Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

$229: Q + 02 & FS in US at BestBuy
Posted By: Docrwm, 05-16-2013, 06:31 AM

PENTAX Q 12.4Megapixel Digital Compact System Camera with Zoom Lens Black 15100 - Best Buy

Views: 1,799
05-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Weird that they included a non-compatible battery

Tempting to split and resell to fund an 03 lens.

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
$210 at Newegg plus $1.99 shipping.
Free 2 day shipping with ShopRunner!
QuoteOriginally posted by hyyz Quote
D-LI109 battery though, not for Q. But it is better value, right?
What's a better value than what?

05-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Newegg is top notch - one of the best vendors I use. The only thing to watch with them is their return policy on certain items. They are the vendor I use most often for computer parts and peripherals. Also their weekly and weekend email specials are hard to beat.
+1 from me as well. They can have return issues but that is because they are primarily a computer parts retailer and that field is a tough one on folks using things for a week and then trying to rerun them.
05-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Weird that they included a non-compatible battery

Tempting to split and resell to fund an 03 lens.

Free 2 day shipping with ShopRunner!

What's a better value than what?
Thanks for the mention of ShopRunner. Perhaps a post about it to let more folks know would be appropriate?
05-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #19
Lens Buying Addict

i knew something would be disappointing. I don't have a K-30. Well, Marketplace, here we come!

Last edited by monochrome; 05-16-2013 at 03:42 PM.
05-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In essence, ShopRunner is like Amazon Prime where you pay a subscription fee yearly and you get free 2 day shipping. It's different because you can use the service at a bunch of different e-tailers instead of just Amazon.

I actually went to cancel my 30 day free trial yesterday (needed a WiFi router ASAP from the Egg) and they offered 3 more months for no extra money. Make 3 purchases in the 3 month period, get a year free (normally $79). Your online account gives you a running tally of how much you've "saved" on shipping costs. And did I mention, it's free 2 day shipping?

It's pretty slick, though I don't do much shopping outside of ebay/Amazon/B&H/etc Oh yeah, it gives you free delivery from Domino's Pizza as well. If only I didn't recently give up pizza...that would be used all the time.

Store list here https://www.shoprunner.com/stores/
05-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
In essence, ShopRunner is like Amazon Prime where you pay a subscription fee yearly and you get free 2 day shipping. It's different because you can use the service at a bunch of different e-tailers instead of just Amazon.

I actually went to cancel my 30 day free trial yesterday (needed a WiFi router ASAP from the Egg) and they offered 3 more months for no extra money. Make 3 purchases in the 3 month period, get a year free (normally $79). Your online account gives you a running tally of how much you've "saved" on shipping costs. And did I mention, it's free 2 day shipping?

It's pretty slick, though I don't do much shopping outside of ebay/Amazon/B&H/etc Oh yeah, it gives you free delivery from Domino's Pizza as well. If only I didn't recently give up pizza...that would be used all the time.

Store list here https://www.shoprunner.com/stores/
If Newegg, Adorama, and B&H are on it then it would be well worth it for me and the office.
05-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
HaHa - it's a k30 battery?! Going to take a fancy crowbar to get that to fit into the Q!
05-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
HaHa - it's a k30 battery?! Going to take a fancy crowbar to get that to fit into the Q!
Yes, but they list for something like $60 and routinely sell for $35 so it could be resold to further lower the direct cost of a Killer Q +02 combo!

05-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #24
Pentaxian

....Aaaand it's $350 on newegg.ca! Gotta love distributor agreements!