Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread

K-5II + 18-135WR for $985 at Overstock.Com
Posted By: Docrwm, 07-19-2013, 06:04 AM

Pentax K-5 II 16.3 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (Body with Lens Kit) | Overstock.com

Today $984.99 Item #: 14755199 Moderate Sellout Risk
Pentax K-5 II 16.3 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (Body with Lens Kit) - 18 mm - 135 mm...more
Free Shipping When You Purchase This Item*
Views: 15,346
07-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #91
Veteran Member

The hassle overshadows the benefit of saving some money. I'd rather save money from an eBay seller with excellent feedback.

07-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #92

QuoteOriginally posted by Takumar55 Quote
I'm shocked by this. I thought this fiasco was just poor organization. But this is outright fraud. You cannot sell something for a certain price and then not deliver the product or change the terms after the fact. Even for Overstock, I didn't expect this.
That's what you would think, and that's how it should be (false advertising), but these retailers do it every day and there are no consequences for it. Look at the bait and switch scams that Ryther and some other camera shops do every day. Fry's does it sometimes too. I even had Newegg do it to me on a computer. I ordered a computer, and they took my money and held on to it for 3 days before cancelling my order and telling me that the computer was out of stock. The problem with that was that I searched and found the exact same system listed on a brand new page but with a higher price. I took snapshots of both listings and sent all of the information to the BBB and filed a complaint. Surprisingly, Newegg admitted that it was a pricing mistake that they refused to honor, but they never admitted to lying about it.

In this case, I would say that you could file a complaint with the BBB and your State AG's office, but I seriously doubt anything positive will result.
I've already realized that I most likely will not receive the kit with the lens, and that I will just send it back and get a refund and wait for the big announcement later in the year for the the new models. I may file a BBB complaint, just because of the principle of it, but I may decide later to not even waste my time. Without doubt, I will not order from Overstock again.

Mike
07-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #93

Surprize

Nailed it
07-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posting the wrong picture, pricing error, failure to deliver - these are common at internet clearance websites. They were quite common when TV Buying Channels were more popular in the last decade.

What truly amazes me here is someone opened the boxes and removed the 18-55's from the boxed kits.

07-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It is quite common that some stores buy kit from over sea and sell them separately. They usually can make more money than sell them as kits.
That usually happens to higher prices lens such as 18-135, at least 18-55 wr. I wonder how much more they cam make by separating the camera and 18-55 da(L) kit lens. Anyone buy kit lens by its own?
I don't think they will honor the deal. I put the camera back to the box and am waiting for they emails. They promised me updating the status daily via email. I pointed out that the 18-135 lens is in stock, but hear nothing back yet.
07-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #96
Veteran Member

I'm sure glad the only thing I've purchased from Overstock are neckties. Hard to mess that up.

Larry
07-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, here it is from Overstock today:

First, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of this matter. I have just heard back from the warehouse, and they have notified me that the camera does not come with the lens kit, and it was a error on the listing. The price listed is without the lens kit. If you would like to keep it, as is, then please let me know. If you would like to return for a full refund, I can set that up for you. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you with this or any other issue. Visit us again soon for great savings on our name-brand products.

07-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #98
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
Well, here it is from Overstock today:

First, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of this matter. I have just heard back from the warehouse, and they have notified me that the camera does not come with the lens kit, and it was a error on the listing. The price listed is without the lens kit. If you would like to keep it, as is, then please let me know. If you would like to return for a full refund, I can set that up for you. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you with this or any other issue. Visit us again soon for great savings on our name-brand products.
Again, this speaks to pattern and failure to honor their commitments. They listed the part # for the K5II + 18-135 and had that photo and written description. This is far more, IMHO, than a mere listing mistake.
07-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #99

The story goes on with Overstock.....

Like others, received the 18-55 kit box with no lens. From previous posts, looks like about 12 of us ordered this, even though it was only on Overstock, and not out of stock and available to be ordered, for about 2 days total in the past 8 days, since the original post here. Call CS, and was told they'd ship the lens, if in stock. I even gave the CS rep the overstock item # for the lens - 13440369. Of course she told me all this has to be confirmed by the parts dept prior to any shipment. Same point confirmed in a follow up email from Overstock CS:

"I have contacted the warehouse who sent the product to see if it is possible for them to ship the lens kit. I should hear back from the warehouse within 2 business days, at which point I will contact you."

I'm sure that's where the fun begins. I notice Overstock is being very cute in their feedback to others, stating that this was a "description error". That is not true, this item is still listed on Overstock (but out of stock) with the same description. What we have here is a pricing error, but they probably don't want to call it that as I guess they'd then be obligated to honor it. That's certainly the point I will make to them when I get the inevitable refusal to ship me the correct lens. If they don't make good on my accepted and confirmed order, I'll certainly provide feedback to BBB and the Ca. State Consumer Protection department.

And so, the dance continues......

Will post further updates next week.
07-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #100

I got similar email. They even gave me one year Club O membership and $20 credit. Anyway, I am tired of dealing with them and will simply return the camera. Funny thing was they sent me the UPS return label a day before telling me they won't ship the lens.

BTW, I saw Amazon shows the new K-5 II body for $803 and K-5 IIs body for $939 today, and dealer said they come with US warranty. I'm debating to get a II or IIs. Right now using K-01 and like it a lot.
07-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #101

Woah

I got my lens
07-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cuzzzzzz Quote
I got my lens
Woah! Good for you!
07-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #103
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I got my lens
From overstock without any extra charge? You must know someone! :-)
Congratulations! I argued with them several time and got no luck.
K5II is a good camera though. but have to send it back.

Matt: I see that the lens were not included in this order.
Visitor: I still have the PDF print of the webpage showing the lens in part of the order
Matt: According to the description, lens were not supposed to be included in this order.
Visitor: Can you show me the detail where it says so?
Matt: However, if you wish I'll help you with the refund.

Last edited by grahame; 07-28-2013 at 03:51 PM.
07-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #104

I got my lens
Good for you! Can you confirm what you got from Overstock is the correct lens:

smc PENTAX-DA18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR

If so, could you give us your order number, or something we can use as leverage to get them to live up to this deal for all of us?

Thanks and enjoy your new camera & lens!
07-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #105
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulartions Cuzzzzzzzz!
I´ve been following this thread to see how it goes.. Hope everyone gets their deal!