Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread

Great pricing for most lenses!! (Siggapore web store)
Posted By: SyncGuy, 05-07-2013, 10:57 PM

Just giving a heads up to a reliable webstore.
Bought my stuffs from them and very reliable for me.

Perhaps you guys would like to check it out because I believe their pricing are VERY competitive compared to elsewhere.

Lenses
Views: 3,595
05-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #16

I believe they don't do free international shipping anymore.

05-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
2 questions come to mind ...
Does anyone know if their warranty is a Pentax International Warranty?
Is this a true Pentax-sponsored website?
... and a comment
For those remarking on or questioning some very low prices, note that certain item specifically say (unboxed).
05-09-2013, 08:46 AM - 1 Like   #18
Forum Member

I was wondering the same thing as to whether this is a true Pentax-sponsored website. I did find these comments online, about different authorized and non-authorized Pentax stores in Singapore: Who is the real Pentax Distributor in Singapore? | Shutter Journey (SGP)

Poking around online, I see that there are two different facebook pages for pentax distributors in Singapore. The seller referenced in the original post in this thread (pentaxwebstore.sg) has www.facebook.com/pentaxsingapore; that facebook page also has comments on it that suggest it is associated with Emjay Enterprises, which the article on Shutter Journey (SGP) | Advocators of Carefree Photography indicates was the Pentax distributor until 2013. But the current authorized distributor mentioned in the comments I found--Audio and Photo Distributor (FE) Pte Ltd--has a different facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/AudioPhotoDistributorSingapore.

Pentaxwebstore.sg and Emjay Enterprises have the same mailing address.

Audio & Photo Distributor's page claims to be the sole distributor of Pentax & Ricoh in Singapore. Audio & Photo Distributor's webpage (Audio & Photo Distributor (F.E) Pte Ltd) doesn't seem too up to date, but they appear to be the long time Ricoh distributor. So with Ricoh buying Pentax, maybe the distributor got changed at the same time.

Also see APD Singapore | Shutter Journey (SGP) . If you scroll down the page to the summary description of APD, you'll see here as well that it claims to be the sole Pentax distributor.

So here's my guess: Emjay Enterprises (d.b.a. Pentaxwebstore.sg) was the distributor until the end of 2012. Then Pentax shifted distribution to the pre-existing Ricoh distributor in Singapore (APD). So is Emjay/pentaxwebstore selling off remaining inventory cheap (which would be why most of the lenses are not currently in stock)?
05-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lititz Quote
I was wondering the same thing as to whether this is a true Pentax-sponsored website. I did find these comments online, about different authorized and non-authorized Pentax stores in Singapore: Who is the real Pentax Distributor in Singapore? | Shutter Journey (SGP)

Poking around online, I see that there are two different facebook pages for pentax distributors in Singapore. The seller referenced in the original post in this thread (pentaxwebstore.sg) has www.facebook.com/pentaxsingapore; that facebook page also has comments on it that suggest it is associated with Emjay Enterprises, which the article on Shutter Journey (SGP) | Advocators of Carefree Photography indicates was the Pentax distributor until 2013. But the current authorized distributor mentioned in the comments I found--Audio and Photo Distributor (FE) Pte Ltd--has a different facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/AudioPhotoDistributorSingapore.

Audio & Photo Distributor's page claims to be the sole distributor of Pentax & Ricoh in Singapore. Audio & Photo Distributor's webpage (Audio & Photo Distributor (F.E) Pte Ltd) doesn't seem too up to date, but they appear to be the long time Ricoh distributor. So with Ricoh buying Pentax, maybe the distributor got changed at the same time.

Also see APD Singapore | Shutter Journey (SGP) . If you scroll down the page to the summary description of APD, you'll see here as well that it claims to be the sole Pentax distributor.

So here's my guess: Emjay Enterprises (d.b.a. Pentaxwebstore.sg) was the distributor until the end of 2012. Then Pentax shifted distribution to the pre-existing Ricoh distributor in Singapore (APD). So is Emjay/pentaxwebstore selling off remaining inventory cheap (which would be why most of the lenses are not currently in stock)?
Yup, I saw some of the same references while googling this, but didn't do as thorough an investigation as you. Good job Lititz.

So, if Emjay Enterprises is selling of remaining inventory, why even mention "PRE ORDER" on so many items? Are they waiting for a large enough quantity in order to do a deal through the current authorized distributor? And how does corporate feel about the 3rd-party stuff like the "Compatible Battery Grip"?

Stay tuned folks, I'm sure others will weigh in with more insight into this mystery.

05-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #20

From previous enquiries, they don't offer "international warranty", they only offer local Singaporean warranty, which means you have to send the goods back to Singapore (at your own expense) to get something serviced. I suggest you treat Pentax Singapore as just another grey seller with no expectation of after sales warranty. They continue to use the name "Pentax Singapore", but I don't think they officially are anymore, official Pentax webstores don't sell/send internationally, they only service their own country. And like others have pointed out, sounds dodgy they are taking "pre-orders" on readily available lenses, who knows when your pre-order will be filled...

Last edited by BigMike; 05-09-2013 at 05:07 PM.
05-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lititz Quote

You're right on this Lititz! Emjay was the official distributor until end of 2012 until APD took over the rein due to Ricoh's take over. But price increment sure follows through almost immediately.

But you're not absolutely right on Emjay clearing off remaining inventory. Those lenses weren't up until the point when i created this thread. I believe they have their own sources in obtaining their supplies cheaper than usual (bulk order?), and that's why some of the lenses, especially the DA Ltds can be had cheaper than APD.

Just wondering, regarding the warranty, would buying from APD equal to international warranty? Or would you have to send it back to APD first too?

Because if yes, then i guess warranty issue is a moot point, Emjay's would be cheaper.
But if no, then i guess we in Singapore sure gets it much cheaper.. ;P
05-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If I'm looking at this correctly, the DA 40 Limited seems to be a good price.

354 SGD = ~287 USD - ~20 (7% for non-Singapore buyers) = ~267 USD