Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

K-5II + 18-135WR for $985 at Overstock.Com
Posted By: Docrwm, 07-19-2013, 06:04 AM

Pentax K-5 II 16.3 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (Body with Lens Kit) | Overstock.com

Today $984.99 Item #: 14755199 Moderate Sellout Risk
Pentax K-5 II 16.3 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (Body with Lens Kit) - 18 mm - 135 mm...more
Free Shipping When You Purchase This Item*
Views: 15,335
07-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Let the buyer beware.

07-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by ToyTank Quote
Sorry it ended up being too good to be true. I didn't order one but came VERY close. I don't think I'll order from OS again, at least not bigger ticket items.

Please let us know your CS and return experiences...
After contacting Overstock customer service yesterday evening, I got an email this morning saying they have sent parts request to their warehouse and asking to ship the missing lens for me. Hopefully I can get a correct lens this time.
07-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If they are able to rectify the situation and ship you the DA 18-135 as originally promised in their sales advertisement, then this will be a great success story and one that goes up there in the annals of "awesome bundle deals" like the K-01 + DA40XS for $316. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for those of you that ordered this bundle...
07-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
If they are able to rectify the situation and ship you the DA 18-135 as originally promised in their sales advertisement, then this will be a great success story and one that goes up there in the annals of "awesome bundle deals" like the K-01 + DA40XS for $316. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for those of you that ordered this bundle...
+1 on that. I hope you get what they advertised.

07-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #65

My order just shipped, so hopefully they did check my order in the warehouse and corrected it prior to shipping. If not, I'd be satisfied with them sending me the lens separate to honor the advertised deal. Fingers crossed!
07-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #66

Got my order this afternoon. Same tragic: only a k-5 II body in a 18-55 kit box. No lens, even the wrong one.

When I contact the customer service, they first offered they would contact their warehouse and send me the missing lens. After I stated clearly that the lens should be a 18-135 one instead of the 18-55 on the box I received today, they (seemingly checked their website for a few seconds and) told me the original kit is out of stock now so if I want I can return the item to get the full refund, or I need to wait 2-3 days to see if they'll have the lens. Afraid of further trouble, I chose to return the item. And received an email from them with the mailing label right after the call.

Hope I can get the full refund and people who chose to wait for the lens can get the correct one without other issue.
07-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Hope you fellas get your money back, or better yet the K-5 II and 18-135 at the advertised price. I was very tempted myself, and thank everyone that is sharing their experiences...

07-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #68
Forum Member

Mine came without lens. They say they'll ship the lens, but I'm waiting for confirmation from warehouse. I'm supposed to hear back tomorrow.

sent from my phone
07-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #69
Pentaxian

I'd definitely buy the camera and then wait for the lens if they say that they'll ship them.

I wish I had the money to jump on this deal, even if the lens came later It's basically a free lens deal, and a good lens too!
07-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Here is another case - as in a current item - where Overstock doesn't get it right.

Pentax DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens (New in Non-Retail Packaging) | Overstock.com

We have told them countless times that the image is NOT the XS lens, but they don't care.
07-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Here is another case - as in a current item - where Overstock doesn't get it right.

Pentax DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens (New in Non-Retail Packaging) | Overstock.com

We have told them countless times that the image is NOT the XS lens, but they don't care.
I want to like Overstock since I've heard some good things about them as corporate citizens. It's hard to though with clear and repeated QC issues like this.

At least they know what an 18-135 is...

Pentax 18-135 Search Results | Overstock.com

Again, I hope that the folks that ordered and got bodies only actually get the 18-135. I may pull the trigger if they do...
07-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Same story here. Got the camera in a box for k5ii+18-135 kit, but the box was opened, no lens inside, no manual, no serial cards. Camera was in a plastic bag but has a little dust on it. Can not find sign of usage though. Viewfinder is clean, although eyecup has dust on it. Camera still in "unset" situation, when powered on, requires set time....
Called overstock, same story again, promised contacting me again within 2 days, and will ship the 18-135 lens to me if they still have one.
If they can not find a 18-135 lens for me, they will accept return even I use the camera in the next few days. That is good, but I still pack the camera back and will wait for the lens.
Hope they will fulfill the order, which will make it a great deal.
But at least, their costumer service is good, I got a chance to talk to someone immediately, and return should be easy if I (we) have to, as we discussed a few days ago before putting the order.
07-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #73

Hoping for K-5ii AND LENS

Been looking at a camera upgrade for quite a while, and thanks to this website had zeroed in on the K-5ii with 18-135WR. I missed the original deal posted here, but Overstock checked every day and ordered on Tuesday when it came back in stock. Like Brazeal, I too had a chat with an Overstock.com rep today, and pointed out the issues with shipping this item without the lens. I was assured the lens was included with the camera, as advertised. Of course, my order status changed to shipped a few hours later, so I'm doubtful that my chat had any effect on my shipment. Anyway, FedEx tracking shows it should be here Saturday, so I'll let you all know how it goes....
Thanks to all for sharing your expertise and experiences here, and for the updates. As stated by others, I'm okay getting the lens in a separate shipment somewhat later, as long as I end up with the complete item AS ADVERTIZED.

Regards to all,

Phantommac
07-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #74

Price updated $1,395.80
07-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Here is another case - as in a current item - where Overstock doesn't get it right. Pentax DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens (New in Non-Retail Packaging) | Overstock.com
What do you get when you order this one?