Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
DxO Optics Pro Elite edition v6 (Win/Mac) for FREE
Posted By: rawr, 04-29-2013, 03:15 PM

Download a full version of the well-regarded DxO Optics Pro RAW processor/image editor (v6) for free, courtesy of DxO and the German 'Fotohits' magazine.

Steps:
Follow the Promo Link
Enter you email address
Press "BESTÄTIGEN"

You will then be taken to the download page for the Windows and Mac version of DxO v6.

(NB: The promo and download pages are in German).

The latest version of DxO is v.8, but this older v6 fully supports the following Pentax camera bodies:

Pentax K10D
Pentax K20D
Pentax K200D
Pentax K-5
Pentax K-7
Pentax K-m
Pentax K-r
Pentax K-x

as well as lots of Canon, Nikon, Sony etc bodies too, which are listed in this PDF (28k). As this is the Elite edition, some full-frame bodies are also supported.

Bodies later than the above Pentax models (K-30, K-5IIs etc) will still work, as DxO v6 will still open DNG's (and perhaps PEFs) from later Pentax bodies.

This v6 also appears to allow you to download and use all of the appropriate DxO lens modules created to date, which means the 30 or so DxO modules for Pentax lenses should also work with it.

A great opportunity to try out DxO if you haven't used it before. An upgrade deal to DxO Optics Pro v8 is also available on the download page.

Offer expires 22 May 2013.

Found this originally on ozbargain

Last edited by rawr; 04-29-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Updated with offer expiry date
Views: 8,204
04-30-2013, 09:38 AM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Has anyone gotten the email with registration code yet? I haven't and signed up for this last night.
I got it immediately. (Check your spam.)

04-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Thanks; what's weird is that I haven't gotten it in my spam or inbox, and I just signed up again and an email hasn't arrived. Oh well, by the sound of it, I'm not sure it's worth keeping/using this older version anyway.
04-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks. That is where mine ended up.
04-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Thanks. That is where mine ended up.
Oh, I just found mine. You're right, it was in the spam folder. Guess my gmail account is suspicious of emails sent in German text!

04-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Oh, I just found mine. You're right, it was in the spam folder. Guess my gmail account is suspicious of emails sent in German text!
Hmmm...I have gmail also and got it in my main inbox. I wonder how much personalization is in the spam filter?
04-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Hmmm...I have gmail also and got it in my main inbox. I wonder how much personalization is in the spam filter?
Gmail has its basic lists and algorithms but it looks at your pattern of identified spam and extrapolates from there.
04-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Any one else is getting "Data Execution Prevention" error message? Adding DxOOpticsPro.exe to the exception list did not help.

04-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
Any one else is getting "Data Execution Prevention" error message?
Never seen that before with any version. What OS are you using?
Does this MS KB answer help?
04-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Never seen that before with any version. What OS are you using?
Does this MS KB answer help?
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

It does not work even after I disabled "Data Execution Prevention" for all applications.

I will try to re-install the package.
04-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Entered my code and DxO Optics Pro 6 Elite now no longer says TRIAL in Red. Thanks again for the heads up.
04-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
DxO is a bit complicated and has a lot of features, but the basic workflow with this version of DxO is to first browse the images you want to work with by browsing your file system under the 'Select' tab. Then if you double-click on an image in a 'Select' tab folder you want to work with, it will be placed in the 'Project' pane down the bottom of the screen. Once an image is in the 'Project' pane, double-clicking on it will open it in the 'Customize' tab, from where you can apply geometric corrections, adjust WB, sharpening, apply preset effects etc.
Thanks for your help RAWR.
I double-click in the project pane and the image still not open in the Customize tabs. I still can process the image but just not able to make any adjustments.
04-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #42
Veteran Member

After entering the code and moving from a Trial Version all the selected lens modules were downloaded and installed correctly. Still can't get any non-Pentax lenses other than the Tamron 18-250 but I can't complain - it's free. Glad that I could finally download the ones they said were available though.
04-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I run DxO v8 on that no probs. I also run DxO v6 on my older XP PC no probs. All the best!

It could be something weird going on, like interactions with your video hardware, DirectX, OpenCL etc. You could ask on the forums on the DxO site.
04-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #44
Pentaxian

It does not work even after I disabled "Data Execution Prevention" for all applications.

I will try to re-install the package.
I think that is a system error caused by bad MS update (for which you'll have to find fix from MS), or a conflict with an antivirus program or firewall (more likely). Google "data execution errors" along with name of your antivirus or firewall (or other security type programs) and see if there is a fix/workaround, or see about adding an exception so it won't scan it...
04-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Still can't get any non-Pentax lenses other than the Tamron 18-250...
If they appear to have downloaded, they may simply be lurking behind the 'Not supported by this edition' section of the DxO Optics Modules list. Not helpful, but at least you may have confirmation there about what installed, and what works.