Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread

K-5II + 18-135WR for $985 at Overstock.Com
Posted By: Docrwm, 07-19-2013, 06:04 AM

Pentax K-5 II 16.3 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (Body with Lens Kit) | Overstock.com

Today $984.99 Item #: 14755199 Moderate Sellout Risk
Pentax K-5 II 16.3 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (Body with Lens Kit) - 18 mm - 135 mm...more
Free Shipping When You Purchase This Item*
Views: 15,347
07-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #46

QuoteOriginally posted by spaceworm Quote
Looks like they pulled the item....hmmm wondering if the reason could be a mistake with the listing?
You can still go to the listing, however, it is out of stock again.
I hope any others who receive their order will chime in soon, before my order ships...

07-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #47

Came in kit box that listed 18-55
Needless to say it was not in the box either
Bait and switch but with no lens
Cuz
07-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #48

That is crazy. I have ordered many times from overstock without any problems.
07-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #49

Me too

07-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Piscator Quote
Same combo at Amazon is $1,154: Amazon.com: Pentax K-5 II 16.3 MP DSLR DA 18-135mm WR lens kit (Black): Camera & Photo

Sooooo....$170 savings to go with the sketchy provider. Keeping my fingers crossed.
That is market place item also, from DavisMAX. Not sure about the reputation of this store, but a grey market item without US warranty for sure.
Sign... i guess we asked too much. Much lower price, as good service.
Anyone else got their camera from overstock?
07-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Wow I hope you have an easy return.

If you paid with CC you probably have some pretty good protection built in if needed.

I'd like to hear how it goes.
07-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
That is market place item also, from DavisMAX. Not sure about the reputation of this store, but a grey market item without US warranty for sure.
Sign... i guess we asked too much. Much lower price, as good service.
Anyone else got their camera from overstock?
As for the warranty - we've been through this dozens of times here at PF. <1 year old with sales receipt and CRIS will service it, they did for me and others here.

07-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #53

Got my order in this afternoon. Came with a 18-55 kit box and just camera body in it. No lens. Well, need to deal with their customer service.
07-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Sorry it ended up being too good to be true. I didn't order one but came VERY close. I don't think I'll order from OS again, at least not bigger ticket items.

Please let us know your CS and return experiences...
07-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #55

Successfully cancelled my order. Whew!
07-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #56
Forum Member

Has anyone tried to get them to ship you the lens separately? They sell it without retail packaging (probably stealing them from these kits!!) http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Pentax-21977-18-mm-135-mm-f-3.5-5.6-Zoo...0/product.html

sent from my phone
07-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #57

I too received my order last evening, without lens. I contacted their customer service to know whether it's a case of wrongly advertised product on their website. Per them, the kit must come with a lens and camera being shipped without lens is an oversight by their warehouse. Just 15 minutes after I finished this call, I got an e-mail from their parts department stating they have contacted the warehouse and have asked them to ship the missing lens, if it is in stock.

They have asked me to wait for two business days before initiating any further action. Let's see how it turns out.
07-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #58

I just got off of chat with Overstock. They are very confident that I will receive what I ordered! Phew, what a relief! (Yeah, right...)
I'm going to be royally pissed if they ship me the wrong kit. I'm still thinking of calling and pushing for cancellation.
I payed through PayPal, so there shouldn't be any problems getting a refund, but what a hassle.

Here is the transcript of the chat:

Greg D. : Hi, my name is Greg D. . How may I help you?
Michael Brazeal: Good Morning. Yesterday, I placed an order for a Pentax K5-ii camera kit with 18-135 lens. It has not shipped yet. My concern is that I know of two people who ordered the same kit, and they received the wrong kit.
Greg D. : Do you know what kit they did receive?
Michael Brazeal: Is there anyway for someone to check my order prior to shipping to ensure that it is the correct kit with the 18-135 lens? If not, I would like to cancel my order.
Michael Brazeal: They received a box for the 18-55 lens kit, but they did not receive a lens, just the camera.
Greg D. : This is item 14755199?
Michael Brazeal: Correct
Greg D. : I checked and see that we have had sold a few of these.
Greg D. : I will make a note with the warehouse. I see where one customer has contacted and stated they received the wrong kit.
Michael Brazeal: Okay. I would rather not go through the hassle of receiving the wrong kit and then having to return it and wait for a refund. I would really appreciate it if the warehouse could double check my order before shipping.
Greg D. : I do hear where you are coming from.
Greg D. : I feel very confident you will receive what you ordered. Was it recently the other customers received the wrong kit?
Michael Brazeal: Yes, they received their kits within the last two days.
Greg D. : Alright. As I stated your concern has been noted. I will make sure the warehouse checks this before shipping.
Greg D. : Have I addressed all of your concerns today?
Michael Brazeal: Okay, thanks.
Greg D. :
Thank you for contacting Overstock.com. Before you go, we invite you to check out the exclusive benefits of becoming a Club O Member. Club O allows you to earn rewards and save more with every Overstock.com purchase. It's our way of saying 'Thank You' for shopping with us. Click here to learn more!

Greg D. has disconnected.
07-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #59

Brazeal, that sounds like good news. I think they are just disorganized, with all the kit disassembling they do. As Kevingt01 says, they have kit lenses in "non-retail" packaging all over the place on their site. And the fact that people have been receiving the box for the 18-55 lens kit without lens seems to corroborate that. They likely have a big stack of kit boxes with only bodies in them in the warehouse, and then they have to go find the lens separately. Someone has either forgotten; or I wouldn't be surprised if the lenses just start showing up without any notification.

But I'd be pissed, too, if I'd bought one of these and had this happen! These guys are flaky, but they're not a fly-by-night operation, either. I don't think there'd be any problem getting a refund if you had to get your credit company involved.

Hoping to see some success stories here soon.
07-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After the DA40/DA40XS Overstock fiasco, I've stayed away. It's looks like they are up to their old tricks but "old" tricks assumes they did something in the past, and it appears it is what they currently do.