Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

$2000 Superb Pentax 645D 40.0 MP with DFA AL IF SDM AW 55mm
Posted By: Sliver-Surfer, 06-08-2013, 09:22 AM

$2000 buy it now holy chow
Superb Pentax 645D 40.0 MP Digital SLR Camera with DFA AL IF SDM AW 55mm.

This camera set was bought new in April 2011, and hardly ever used. ONLY 170 PICTURES TAKEN !!!! Being a maniac, I make sure that my gear remains as new. There are no dents, dings or scratches on camera, lens and other accessories. Camera and lens come with original boxes, and documentation.
Superb Pentax 645D 40 0 MP With DFA AL IF SDM AW 55mm | eBay

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 06-17-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Views: 3,953
06-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
$2K is a good price if you're selling via a hacked account and don't have to actually ship a camera ....
That's the only explanation I can think of. The same seller is also listing several Hasselblads, claiming very low shutter counts. Get this: they're all $2,000. This is all very strange for a seller with 100% feedback.

Edit: All the bogus listings have been removed.

Last edited by scratchpaddy; 06-17-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Removed dead links
06-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
That's even more suspect. Who in their right mind sells it for "random" money with a bad picture that even lacks the lens included?

Just look at the "similar" pics when asking google!
https://www.google.se/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZitUVNJyBXZlJT5MMpPNtO5mnctfYc75SSo...h=667&biw=1366
And he asks that you only contact him at the address he includes in a JPG in the ad, which is against eBay rules. I contacted the person whose account it is through official eBay channels and asked what the status is of the camera and lens. We shall see what, if any, response I get.
06-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #18

Don't do it! This is a classic ebay scam. Read this: Avoid the hacked account scam. | eBay
06-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Moral of story!! Never buy or sell anything on Ebay in a way that would jeopardize Buyer or Seller Protection... always pay with paypal and never deal outside ebay if someone asks you.

06-18-2013, 03:10 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
It's listed under a different seller this time.
06-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tas 0425 Quote
It's listed under a different seller this time.
We've got 'em on the run, its only a matter of time now!
07-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
So I made a bid on the camera and emailed him as requested this was the response.

Hello,

The buy it now price for the item including shipping is $2,000. Transaction will be handled by eBay, so we can both be protected and able to exchange feedback after transaction is successfully closed!
I will offer a 30 days inspection period for the item, so if by any reason you are not satisfied with it, you can return it against a full refund!
If you do want the deal, just please email me your full name, full shipping address, eBay user ID and I will start the transaction through eBay. You will be after contacted by eBay with further instructions on how to safely complete this sale.

Thank you,
Mark

WOW, can you believe this person. I am playing along but plan to Stick it in his A$$ if I can catch him. I responded asking to move forward. I asked to speak to him on the phone. We will see what He says. I also told him that I 100% want to buy the camera and will pay him today!

I bet when he says I will get an email how to safely complete the transaction, this is where a bogus email with jacked up links has you pay in such a way that you get scammed. Boy this will be good!.. Stay tuned. AKf

Edit: This was the automated response from Ebay after I placed the bid.

Hello -->My ebay Name here<---

We're writing to let you know that the following listing was removed and the item is no longer available:

271238004256 - Superb Pentax 645D 40.0 MP with DFA AL IF SDM AW 55mm

The listing was removed because the item appears to have been listed without the account holder's permission. At this time, we're restoring the account to its original owner. You're no longer obligated to pay for the item.

If you've already paid for the item, we suggest you take the following steps:
-- If you paid using PayPal, please visit the Resolution Center to file a claim: http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/
-- If you sent a check or credit/debit card information, please contact your bank to dispute the charge.
-- If you paid using cash, MoneyGram, or Western Union transfer, these payment methods are not covered by our eBay Buyer Protection Program. We recommend that you contact your local police to file a report, as well as contact MoneyGram or Western Union directly. Retain any emails you exchanged with the seller as the police may need them in order to investigate further. eBay will gladly help the police with their investigation.

Please don't send money or respond to any further emails regarding this listing. If someone asks you to continue with the purchase outside of eBay, we strongly recommend you ignore the request. Purchases made outside of eBay aren't protected by our Feedback system or buyer protection services.

Last edited by akfreak; 07-12-2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: to add information
07-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
And he asks that you only contact him at the address he includes in a JPG in the ad, which is against eBay rules. I contacted the person whose account it is through official eBay channels and asked what the status is of the camera and lens. We shall see what, if any, response I get.
I never got a response but I did let the owner know about the item. The account is probably one of the dormant ones and it took a while for the owner to get involved.

07-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #24
Banned

His biggest mistake was listing it for $2,000, if he had it for $4,000 there would less of a chance people questioning the deal.