Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Amazing prices at Sacamera
Posted By: Neville, 08-05-2013, 10:11 AM

As a South African, camera prices have rocketed through the roof, due to the weak rand.

The local bricks and mortar distributor for Pentax, Foto First, quoted me over R18,000 for a Pentax K5II plus 18-135mm WR lens.

I then logged into the Adorama website and the price came to about R14,000 (before customs duty and VAT), and I was poised to place my order.

Now I have been given an amazing quote by a South African online camera shop, Sacamera - R10,390! I have done some research on Sacamera to check their credentials, and they seem to be legit. All I can think is that they have still got stock that they bought before the recent weakening of the rand, and they haven't increased their prices.

Guess who is going to get my order?
Views: 794

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, pentax, pentax deals, prices, rand, sacamera