Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

K-5II + 18-135WR for $985 at Overstock.Com
Posted By: Docrwm, 07-19-2013, 06:04 AM

Pentax K-5 II 16.3 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (Body with Lens Kit) | Overstock.com

Today $984.99 Item #: 14755199 Moderate Sellout Risk
Pentax K-5 II 16.3 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (Body with Lens Kit) - 18 mm - 135 mm...more
Free Shipping When You Purchase This Item*
Views: 15,296
07-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #76

Photos: Albums
The price update should be good news for those of you who hung in there--It indicates they actually have the lenses and may therefore be able to honor the bargain they made with you. Good luck!

07-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's also listed as out of stock at that price.
07-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #78

QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
Same story here. Got the camera in a box for k5ii+18-135 kit, but the box was opened, no lens inside, no manual, no serial cards. Camera was in a plastic bag but has a little dust on it. Can not find sign of usage though. Viewfinder is clean, although eyecup has dust on it. Camera still in "unset" situation, when powered on, requires set time....
Called overstock, same story again, promised contacting me again within 2 days, and will ship the 18-135 lens to me if they still have one.
If they can not find a 18-135 lens for me, they will accept return even I use the camera in the next few days. That is good, but I still pack the camera back and will wait for the lens.
Hope they will fulfill the order, which will make it a great deal.
But at least, their costumer service is good, I got a chance to talk to someone immediately, and return should be easy if I (we) have to, as we discussed a few days ago before putting the order.
How disappointing! I hope they can get you the lens. I'd be happy with them deducting $400 for the lens, but I know that won't happen.

I still think this was not an intended sale at a great price to move old stock to prepare for a forthcoming new model. I think, just like the 40 XS fiasco, Overstock screwed up and had the wrong price and/or wrong description. I hope they honor their mistake.

According to the tracking information, the box weighs 5 lbs, which is what some other suppliers are listing the shipping weight of the kit. I'm crossing my fingers as 5 lbs seems heavy for just the lens, accessories, and packing.
I would be grateful if someone could check their tracking information and see what the weight shows for the ones who only received the camera and no lens.

Mike
07-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #79

Mine showed 5lbs, too. But the package came without lens.

07-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
4 lbs, no lens inside of course.
07-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #81

Thanks for checking guys.
07-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like a calculated goof... by Overstock.com

Here are the un-boxing photos for the people who are wondering about what may be actually happening with the people who ordered.
Looks like they did this with all the orders/shipments. (No lens just the body. And the box it came in with is marked 18-55 not 18-135.
Called customer support and they are now shipping it as a missing part. They were nice. No complaints on customer support. (Guess they know overstock.com is messing up).
Looks to me more like a controlled bait and switch. Haha.... I hope these photos doze the curiosity of some who are still wondering.
Will report when the lens arrives.

Last edited by shardulm; 11-14-2016 at 01:07 PM.
07-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
And the box it came in with is marked 18-55 not 18-135.
I just have this feeling.........I hope I am wrong.......but I think they might send you folks the 18-55 lens. Then the fun will really begin!
07-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #84

Not sure if I feel lucky or ripped off. I placed an order for this kit and when I got the confirmation email back the ship to address was wrong. I had entered my mail stop at my work address, MS 90-1AB and the reply showed APT-21 (something like that), anyways the info was so far off there's no way it was a typo on my part. It makes me wonder if they were on to their mistake at this point and started sabotaging orders?
I chatted service and they said all they could do was cancel the order. By the time I got back to desk to order they were marked sold out. I hope those that got orders in are taken care of.
07-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #85
Forum Member

Update: body came no lens; spoke with Dan on chat yesterday who said they'd ship the missing lens pending they have them in stock. I called today and warehouse has them but won't honor the price mistake. After pushing them, they offered $150 off the lens and will refund the original order. So I didn't get the great deal but should be getting the lens for $328 (about what it goes for on the marketplace forum).

sent from my phone
07-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #86

QuoteOriginally posted by kevingt01 Quote
Update: body came no lens; spoke with Dan on chat yesterday who said they'd ship the missing lens pending they have them in stock. I called today and warehouse has them but won't honor the price mistake. After pushing them, they offered $150 off the lens and will refund the original order. So I didn't get the great deal but should be getting the lens for $328 (about what it goes for on the marketplace forum).

sent from my phone
I'm shocked by this. I thought this fiasco was just poor organization. But this is outright fraud. You cannot sell something for a certain price and then not deliver the product or change the terms after the fact. Even for Overstock, I didn't expect this.
07-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This is getting to the point that someone needs to report Overstock for a pattern of false advertising and fraud.
07-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #88
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Takumar55 Quote
I'm shocked by this. I thought this fiasco was just poor organization. But this is outright fraud. You cannot sell something for a certain price and then not deliver the product or change the terms after the fact. Even for Overstock, I didn't expect this.
For the most part customer service was very polite but a couple times she said I was "cashing in" on the mistake [by taking the $150 discount and still returning the first order]… at the end she said she waned to reiterate that this is a special case, one time thing. I told her I hope it is on her end as well [selling something and not delivering].

sent from my phone
07-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #89
Forum Member

The thing is, $985 is a very good price, but its not outrageous. Amazon (direct, not a separate store) has it on backorder for about $150 more.

sent from my phone
07-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #90

QuoteOriginally posted by kevingt01 Quote
For the most part customer service was very polite but a couple times she said I was "cashing in" on the mistake [by taking the $150 discount and still returning the first order]… at the end she said she waned to reiterate that this is a special case, one time thing. I told her I hope it is on her end as well [selling something and not delivering].

sent from my phone
I call BS. They re-listed the kit and price several times, even after having been told that people weren't getting the lenses. They had several chances to review the pricing.

The "one-time, special case" is just standard procedure. Amazon says that all the time, too; but they've made good when I've had problems.