-party, I believe Amazon is just acting as a warehouse/shipper for the seller, but the goods came from/were acquired by the seller from the manufacturer or whoever. So that sounds like a BS response. I would stay the hell away from Electronics Basket. It is funny how on ebay and amazon and other places that have user feedback, 97% is actually a terrible rating. (On ebay 99.1% I would actually consider bad.) I'm wary of anybody that doesn't have 100%, but in some industries they seem to top out at 99%. So consider the relative range (however narrow in absolute terms) and stick to the top earners...
04-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #12
Site Supporter

I just got off of the phone with Amazon to tell them about the suspicious packaging and lack of lens hood, documentation, etc, and they are offering a me an "easy return label" and a full refund. I asked if anything is going to happen to Electronics Basket considering I'm not the first to have such an experience and the Amazon rep said yes that everything is documented and that appropriate actions will be taken. Not sure if that means anything. My guess is nothing considering Electronics basket is still doing it.
So I am soon to be lensless and will be left with whether or not to go with Emmy Photo as the next cheapest choice.

Does anyone have experience with Emmy Photo? I don't really want to get screwed over again.
04-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I got my K30 from Electronics Basket through Amazon . The camera came in the box of the 18-135 kit (of course no lens in it). There was not the User Manual included. I emailed them asked for it and they replied that Pentax shipped without the Manual. I knew they were BS but I did not want to waste my time on them anymore. People better stay away from Electronics Basket.
04-11-2013, 04:27 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ken T Quote
I got my K30 from Electronics Basket through Amazon . The camera came in the box of the 18-135 kit (of course no lens in it). There was not the User Manual included. I emailed them asked for it and they replied that Pentax shipped without the Manual. I knew they were BS but I did not want to waste my time on them anymore. People better stay away from Electronics Basket.
Please take the time to cut and paste you post into a rating of Electronics Basket at Amazon. It will help others who try to review sellers before ordering.
04-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Electronic Baskets - Don't Buy From Them

I ordered a Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM lens from them for my K5 and it came in a plain white box with just the caps and hood but no instructions or warranty information. They claimed it was still new. I promptly returned it and got my money back at a small cost of $6.00 shipping. I never believed them when they said it was still new. Luckily, I was able to pick up a nice "babied" copy here PF for a couple of hundred dollars less.