Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
$499: K30 & 18-55wr
Posted By: PBandJ, 06-25-2013, 02:36 AM

B&H is almost $700 for this
I'm getting very tempted, but am waiting for the k5ii fire sale

Hunts Photo
Views: 6,598
08-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #31
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 422
QuoteOriginally posted by schnur07 Quote
I was just about ready to pull the trigger on the k-500 until I saw this post. Just ordered the k-30 with the WR lens from Hunts for $499. Should come sometime next week. I don't need the WR part of the camera or lens - I'm a fair weather man and I'm barely an amateur photographer. So maybe I can sell the WR lens and get a decent zoom or the 50mm 1.8 on sale now for $180. Not sure how my wife will react - but too late now!

Thanks for the info on this great deal!

I would try out the 18-55 before selling it and getting something different.

It is a pretty good lens as long as you don't need to use it in real low light.

And even then, if you have a decent flash, it works just fine in low light.

08-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #32
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10
Thanks for posting this. Just ordered.
08-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #33
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8
Was just in stock! Ordered, thanks for this post!
08-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #34
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Just signed up here to say thanks for the heads up! Been a Canon and Panasonic user for a while, but making the jump to Pentax and it seems this is a great camera to get my Pentax feet wet with.

10-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #35
Veteran Member
PBandJ's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington DC metro area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 480
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by theBack Quote
Just signed up here to say thanks for the heads up! Been a Canon and Panasonic user for a while, but making the jump to Pentax and it seems this is a great camera to get my Pentax feet wet with.
Bump-this deal is still on
10-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #36
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Durham, nc
Photos: Albums
Posts: 887
Thanks for the bump. Just bought it. It wasn't blue.... but the cheapest blue one I could find was $150 more and came with the non weather-sealed lens. So I jumped on this. Now I have a K-x to get rid of....

Charles.
10-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #37
Site Supporter
tomwil's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 778
Appears Hunt's has finally sold out the K-30 kit. The link shows "No Product was found matching that ID" and their eBay auction has ended.
10-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #38
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Durham, nc
Photos: Albums
Posts: 887
Hah! I got the last one then! Woo!

Charles.

10-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #39
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Durham, nc
Photos: Albums
Posts: 887
So I received my camera today. It does have the WR lens, as everyone else had mentioned.

Mine had a screen protector already installed, and a shutter count of 120. The box had obviously been opened previously, as the internal box taht the body was contained in wasn't closed quite correctly. It doesn't appear any other part had been opened. There was a small scuff on the screen protector.

Thoughts? Refurb? Demo? Or did Hunts just open it and install a screen protector? (Seems like an odd thing to do, why not just include it separately)

Charles.
10-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #40
Pentaxian
Nick Siebers's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,139
QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
So I received my camera today. It does have the WR lens, as everyone else had mentioned.

Mine had a screen protector already installed, and a shutter count of 120. The box had obviously been opened previously, as the internal box taht the body was contained in wasn't closed quite correctly. It doesn't appear any other part had been opened. There was a small scuff on the screen protector.

Thoughts? Refurb? Demo? Or did Hunts just open it and install a screen protector? (Seems like an odd thing to do, why not just include it separately)

Charles.
If you got the last one, it might have been their demo model. I would think they should have told you, but either way it is quite a good deal.
10-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #41
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Durham, nc
Photos: Albums
Posts: 887
Well, I dunno if it was really the last one, but less than an hour after I ordered, the deal was no longer available.

Charles.
10-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #42
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 331
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
If you got the last one, it might have been their demo model. I would think they should have told you, but either way it is quite a good deal.
It probably was a demo model. I went into my local Hunt's to get my K30 and I bought their demo model cause it was the only one they had left. It still looked pristine, though I didn't check the shutter count.
10-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #43
Pentaxian
Nick Siebers's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,139
QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
It probably was a demo model. I went into my local Hunt's to get my K30 and I bought their demo model cause it was the only one they had left. It still looked pristine, though I didn't check the shutter count.
A shutter count of 120 is actually probably too low for a demo model, now that I think about it. Most new cameras come with a few clicks, about 100. Unless it was a really unpopular demo....
10-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #44
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Durham, nc
Photos: Albums
Posts: 887
Well, the sensor was also dirty. Only showed up above f11, but I was able to use a rocket blower to clean it out. So, it takes nice pictures and seems to be working 100%. They offered me a $25 partial refund, which I think I'll take.

Charles.
10-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #45
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Durham, nc
Photos: Albums
Posts: 887
Actually, maybe not. The warranty card is also missing. Both serial number cards are present,but the warranty card is not. The big user manual also has a piece of paper stuck between some pages -- a bookmark it appears. But everything is still in like-new shape. Is a missing warranty card a big deal?

Hunts no longer has any more of these, so their only offer is a $25 credit or return the camera for a full refund.

Charles.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax deals
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K30 w/ 18-135mm or K5 w/ 18-55mm AL WR & SMCP-DA 50-200mm WR biscohuffer Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 06-25-2013 08:30 PM
K30 $499 at Hunt's Joe Pentax Price Watch 38 05-16-2013 08:12 AM
For Sale - Sold: Da 18-55wr Docrwm Sold Items 3 03-22-2013 06:22 PM
18-55wr? sebberry Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 29 11-28-2011 11:36 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top