Posted By: pearsaab, 05-03-2013, 05:06 AM

999 at amazon prime...hard to stay firm

Amazon.com: Pentax K-5 IIs 16.3 MP DSLR Body Only (Black): Camera & Photo
Views: 3,286
05-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Why? Seriously, why would you deal with Gray Market when you can have one from Adorama for $996 once you count in the $100 Gift Certificate? I boggles my mind.
Emmy Photo cameras are not gray market.

05-09-2013, 04:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Emmy Photo cameras are not gray market.
Stan,
I can't find them in the Pentax USA database. Do you have a zip code or website for them because Amazon does NOT indicate one way or the other if they are an AD.
05-09-2013, 05:17 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Stan,
I can't find them in the Pentax USA database. Do you have a zip code or website for them because Amazon does NOT indicate one way or the other if they are an AD.
I don't have a zip code or website.

I am just going by the cameras and lenses I've received from Emmy have been all legit as far as included paperwork and the box text being in English and bar code stickers intact. Another point is from the list of Amazon sellers above, only Emmy is "fulfilled by Amazon" which might make a difference. I also go by a few posts like this where people have called Pentax about Emmy Photo cameras and where told that it is covered under the warranty:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-30/205627-any-k-30-owners-buy-th...ml#post2174035

Also, I had a repair done to my K-5 at CRIS under warranty with an Emmy receipt and there was no problem.

So, after all that, I don't really know what designates a gray market camera. I have a box and paperwork that is in English, and proven warranty. What would be different with a gray market camera?
05-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I don't have a zip code or website.

I am just going by the cameras and lenses I've received from Emmy have been all legit as far as included paperwork and the box text being in English and bar code stickers intact. Another point is from the list of Amazon sellers above, only Emmy is "fulfilled by Amazon" which might make a difference. I also go by a few posts like this where people have called Pentax about Emmy Photo cameras and where told that it is covered under the warranty:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-30/205627-any-k-30-owners-buy-th...ml#post2174035

Also, I had a repair done to my K-5 at CRIS under warranty with an Emmy receipt and there was no problem.

So, after all that, I don't really know what designates a gray market camera. I have a box and paperwork that is in English, and proven warranty. What would be different with a gray market camera?
Stan,
I've looked on Pentax's website, Googled Emmy, and no go. Pentax has been honoring most sales for service, which I applaud because they made the camera regardless of who you bought it from. I'd still rather, particularly when the price is the same, go with a known AD like Adorama or B&H.

05-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Stan,
I've looked on Pentax's website, Googled Emmy, and no go. Pentax has been honoring most sales for service, which I applaud because they made the camera regardless of who you bought it from. I'd still rather, particularly when the price is the same, go with a known AD like Adorama or B&H.
I totally agree with that.
05-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I totally agree with that.
Amazon is a great company IMHO. I'm a Business Prime member and get lots of perks so I know that they can offer a lot of extras. However, in the absence of something extra from Amazon and prices being <1% off on a $1k purchase I'll go with the Authorized Dealer every time. Adorama's Bundle right now is, hands down, the best deal IMHO without some other incentive from Amazon. If it weren't I would have purchased my IIs elsewhere. I guess I'm Pentax current management's nightmare - a value shopper
05-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #22
pdo

Maybe its time to pull the trigger at $987..

05-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #23

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pdo Quote
Maybe its time to pull the trigger at $987..
$1020 now... hope you pulled the trigger at $987
05-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #24
pdo

Just sold my original K5 this morning in marketplace..didnt have time..and now it went back up..booooo