Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread

K-5II + 18-135WR for $985 at Overstock.Com
Posted By: Docrwm, 07-19-2013, 06:04 AM

Pentax K-5 II 16.3 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (Body with Lens Kit) | Overstock.com

Today $984.99 Item #: 14755199 Moderate Sellout Risk
Pentax K-5 II 16.3 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (Body with Lens Kit) - 18 mm - 135 mm...more
Free Shipping When You Purchase This Item*
Views: 15,345
07-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #106

QuoteOriginally posted by cuzzzzzz Quote
I got my lens
Not sure which lens you got & if it was with the original shipment.

Fedex were to deliver mine on Friday but it didn't come. Had to go out all day Saturday & found the Fedex slip on the door when I got home.

After reading the updates on this thread I don't have a good confidence level of the package being complete so I just called customer service. The lady was friendly & spent time looking into the history of these orders. She saw that the order data specifically confirms that it includes the 18-135 WR lens and I pointed out that they are also advertising that lens as item #13440369 - advertised as new in non-retail packaging. I also suggested that these are probably the lenses that should be in the kits we are buying. She is contacting the other warehouses to find out what is happening & suggests I accept the package today and check what is is it. She is aware that I want one of the advertised lenses if one is not included already. I've waited a week so far so don't mind waiting another day or 2 to see what is included & what they will do if it is not.

07-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #107

QuoteOriginally posted by howzat Quote
Not sure which lens you got & if it was with the original shipment.

Fedex were to deliver mine on Friday but it didn't come. Had to go out all day Saturday & found the Fedex slip on the door when I got home.

After reading the updates on this thread I don't have a good confidence level of the package being complete so I just called customer service. The lady was friendly & spent time looking into the history of these orders. She saw that the order data specifically confirms that it includes the 18-135 WR lens and I pointed out that they are also advertising that lens as item #13440369 - advertised as new in non-retail packaging. I also suggested that these are probably the lenses that should be in the kits we are buying. She is contacting the other warehouses to find out what is happening & suggests I accept the package today and check what is is it. She is aware that I want one of the advertised lenses if one is not included already. I've waited a week so far so don't mind waiting another day or 2 to see what is included & what they will do if it is not.
OK, here is an update - the lady from the 'O' called me back & advised sorry but they can't honor the deal and advised me to return the item (she confirmed that no lens will be included when it comes). When it comes I have to request a return document and they send an email with the return documentation in it - then I have to take it to UPS for return (it will come via Fedex). No mention of the costs or inconvenience to me. Didn't want to get angry as it wasn't her fault but I told her that I believed that the big O made the mistake and were clearly re-pakaging the lens from the advertised kit and are selling it separately. Best of luck if anyone chooses to deal with them in future.

The good news is that I no longer have to sell my K20D to defer costs. I'll wait until another deal comes along on an 18-135 (or maybe the DA 15 limited one day).

Buyer beware.

Ted
07-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #108
Forum Member

No-----just refuse the package--------no hassle
07-30-2013, 11:26 AM - 2 Likes   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You may also have the option to dispute on your credit card. Then force Overstock to pay for pick-up and return costs for the item from your house, or credit you with the difference an 18-135 lens would cost.

There is no buyer beware here because you have contract and a specified product and price from a legitimate seller with a credit account. If there is a misrepresentation leading to added costs for you then you have legitimate grounds to dispute the charge until the product as advertised is made good to you. Overstock not only cannot process your payment until the dispute is resolved, they get dinged $20-40 just for the credit card company getting involved.

As long as your dispute resolution attempt is reasonable, the credit card company usually takes the consumer's side.

Refuse the package but only if you are assured in writing (email will do) that they sent you an incomplete product different than as bargained for. If you do not get that assurance, a refusal may incur return charges less your refund. You need to be careful on that because shipping terms are usually different than sales terms.

