Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Kata Jumbo Rucksack ~$50 after coupon
Posted By: Docrwm, 05-24-2013, 11:00 AM

Kata Jumbo Rucksack ~$50 AC+AR from Thinkgeek Grad Sale ($65 savings) This bag looks really nice, I?d consider getting it if I didn?t already have 2 bags:

ThinkGeek :: Kata Jumbo Rucksack

Use the $50 off of $100+ coupon code "congrads" or "CONGRADULATION" and send in the $15 rebate and it comes out to about $50.

Also, you get free shipping for any order over $75 so it might be worth adding something else because shipping is around $13 otherwise.

The bag has good reviews on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Kata KT DL-DR-467 Digital Rucksack for DSLR Cameras and Accessories: Camera & Photo

Huge bag, weighs practically nothing

It's back to school time, and we all know what that means. Lugging your books, tablets, phones, laptops, pens, pencils, cables, folders, water bottle, and papers from one end of campus to the other. Who's brilliant idea was it to have Calculus in Thompson Hall while Chem is all the way over in D5? That's almost a mile, through the quad where there's almost always some kinda student-action protest thing, plus, it's raining!
Campus life can suck, but when you've got a load strapped haphazardly to your back in driving rain, and you've got a long way to go to make it to your next lecture. Your books are heavy enough, but your stupid backpack weighs a ton just by itself. In the name of comfort and durability, the designers put heavy foam, rivets, and carabiner loops everywhere. You've got half a mind to chuck it into the lake and watch the ducks paddle lazily around the bubbles.
It doesn't have to be that bad. ThinkGeek, in a never-ending quest to find the perfect backpack, found this monster lurking about with photographers. It's huge - capable of carrying a 17" laptop with accessories, a library's worth of books, and every piece of portable electronics you own. It's got a transforming interior, giving you two huge chambers for carrying your stuff, or one gargantuan space big enough to store a flux capacitor, three soccer balls, or a small child (don't carry a small child in this bag, duh).
It comes with padded compartments for camera equipment, which is great, but they're easily removable if you don't need 6 little foam compartments.
To wrap it all up, literally, we've thrown in a large water-proof cover so you can make it across campus in the driving rain without soaking your composition book. Bonus!
Features and Specs
  • Heavy-duty, ultra-lightweight backpack
  • Cavernous interior: 5.9" x 7.5" x 13"
  • Laptop Compartment: 1.6" x 16.5" x 12.6"
  • Four zippered accessory compartments on the front
  • Two velcro compartments on the side
  • Two large interior compartments open up into one huge compartment for large-storage
  • Laminated and reinforced foam padded interior and shoulder straps
  • Removeable compartment for cameras and accessories
  • Rain Cover included
  • Accepts optional insert-trolley handle

Views: 2,760
05-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #2

A paper map? Lenses are not capped. JK.
05-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vodanh1982 Quote
A paper map? Lenses are not capped. JK.
But they do have the all important Apple symbol on something!! They MUST be hip!
05-24-2013, 03:23 PM - 1 Like   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
But they do have the all important Apple symbol on something!! They MUST be hip!
OK. I see why they need a paper map. That iOS map suck.

05-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I have the previous version of the dr467 and I love it. It is nice to have a dedicated area for both gear and your other stuff. The smaller pocket is great for filters and other smaller stuff. It has a rain cover too.
05-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #6

Thanks for the find!
05-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

This is an updated bag of the version I own. I LOVE my Kata bag!! It has traveled with me every single day for the past three years and shows no signs of ware. It has been to Boston, Yellowstone, Vancouver BC, Michigan, Rocky Mountain National Park, and many other places. It's rock solid and wears like iron!

Now that I have a few more lenses I am considering buying another bag. After my experience with my bag I won't even consider anything other than Kata!

$50 for this bag is a steal IMO.

05-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #8

Thanks! I've been needing another backpack, this one looks like a steal at $60 shipped.