Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
200mm f4 Macro on Ebay
Posted By: dmort, 08-05-2013, 08:13 PM

I don't think this has been posted yet, but the 200mm f4 macro has popped up on ebay.

3814967 Pentax FA 200mm F4 Ed If Macro Lens Bin | eBay

A quick check on my credit card balance showed me that if I bought this I wouldn't be buying groceries, so I pass. I hope someone else picks it up!!

Attached Images

Views: 2,073
08-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm, that's an extremely good price. I bet you it will be gone within 15 minutes

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Start the clock!
08-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Jump on it!

Save me from buying a second one!

08-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Wasn't this one an auction originally or do they have 2?
08-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
Banned

I am a recovering addict (LBA). Like they said at the meeting you're never really cured and the addiction is never far away. I keep telling myself the pristine A*200 Macro in the collection is flawless. Then the next minute I'm thinking sell the A* and get the FA*, yea like that's going to happen. That A* is going to be buried with me. So if I did buy the FA* I would be redundant in the 200mm Macro category. That's an expensive category to be redundant in. How much better is the FA* than the A*? Auto focus is not a benefit to me in the type of lens. I am asking from an optical/IQ standpoint. I have dealt with this seller before & all worked out well in that transaction. There are a couple of motorcycles that sit in the garage collecting dust. I could sell just one, an SMC625 and have more than enough to cover this lens. I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger, just a bit more "Rationalizing this to myself". I'm pretty good at that. Will I get my one month badge or will I buy this lens?
08-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
Wasn't this one an auction originally or do they have 2?
Same one. Looks like it was just relisted as a "Buy it Now" auction.
08-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by docucap Quote
I am a recovering addict (LBA). Like they said at the meeting you're never really cured and the addiction is never far away. I keep telling myself the pristine A*200 Macro in the collection is flawless. Then the next minute I'm thinking sell the A* and get the FA*, yea like that's going to happen. That A* is going to be buried with me. So if I did buy the FA* I would be redundant in the 200mm Macro category. That's an expensive category to be redundant in. How much better is the FA* than the A*? Auto focus is not a benefit to me in the type of lens. I am asking from an optical/IQ standpoint. I have dealt with this seller before & all worked out well in that transaction. There are a couple of motorcycles that sit in the garage collecting dust. I could sell just one, an SMC625 and have more than enough to cover this lens. I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger, just a bit more "Rationalizing this to myself". I'm pretty good at that. Will I get my one month badge or will I buy this lens?
I have both lenses and I seemed to always get more aberrations from the A*.

In all honesty, though, if you want to save some money, get a different DSLR and pick up either the Sigma 150mm or 180mm macros. They're just as good as the old Pentax lenses IMO, if not better.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Now sold. I think someone got a bargain; unless they were to tool up with a different brand, as you mentioned, Adam.
08-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Someone on the forums bought it.... Maybe they will chime in here