07-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #110

I received my order today. It arrived in a 18-55 kit box, without the lens (as expected). I contacted Customer Service via chat and explained the problem, and they transferred me to the Parts Dept, and I once again explained the problem. He checked and replied that the kit does not come with a lens. After I sent him the link to the exact kit that I ordered that clearly states that it does in fact come with the lens, he changed his lie and stated that he could put in a request for the lens but that I may not receive it, and that he could process a return if I chose not to wait a few days for a decision on the lens. I informed him that my frustration was not in any way directed to him after I told him what I thought about how this pricing mistake fiasco and subsequent lies that were being told.

Anyway, it sucks that I have to go through the hassle of returning the lens and then waiting over a week for my refund, but I guess I was not meant to have the K5ii right now. I guess that I was supposed to keep my money because Pentax will be announcing a new flagship camera soon! Haha, yeah right! Really though, I would have preferred to have a K5iis instead anyway, and I really did not need the 18-135 lens, so it is not a big deal. I'm way more pissed about how Overstock handled this price mistake than I am over not getting what I ordered. Overstock lost a customer for life on this one, but I know they could care less.

A recent article stated that the Overstock CEO placed a $100,000 ad in the WSJ to gloat over the indictment of the founder of SAC Capital. Longtime SAC Critic Mocks Cohen in Full-Page WSJ Ad: 'Roll Early, Roll Often' - Compliance Week
I don't know all of the details of the feud or care to know it, but it must be nice to blow $100,000 like that, and that certainly demonstrates his maturity level. A CEO referring to people as Sith Lords? Really?! Maybe he should have invested that $100,000 into his company and maybe hire someone to proof read and double check product listings?

Well, this would have been a good deal, and I needed another backup camera, but maybe I will jump on some of these good K-30 deals that are popping up and maybe upgrade my studio lighting now and wait for better deals and maybe that possible new model.

Mike
07-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #111

Struck a deal with Overstock for body only!

Here's an update : Overstock had mailed me a couple of days ago to quote a fair price to keep the body only with me. I had quoted $700 and just now I got an email from them saying they have processed my refund of $285. So finally K5 II body for 700 USD. Not that bad, I believe!
07-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #112
Veteran Member

K5ii for $700? THAT'S AWESOME! (you earned it)

07-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #113

Lens is on the way!

Got this email update from CS today:

"I just wanted to follow up with you, and let you know that we will be sending out the lens. The order # is xxxxxxxxx. Please allow 1-2 business days to leave our warehouse and 3-5 business days to arrive. Thank you for your time and patience."

Checked the new order number and it shows as shipped today, with a FedEx tracking number.
The new order shows the item as:
Pentax 21977 18 mm-135 mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens for Pentax KAF3 (New in Non-Retail Packaging), at a Total Price of $0.00

Looks like I got them to honor the deal, but I'm not sure how. All I did was call CS to say the lens was missing, and then we communicated via email after that. Don't know why I got them to agree to ship this when they refused to do so for others.

I'll let you all know what happens, FedEx shows the lens should be here Friday.
08-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #114

Received the 18-135 lens today, so I'm good to go. Overstock came through with the deal.
08-02-2013, 05:22 PM - 1 Like   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was in the same boat. Received K-5II without the lens. Spoke with Overstock several times. They offered to refund the full price or to subtract the price of the lens. I politely insisted on receiving the lens. They finally agreed and I got the lens today. It is in a plain box, but has the card with the serial number and operating manual. Clearly, it was removed from the kit.

The key to dealing with Overstock is to be polite but firm. Don't accuse them of "bait and switch," just repeat that the lens that was advertised was not included. Yes, it was a hassle, but I am happy to have the camera and the lens for the advertised price.
08-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #116

Mine shipped from some place in PA, and came in a retail black cube like box, with the hood and a small instruction paper.

Enjoy your new camera and lens, I'm sure I will enjoy mine!
08-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #117
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is back in stock for people who may have missed the earlier deal. Good luck. They can make a mistake only once. If they do it again its their fault.
08-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #118

Well. there is a big blue square box that says out of stock so they are not making that mistake again at all....