Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  
pentax k5 iis $999 on Amazon
Posted By: pearsaab, 05-03-2013, 05:06 AM

999 at amazon prime...hard to stay firm

Amazon.com: Pentax K-5 IIs 16.3 MP DSLR Body Only (Black): Camera & Photo
Views: 2,715
05-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #16
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Why? Seriously, why would you deal with Gray Market when you can have one from Adorama for $996 once you count in the $100 Gift Certificate? I boggles my mind.
Emmy Photo cameras are not gray market.

05-09-2013, 04:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Emmy Photo cameras are not gray market.
Stan,
I can't find them in the Pentax USA database. Do you have a zip code or website for them because Amazon does NOT indicate one way or the other if they are an AD.
05-09-2013, 05:17 AM   #18
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Stan,
I can't find them in the Pentax USA database. Do you have a zip code or website for them because Amazon does NOT indicate one way or the other if they are an AD.
I don't have a zip code or website.

I am just going by the cameras and lenses I've received from Emmy have been all legit as far as included paperwork and the box text being in English and bar code stickers intact. Another point is from the list of Amazon sellers above, only Emmy is "fulfilled by Amazon" which might make a difference. I also go by a few posts like this where people have called Pentax about Emmy Photo cameras and where told that it is covered under the warranty:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-30/205627-any-k-30-owners-buy-th...ml#post2174035

Also, I had a repair done to my K-5 at CRIS under warranty with an Emmy receipt and there was no problem.

So, after all that, I don't really know what designates a gray market camera. I have a box and paperwork that is in English, and proven warranty. What would be different with a gray market camera?
05-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #19
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I don't have a zip code or website.

I am just going by the cameras and lenses I've received from Emmy have been all legit as far as included paperwork and the box text being in English and bar code stickers intact. Another point is from the list of Amazon sellers above, only Emmy is "fulfilled by Amazon" which might make a difference. I also go by a few posts like this where people have called Pentax about Emmy Photo cameras and where told that it is covered under the warranty:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-30/205627-any-k-30-owners-buy-th...ml#post2174035

Also, I had a repair done to my K-5 at CRIS under warranty with an Emmy receipt and there was no problem.

So, after all that, I don't really know what designates a gray market camera. I have a box and paperwork that is in English, and proven warranty. What would be different with a gray market camera?
Stan,
I've looked on Pentax's website, Googled Emmy, and no go. Pentax has been honoring most sales for service, which I applaud because they made the camera regardless of who you bought it from. I'd still rather, particularly when the price is the same, go with a known AD like Adorama or B&H.

05-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #20
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Stan,
I've looked on Pentax's website, Googled Emmy, and no go. Pentax has been honoring most sales for service, which I applaud because they made the camera regardless of who you bought it from. I'd still rather, particularly when the price is the same, go with a known AD like Adorama or B&H.
I totally agree with that.
05-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #21
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I totally agree with that.
Amazon is a great company IMHO. I'm a Business Prime member and get lots of perks so I know that they can offer a lot of extras. However, in the absence of something extra from Amazon and prices being <1% off on a $1k purchase I'll go with the Authorized Dealer every time. Adorama's Bundle right now is, hands down, the best deal IMHO without some other incentive from Amazon. If it weren't I would have purchased my IIs elsewhere. I guess I'm Pentax current management's nightmare - a value shopper
05-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #22
pdo
Senior Member
pdo's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster CA
Posts: 264
Maybe its time to pull the trigger at $987..
05-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #23
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 125
QuoteOriginally posted by pdo Quote
Maybe its time to pull the trigger at $987..
$1020 now... hope you pulled the trigger at $987

05-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #24
pdo
Senior Member
pdo's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster CA
Posts: 264
Just sold my original K5 this morning in marketplace..didnt have time..and now it went back up..booooo
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
amazon, k5, pentax, pentax deals, pentax k5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
amazon K5 iis deal is back pearsaab Pentax Price Watch 0 04-25-2013 05:24 AM
Weird and scary glitch on monitor during Live View on K5 IIs wafflehaus Pentax K-5 14 03-15-2013 08:19 AM
Pentax K-5 for $999 on Amazon - Cyber Monday HenrikDK Pentax Price Watch 8 12-03-2011 01:38 PM
HEADS UP: K-5 is $999 (Body) @ Amazon on Cyber Monday photoleet Pentax K-5 21 11-28-2011 06:02 PM
Amazon Cyber Monday Deal: K5 for $999 ricosuave Pentax DSLR Discussion 1 11-26-2011 11:09 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:33 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top