Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Camera bag $25, plus $4 us shipping, regularly $75
Posted By: PBandJ, 04-15-2013, 04:24 AM

deviantArt store is closing. Saw this on a deals site, and thought I'd pass it along

deviantART Shop Men's & Women's Apparel, Gear & Accessories | Camera Bag | dA PRO Camera Bag

It's supposedly made by Brenthaven, which is a good company.

dA PRO Camera Bag picture page

DESCRIPTION

It's Bigger, It's Better

Now Featuring...

More Storage. Larger opening designed to fit more camera body styles

More Space. Room to store extra lenses and accessories

More Pockets. Separate pockets designed for memory cards and mobile phones

More Dryness. You heard right. Hidden weatherproof cover to protect your gear.

Check out our da Pro Camera Bag Feature page for more photos and descriptions, Click Here!

Additional Details:

High Comfort Padded Sling Strap can be worn to the left or to the right or as conventional shoulder strap.

Quick Draw Camera Release from dual zippered top-loading camera access panel.

Fits SLR/DSLR camera and up to four lenses or two camera bodies and three lenses with room for flash.

Exclusive deviantART Patterned Interior in bright color to assist in finding objects in the bag.

Exterior Tripod Straps can be removed for sleeker design and stored when not in use.

Made from water repellent 600 Denier polyester and heavy duty hardware.

Zippered memory card storage system with additional utility pouches for markers and small tools.

Measures 9”W x 7”D x 15”H
 (23cm x 18cm x 38cm).
Views: 12,229
05-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #46
Veteran Member

May be they use carrier transports the goods by bicycles.

05-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
So, are these bags nice?... crap?... decent?...
Just got mine yesterday; had ordered on April 18. A bit surprised by how compact it is; I thought it was going to be bigger. Not a problem as it still seems to hold lots of my lenses and K-X. It's a good thing that Pentax doesn't make a full framer right now because I doubt a Nikon or Canon FF body could fit in the top compartment. Not a big fan of the single sling shoulder strap, but I knew it had that so I was ready for it. (My Lowepro Fastpack 100 has two backpack straps which are more comfortable to wear). Also, the actual plastic clasp attachment that lets you switch the strap from one corner to the other corner (to allow you to use the bag on either shoulder) seems a bit flimsy and I'm worried it may break someday. Otherwise the bag seems to be well constructed. Wish it was nylon rather than polyester; I can feel the difference in texture compared to my Lowepro Fastpack. Not sure if it makes a difference in durability but could for weather-proof-ness. But that's where the bag's nifty rain cover comes into play I guess.

Anyway, if I had paid $75 + shipping for this bag, I might be more disappointed, but for the $34 I paid total, it's a good value.

By the way, on their website, it says "Every dA Bag Order Ships With a Free Gift!" Maybe they stopped that offer since they're closing down because I couldn't find any sign of a free gift.
05-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #48
Banned

My FedEx tracking shows "Estimated delivery :Thur 5/09/2013".
05-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Mine supposedly shipped 4/26. I inquired about it, as I read that several marked shipped had not yet been. This is the reply I got:

Thank you for contacting deviantART Customer Care. Orders shipped via USPS within the US can sometimes take up to two weeks to arrive [edit- which would be 2 more days]. There is no tracking information for orders shipped regular USPS mail.
Please note that we can only estimate arrival times, and that the delivery time is calculated from the point of shipping, rather than ordering. For future reference, if you would like your orders to arrive in a timelier manner and have tracking information, please choose one of the FedEx shipping options.
If the order does not arrive after this time frame has passed please let us know.

05-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Wow, PBandJ, you ordered on 4/15 and are still waiting? I ordered just 3 days after you, live in the DC metro area also (in NoVA) and just got it yesterday. I guess that's what I got for paying $9 (FedEx delivery) instead of $4 in shipping cost.
05-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Wow, PBandJ, you ordered on 4/15 and are still waiting? I ordered just 3 days after you, live in the DC metro area also (in NoVA) and just got it yesterday. I guess that's what I got for paying $9 (FedEx delivery) instead of $4 in shipping cost.

but it's good for the economy because I've bought 2 things (this bag and the 8mm rokinon) and neither has arrived yet, so my BBA/LBA urges are going unfulfilled. I gotta buy and get something soon!
05-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
but it's good for the economy because I've bought 2 things (this bag and the 8mm rokinon) and neither has arrived yet, so my BBA/LBA urges are going unfulfilled. I gotta buy and get something soon!
Better than me, (besides that I am also waiting on that 8mm Rokinon) I thought that I had placed an order on this bag shortly after it was posted, I was on a trip at the time and it was late. Come to find out, I could not find the order confirmation anywhere or my CC being charged for it. So not only the BBA/LBA urge not being fullfilled, but never would be since it was never ordered... . I checked again it seems like they got a couple more in, or returns, and the website took my order for one, so hopefully it really went through.

05-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #53
Banned

I received it today and it's smaller than I thought it would be. I think the deal I got on the $105 Tenba rolling backpack was better since it's huge with top quality and 1/4th the MSRP and 1/3rd what B&H had it for.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-price-watch/222890-amazon-warehous...reg-429-a.html
05-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I received it today and it's smaller than I thought it would be. I think the deal I got on the $105 Tenba rolling backpack was better since it's huge with top quality and 1/4th the MSRP and 1/3rd what B&H had it for.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-price-watch/222890-amazon-warehous...reg-429-a.html
The description says it's 9x7x15.
Did you read that before ordering?
Is that what you received?
05-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #55

Mine ordered 4/17 and shipped 4/30 has not yet been received. Hope it arrives at some point in time
05-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #56
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
The description says it's 9x7x15.
Did you read that before ordering?
Is that what you received?
I was not the only one who thought it was going to be bigger.

QuoteQuote:
seventysixersfan wrote : Just got mine yesterday; had ordered on April 18. A bit surprised by how compact it is; I thought it was going to be bigger.
05-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #57

Does it seem to differ from the image at the site?
05-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #58
Banned

It looks the same as on the site and is the same size as the Pentax 85120 DSLR sling bags that were selling for about $29 several years ago.

Here is a photo of it next to the Tenba 632-331 Shootout Large Backpack with Wheels (Olive/Black) that I paid $105 for at Amazon.

05-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #59

Photos: Albums
Received notice on 5/10 that my bag was shipped. Tracking data shows it should be delivered on 5/16 (FedEx Ground).

Those of you still waiting on shipping details, I'd contact their customer service and be sure your orders weren't one of the ones that they had issues with last week.
05-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #60
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I emailed yesterday about my missing bag, which supposedly shipped 4/26 and this was the reply:

Thank you for contacting deviantART Customer Care. We're sorry that your package has not arrived yet. Before we do anything further, I would like to give it one more week to arrive. Please let me know If the package is not here by this time next week, I will then take the next steps to make sure you receive it.