Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
CASE LOGIC SLRB-101 - Fry's for $49
Posted By: Docrwm, 07-26-2013, 10:03 AM

Normally $139 with insert, it's $49 and $8 shipping for me. ($90 at Amazon)
FRYS.com
Views: 1,454
07-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Don't see any comments here on this but I will throw in that this is an amazing bag - very well made and ABSOLUTELY worth $50. Some people don't like the sling suspension system for the DSLR, but I think it's awesome and properly holds my K-5-IIs even with the grip on it, safe and secure. ...of course, the little holster pictured here is useless. The EVA base is not only durable, but the bag ALWAYS stands up on it's own. On occasion I like to consolidate my gear and the laptop compartment in the back is well padded and handles my 15" Macbook Pro perfectly... strap my compact tripod to the side, and I have everything I need for a casual day shooting. i have also used the laptop compartment to hold a collapsed reflector or two. Very versatile bag. Oh, and the dividers inside are all velcro contoured pads that can be configured to whatever you need.

Been using this bag for a year now and would rate it a 9/10 with the only knock being because the front flap when open, is built in such a way (EVA Base) that it doesn't lay completely open unless you have something with a little weight to it in the front compartment to leverage it. (When the pack is on it's back) I've had spare batteries in there from day 1 so it's never been a big issue.

Better bags out there? Maybe, but only based on size needs or configuration preferences... Certainly not because of build quality or efficient design. I think I went through maybe 20 bags with a major complaint about every one of them over the years... until I found this one... in fact, at that price I may pick one up as a backup even though mine shows little to NO signs of wear yet.

There is a video I believe if it's still up, on the Amazon listing for this bag... gives a nice little preview of how it's laid out if you are interested. It's the same bag as the SLRC-206 except the 206 doesnt come with the holster.

Last edited by Tricktech; 07-27-2013 at 12:34 PM.