Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Pentax SMC 15mm f/4.0 DA for $118.61 USD?!
Posted By: pdirestajr, 05-23-2013, 08:02 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Um, this just came up on Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-15mm-Limited-Digital-Cameras/dp/B001UHOR4W/ref=...pentax+limited

I ordered it because why not Amazon is legit.
Views: 5,088
05-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
5% negative feedback rating over their lifetime of 40000 total. that equals 2000 bad transactions.
Nope, it is 2,000 complaints, which get posted far more often than kudos. And many are not the seller's fault, such as late deliveries, uninformed customers, etc. I know - I deal with Amazon customers daily:-( This seller still could be brain dead, though. Just sayin'.

05-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #32

Wow. If they are just in that tiny shop, I feel kinda bad for them. If they do honor these deals, we, as a community, should start buying all of our stuff from them for awhile haha
05-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #33
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by northofpolaris Quote
Wow. If they are just in that tiny shop, I feel kinda bad for them. If they do honor these deals, we, as a community, should start buying all of our stuff from them for awhile haha
It's hard for me to believe they have eight Panasonic ET-DLE055 Fixed Focus Lenses that cost over $2,000 each in stock and B&H has zero.
Amazon.com: Fixed Focus Lens 0.8 for PT-DW5100U/DW5100UL/D5700U/D5700UL: Computer Brain

Panasonic ET-DLE055 Fixed Focus Lens ET-DLE055 B&H Photo Video
05-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #34

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by northofpolaris Quote
Actually looking at the company's info on Amazon, it doesn't seem small at all.... well, i feel kinda bad for them now as well (if they honor the deal)

05-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are most likely using a drop shipping warehouse type service. All they do is list things for sale that the warehouse has in stock - take the order and process the payment. Then the item is shipped from the warehouse outfit and will even show as if it is shipped from your company.

Even Dell does this - when you order most items from their electronics department it is done this way.

This has been done on ebay a lot for a long time.
05-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Just got an update from the company, by phone no less. The rep was courteous and informative, saying that the items were uploaded erroneously and that they do not actually carry those items. She explained that they have to cancel the order because of that, but they would offer a $10 coupon. I'm not terribly unhappy as it was expected, and it was good of them to at least call.
05-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #37
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Just got an update from the company, by phone no less. The rep was courteous and informative, saying that the items were uploaded erroneously and that they do not actually carry those items. She explained that they have to cancel the order because of that, but they would offer a $10 coupon. I'm not terribly unhappy as it was expected, and it was good of them to at least call.
So this listing by them is a scam or what ?
DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Computer Brain | Laptop and Desktop Computer Sales & Service Repair

05-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Looks like they lied to you about why the cancelled the sale. Odd, I think a reasonable person would have accepted that they reversed two numbers thereby putting it up for sale at an absurdly low price.
05-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I guess I can expect a phone call in near future.

my gf will be really sad she's not getting a lens...lol

i'm guessing part of the reason for the "alternative excuse" is that amazon would hold them accountable to their customers for pricing errors whereas they can't ship items they don't stock. if they actually did stock these lenses, amazon would "force" the company to fulfill orders by the terms their agreement. that would cost the small company what 5k?

either way, amazon is going to diminish their market reseller rating and very possibly remove them from vendor list.

Last edited by nomadkng; 05-24-2013 at 02:57 PM.
05-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #40
Forum Member

How did I miss this? Too bad I guess I need to check the price watch hourly
05-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
I guess I can expect a phone call in near future.

my gf will be really sad she's not getting a lens...lol

i'm guessing part of the reason for the "alternative excuse" is that amazon would hold them accountable to their customers for pricing errors whereas they can't ship items they don't stock. if they actually did stock these lenses, amazon would "force" the company to fulfill orders by the terms their agreement. that would cost the small company what 5k?

either way, amazon is going to diminish their market reseller rating and very possibly remove them from vendor list.
I doubt that. Amazon would likely have cancelled the orders too. A polite cancellation is appropriate for the situation.
05-25-2013, 04:59 AM   #42
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I doubt that. Amazon would likely have cancelled the orders too. A polite cancellation is appropriate for the situation.
I missed a great deal on the 13mm F2.8 Vivitar PK mount lens for $176.17 on Amazon that some received here by a few seconds.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-price-watch/216393-vivitar-13mm-2-8-176-amazon.html
05-25-2013, 05:53 AM   #43

Well, I guess it's too good to be true
If anyone interested, "Shueido", the ebay-store from Taiwan got nice prices on DA15. I've ordered one for $595
eBay My World - shueido
05-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Nice of them to honor it. I remember when the K-5 was 1399. There was an error and they were priced at $500. I believe Amazon cancelled all the orders.