Posted By: Docrwm, 05-31-2013, 02:29 PM

Pentax Adapter B - Adapts Pentax K Bodies to Screw Mount Lenses 30120

Our Price
$29.95 Free Shipping (USA)

Now In Stock!
Views: 5,580
06-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
Veteran Member

I received mine about a month ago. I have not used it yet because I did not find anything different in it compared to the cheap ebay ones I have. Are there any non-perceivable differences between the two?

06-26-2013, 02:33 PM - 1 Like   #17

This has been covered many times in other threads. Basically the cheap adapters tend to jam and you cannot remove your lens without a lot of fuss. The safest fix is to remove the spring clip.
07-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hazardfactor Quote
I ordered one on backorder a few weeks ago and just got the tracking number today -

there may be new stock - though the site still says backorder
Adorama is very good about fulfilling existing orders first. So, if they have 5 back ordered and 6 come in then they list it as in stock. If they have 5 back ordered and 5 come in, then its still listed as out of stock.
07-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Adorama is very good about fulfilling existing orders first. So, if they have 5 back ordered and 6 come in then they list it as in stock. If they have 5 back ordered and 5 come in, then its still listed as out of stock.
Thank you Doc. Helen Oster deserves to read this. She's had nothing but bad news lately.

07-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Thank you Doc. Helen Oster deserves to read this. She's had nothing but bad news lately.
How so? Adorama does a genuinely superior job in my experience with their customer support and service.
07-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How so? Adorama does a genuinely superior job in my experience with their customer support and service.
There been another unfomratunate addition to the "Adorama drops the ball again" packing materials thread. She needs help finding the packer who is doing it incorrectly. What a great company!! Who ever heard of a company reaching out to its customers for help identifying which employee they need to train better? Not remprimand; not fire - TRAIN better!!
07-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
There have been several recent additions to the "Adorama drops the ball again" packing materials thread. She needs help finding the packer who is doing it incorrectly.
Ah. Well, I can say that I wish they put more padding in their boxes but they are FAR from alone in that regard in my experience.

08-08-2013, 05:34 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Probably not a surprise to anyone, but I have it from a very well placed source that these adapters have become extremely hard to acquire even for Pentax employees.

If they become available again, I highly recommend grabbing as many as you need at the first chance you get.
This issue always stumps me. Why not just place a genuinely adequate order with the factor for enough to satisfy demand AND have some on hand. This would add credence to Pentax's claim that their current cameras support ALL their lenses back to the beginning.
08-31-2013, 09:11 AM   #24

I just checked on Adorama. The item is not listed as backordered at the moment.
08-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I find having an adapter on the body, instead of an adapter on each lens, works better for me. It's easy to remove and replace m42 then with no lens it's easier to remove the adapter.

Showing in stock for me, I have some rewards coming I'd love to use but in a week this will be OOS for another 6 months. I am getting a spare anyway.

Docrwm hit it on the nose, this should be a CASH cow @$30. Little piece of aluminum with a couple flat springs. I can't believe this are hard to come by.

I've heard good things about
08-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #26
Veteran Member

"Adorama drops the ball" was my baby and I just can't wrap my head around how somebody thought that was acceptable and how there appeared to be no controls in place to prevent it from happening. I've looked at their site a few times since and I still can't bring myself to put anything in the "shopping cart" or "proceed to the checkout." Seriously if you ordered a burger and they brought it out of the back on the rag that the chef uses to wipe the sweat from his brow I don't think anybody would be happy with that. I'm not going to picket outside of their store but I don't think I'll buy anything unless I really, really need it.
09-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Probably not a surprise to anyone, but I have it from a very well placed source that these adapters have become extremely hard to acquire even for Pentax employees.

If they become available again, I highly recommend grabbing as many as you need at the first chance you get.
"Buy one if you see the real Pentax adapter for sale" and "never settle for the non-Pentax M42 adapter" seem to be ongoing undercurrents among Pentax manual lens lovers. Maybe I should get one just to be ready for the amazing deals on M42 lenses I'll see... or maybe I shouldn't get one because of all the amazing deals on M42 lenses I'll see.
09-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #28

This issue always stumps me. Why not just place a genuinely adequate order with the factor for enough to satisfy demand AND have some on hand. This would add credence to Pentax's claim that their current cameras support ALL their lenses back to the beginning.

That's a very good question. The rarity of the real adapter is something you hear about over and over. Can't really be a coincidence for this long, can it? There's some reason why production is kept low, and it's apparently not lack of demand or unwillingness to pay a decent price for a simple piece of machined aluminum.
09-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #29

Got mine today. I had bought one of those cheapo ones off ebay last year and very nearly ruined my camera trying to get it off. This one is night and day better. Goes on perfectly.....comes off perfectly. Functions perfectly. EVERYONE should own one....even if they never plan on buying a screwmount lens. Just in case.....
09-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #30

I ordered one yesterday, may [insert deities] have mercy on my [soul / spirit / thingie]. Now I can't just ignore the used screwmount lenses for sale. I'm doomed.

For those who may want or need one, they appear to have them at Adorama for the moment, not on backorder.