Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
KEH free shipping weekend for gear over $100
Posted By: seventysixersfan, 04-26-2013, 09:16 AM

KEH is offering free shipping for used/new camera equipment over $100. Nothing jumped out at me as a "must buy" (partly because I already have so many of the lenses being offered), but it's still nice to save the cost of their fairly expensive shipping, plus they offer a 6 month warranty on their used equipment. And as has been noted many times in this forum, they grade used stuff conservatively, so their "excellent" condition lens would probably be considered "like new" by many other vendors. Even their "bargain" grade usually ends up being very clean lenses. Their prices can be, at times, a bit higher than others, but I've been very happy with the stuff I've bought from them in the past.

Primes:
Pentax Digital Fixed Focal Length Lenses - KEH.com
Pentax Autofocus Fixed Focal Length Lenses - KEH.com
Pentax Autofocus Non-Mfg Fixed Focal Length Lenses - KEH.com

Zooms:
Pentax Digital Zoom Lenses - KEH.com
Pentax Digital Non-Mfg Zoom Lenses - KEH.com
Pentax Autofocus Non-Mfg Zoom Lenses - KEH.com
Pentax Autofocus Zoom Lenses - KEH.com
Views: 1,263
04-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And they still have the LN- pink K-x body+kit lens that they got from Pentax US! I can't believe no one has jumped on that!

I have also been pleased with the gear I bought from KEH. Some have been unhappy with shipping prices, but they have been reasonable for me (or I've taken advantage of sales like this). I bought an 'ugly' M 28/3.5 from them on a whim, and for the life of me couldn't figure out what what was ugly about it, unless it was a mark on the rear element (which, as it turned out, wiped off).
04-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks for the heads up on this - about a week late for me because I bought some gear when they announced the Pentax Big Buy.
04-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Yeah, it's all about the timing with their free shipping weekends. I took advantage of it a while back - had my eye on a heavy Manfrotto 475B tripod. Normally the shipping would have been $39.00 but was able to grab it on one of these free shipping deals. Happy camper!

04-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I would have gotten the DA 16-45 in bargain condition for $225, free shipping, which includes caps and hood too! But I really don't NEED this lens, as it would be redundant with my DA 18-135, DA 15, and Sigma 18-50 f/2.8. Still, all the hype around the IQ of the DA 16-45 makes me curious to someday try it... but I think I'll just save that money and apply it towards the new Sigma 17-70 contemporary zoom.

By the way, for those who have never bought from KEH before, be sure to read the descriptions carefully-- if they don't mention something explicitly (caps, hood), then it is NOT included. I once bought a lens from them that came totally bare, with no caps on either end, but carefully wrapped in bubble wrap. Also, unless it says "like new," don't expect the original box.
04-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
I would have gotten the DA 16-45 in bargain condition for $225, free shipping, which includes caps and hood too! But I really don't NEED this lens, as it would be redundant with my DA 18-135, DA 15, and Sigma 18-50 f/2.8. Still, all the hype around the IQ of the DA 16-45 makes me curious to someday try it... but I think I'll just save that money and apply it towards the new Sigma 17-70 contemporary zoom.

By the way, for those who have never bought from KEH before, be sure to read the descriptions carefully-- if they don't mention something explicitly (caps, hood), then it is NOT included. I once bought a lens from them that came totally bare, with no caps on either end, but carefully wrapped in bubble wrap. Also, unless it says "like new," don't expect the original box.
Excellent points. Best packaging IMHO of the places I buy gear from these days. I still wish I could just pick it up and forgo both the cost and time of shipping but alas....

On the 16-45, I was tempted too. But I have bought enough lately. My next purchase will be either a K-5IIs or something else
04-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I had the wife jump on a 10-17mm fisheye last night for my bday. Surprisingly it was free shipping and it didn't even say it was on sale!
04-26-2013, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #8
pdo

Tempting to jump on the DA* 200mm..

04-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
... My next purchase will be either a K-5IIs or something else
So your next purchase could be anything then?