Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Camera bag $25, plus $4 us shipping, regularly $75
Posted By: PBandJ, 04-15-2013, 04:24 AM

deviantArt store is closing. Saw this on a deals site, and thought I'd pass it along

deviantART Shop Men's & Women's Apparel, Gear & Accessories | Camera Bag | dA PRO Camera Bag

It's supposedly made by Brenthaven, which is a good company.

dA PRO Camera Bag picture page

DESCRIPTION

It's Bigger, It's Better

Now Featuring...

More Storage. Larger opening designed to fit more camera body styles

More Space. Room to store extra lenses and accessories

More Pockets. Separate pockets designed for memory cards and mobile phones

More Dryness. You heard right. Hidden weatherproof cover to protect your gear.

Check out our da Pro Camera Bag Feature page for more photos and descriptions, Click Here!

Additional Details:

High Comfort Padded Sling Strap can be worn to the left or to the right or as conventional shoulder strap.

Quick Draw Camera Release from dual zippered top-loading camera access panel.

Fits SLR/DSLR camera and up to four lenses or two camera bodies and three lenses with room for flash.

Exclusive deviantART Patterned Interior in bright color to assist in finding objects in the bag.

Exterior Tripod Straps can be removed for sleeker design and stored when not in use.

Made from water repellent 600 Denier polyester and heavy duty hardware.

Zippered memory card storage system with additional utility pouches for markers and small tools.

Measures 9W x 7D x 15H
 (23cm x 18cm x 38cm).
Views: 9,373
06-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #106
Pentaxian

I got both the bag and a refund eventually. Not giving back either. Then they sent me a survey, "How was our customer service?"

06-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #107
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
I got both the bag and a refund eventually. Not giving back either.
I don't blame you. At least you got a free bag out of the ordeal...
06-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
I don't blame you. At least you got a free bag out of the ordeal...
haha.. guess what came for me while I was on vacation!

it's nice
I also got a refund. Undecided about giving my refund back.
06-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #109
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
I also got a refund. Undecided about giving my refund back.
I'm not sure about the ethics of keeping the refund. In a way, you should give it back because you now have the product that you originally agreed to purchase. But in another way, you were definitely inconvenienced by the long delay in shipment and the unresponsive customer service, which may well entitle you to the free bag. My expertise is not in ethics!

06-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
I'm not sure about the ethics of keeping the refund. In a way, you should give it back because you now have the product that you originally agreed to purchase. But in another way, you were definitely inconvenienced by the long delay in shipment and the unresponsive customer service, which may well entitle you to the free bag. My expertise is not in ethics!
I don't mind giving the refund back, but, I did buy it for my vacation. also I have to figure out how to do it. they also told me it shipped on 4/26 and it wasn't postmarked until may 20 i think
06-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #111
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
I don't mind giving the refund back, but, I did buy it for my vacation. also I have to figure out how to do it. they also told me it shipped on 4/26 and it wasn't postmarked until may 20 i think
One can determine that Deviant certainly had multiple meanings when they took the order as in stock on 19 April, then 29 April for shipment to arrive , then bogus shipped date of 2 May. A double dog Pox upon thee Deviant.................
06-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #112
Pentaxian

I say, keep the money, or perhaps consider donating it to the Pentax Forums!
06-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #113

Photos: Albums
I offered my refund back (bag came in the day after the refund) and was due to the inconvenience to enjoy the bag and keep the refund....

06-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #114
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Powerstroke 7.3 Quote
I offered my refund back (bag came in the day after the refund) and was due to the inconvenience to enjoy the bag and keep the refund....
good idea. i'll do that
06-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #115
Forum Member

I checked my PO box today... Nothing!
Like many others I have an email saying the bag was shipped April 29 and 1-2 weeks to deliver.
I think I will wait a little longer to see if it shows up before I ask for a refund.

No wonder they are closing their store I would not recommend them to anyone.
06-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #116
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Brownie4u Quote
I checked my PO box today... Nothing!
Like many others I have an email saying the bag was shipped April 29 and 1-2 weeks to deliver.
I think I will wait a little longer to see if it shows up before I ask for a refund.

No wonder they are closing their store I would not recommend them to anyone.
Well here's the latest story(3:35 PDT) from Maria at Deviant, the customer care manager. "We discovered that this package along with a number of other packages was delayed for postage issues and kicked back(probably true) to the USPS sorting facility we work with. They are updating the postage value and re-sending the merchandise.(when the check clears?) We most sincerely apologize that your order was caught in this error (Comedy of) and we thank you for your patience. If your package does not arrive until June 11th, please contact me." This was in response to my e-mail of May 28th. Evidently DA was trying to lowball USPS on the actual cost of shipping(my take) TIFWIW. So we have another dance tune for a while Pentaxians.
06-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #117

Well, I ended up moving in the time they were supposed to sent me the bag so I asked for a refund and got it. Apparently, according to what others are saying, the new tenant will get to enjoy a new bag haha
06-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #118
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I decided to take a chance, wait, and not go for a refund through Paypal.

Finally got the bag yesterday. It appears that it will work well for my needs, and is a good value for the price. I don't think I would have been happy had I purchased it at 70 or 80 dollars, though.

I believe that a lot of needless frustration could have been avoided with a little better communication on DA's side. Most folks I know will be patient, especially if the deal is good, when a vendor is upfront about the problem, and details the steps to resolve it.
06-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #119

Finally!

Two months later, I finally got the bag I was tempted to get the refund but since I figured most people already got theirs, ethically, it wouldn't be right to get the refund and the bag. Even if it took 60 days...

I'm pretty happy with the bag, except that the sling position makes me feel unsafe about getting my camera out. It feels like it'll fall out when I'm in a rush.
07-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #120
Site Supporter

Finally part deux...

got mine. What a GREAT little bag. A for the price, wow. Too bad they did such a BAD job of communicating with their customers, I have NO IDEA why it took so long, but nice little city bag for your camera, a flash, and a couple of lenses. They thought of pretty much everything on this. Thank you, DA! I take back everything I said about you now!

Cheers,
Cameron