Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-5 II at RytherCamera for 759
Posted By: pdm, 06-17-2013, 07:52 PM

RytherCamera has the K-5 II here:

Pentax K-5 II Camera Body Only

I know the Yelp ratings for them suck, but it seems like they would at least notify me if I was getting Macau or HK market stuff.....right?!
Views: 816
06-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They will call you if you order a grey market item, and then try to upsell. You might be able to score a deal, but I'm not shopping there again

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
pdm

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They will call you if you order a grey market item, and then try to upsell. You might be able to score a deal, but I'm not shopping there again
Thanks for the quick response! One issue I haven't seen raised in the many threads on Grey Market items here on the forums is this.. If I end up with a grey market Macau camera, can I have the warranty taken care of in Macau? Or does the grey definition hold true there as well since I didn't buy it there??
06-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
And the potential for issues and troubles with repairs service isn't worth the couple hundred bucks you will "save".

06-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pdm Quote
Thanks for the quick response! One issue I haven't seen raised in the many threads on Grey Market items here on the forums is this.. If I end up with a grey market Macau camera, can I have the warranty taken care of in Macau? Or does the grey definition hold true there as well since I didn't buy it there??
Last I looked into RC, they use their own in house local camera repair, not Pentax. That's is how they can go budget price. Pentax USA says (by phone) that they'll honor the USA warranty from any U.S. seller. Likey not for outside USA, though you'll have to ask both RC and the local Pentax warranty people in your area.
06-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #6

Odd how this place says the "regular" price is $1,300, when Adorama has it for $996 with a $100 instant rebate.

Oh, and does anyone else notice that the picture is not of the camera but a lens?