Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax 35mm for $150 and 50mm for $120. Other lenses too.
Posted By: lenshoarder, 08-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Pentax is having a sale on lenses. There are a few on sale but these two seem pretty good. The 35mm is $150 and the 50mm is half off at $120.

PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL
PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8 smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8

Views: 36,859
08-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #181
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If they cancel my friend's order, which was placed on the 13th, then I will send an email to them explaining that I am highly disappointed in them and will be negatively criticizing their practices and policies on all online discussion outlets - and that they are being unfair to their established customer base who have spent money on Pentax cameras and lenses and are being restricted from buying lenses at a sale price.

I understand that the intended deal is to make new camera purchases palatable to non-Pentaxians, but if they make a mistake they should honor that mistake, especially considering the discounted prices are reasonable and not a steal.

08-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #182
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I bought a camera < 6 months ago and have bought pentax lenses and accessories. I'm in around $1200 and have been contemplating getting a K-5iis or jumping ship for a nikon FF....Canon sure have nice rebates right now I bought a pro-100 printer and 60D 18-135 kit for $700. I planned on selling the 60D, now maybe I'll test drive it first...
08-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #183
Veteran Member

Had they honored their mistake, it would have spread a lot of goodwill.
I'm sure the opposite will happen now.

still waiting on my cancellation notice.
08-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #184
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by azerak Quote
I got an email from Jenn that my order is cancelled. I guess many of us got the same kind of email. How many got emails saying Pentax will honor the deal?
it seems that mine will be kept:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent email. This item is out of stock and will not ship for 2-3 weeks.

Thank You
Jennifer
Pentax Webstore
On 8/14/2013 4:59 PM, Zhibin Hong wrote:
> Pentax
>
> Zhibin Hong has submitted the following request:
>
> Email: hongzhibin1987@gmail.com
>
> Comment: Hi I wonder know what does ALL BACKORDERED mean here. Please let me know. Best,
>
> Order Number: # K0990672xxxx

08-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #185
Veteran Member

Guess Jennifer the Pentax must received tons emails these days XDXDXD
Anyway IDC. If I understand this email correctly, they WILL SHIP THIS LENS OUT after 2 - 3 weeks-----okey I can wait.
But as you guys can see my original email doesn't asked "whether this order will be honored".
08-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #186
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hongzhibin1987 Quote
Guess Jennifer the Pentax must received tons emails these days XDXDXD Anyway IDC. If I understand this email correctly, they WILL SHIP THIS LENS OUT after 2 - 3 weeks-----okey I can wait. But as you guys can see my original email doesn't asked "whether this order will be honored".
And even if it ships out after 2-3 weeks, the question is, at what price will you be charged?

I just tried the link to the product page and got the "this page is unavailable" message. So they finally removed it from the webstore.

"Sorry, this item is not available for purchase through PentaxWebstore.com - See more at: PentaxWebstore.com:"
08-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #187
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So far I have received nothing in an email. Pentax send an email statement with a $249 price seconds after my order. I also have my confirmed Paypal statement for $129 (with shipping). I won't pay the $249. The DA 50/1.8 was still listed on the site as "on sale" for the $119 price but the DA 35/2.4 isn't.

08-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
And even if it ships out after 2-3 weeks, the question is, at what price will you be charged?

I just tried the link to the product page and got the "this page is unavailable" message. So they finally removed it from the webstore.

"Sorry, this item is not available for purchase through PentaxWebstore.com - See more at: PentaxWebstore.com:"
IDK.
there is $119 charge pending on my credit card. However for me, from every proof (credit card history, emailed PDF)---it will be $119.
Hummm...
08-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #189
Forum Member

Just received this:

"Dear customer,

As per your request, we have canceled your order.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Thank you,

Jenn
Customer Service
On Line Store for Pentax"

I never cancelled my order I guess they did it for me.
08-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #190
Veteran Member

This is what I got from "Jennifer"

"Dear Customer,
Thank you for your recent email. The Lens Rebate only applies if you purchase a camera as well. Do you wish to cancel this order?
Thank You
Jennifer"

ME:
"Helllo Jennifer,
Thank you for your response. When the order was placed for the DA50 1.8 lens there was no indication of a rebate or camera purchase required. I would rather if Pentax can honor the $119.95 price. I believe there were people who have gotten emails about the web-error and that they were notified Pentax will honor the $119.95 sale price without purchasing a camera.
Will you be able to honor the $119.95 price without camera purchase, as Pentax did for other people? I will very much appreciate it.
"

"Jen":
"Dear Customer,
Thank you for your recent email. If the order was placed on 8/13 before the error was recognized then yes the price is being honored. Anytime after that the order will be cancelled. The lens have been taken down off the site. Do you wish to cancel or keep active at full price?
Thank You
Jennifer"

Now, I thought I saw somewhere on the thread a forum member got a "price honored" email even though they ordered on the 14th?

PS - I don't blame Jennifer in any way, as I understand she just works there and got the unfortunate task of sending the cancellation email out.
08-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #191
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It isn't when you realize the mistake that counts. It is when you take the page or offer down that counts.

I got the same email and refused to cancel. I expect the lens for the invoiced amount.
08-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #192

I ordered and payed via paypal, just went to pentax web store and it says cancelled. I never cancelled or received email saying it was cancelled. I bought pentax because I enjoyed the community of reading forums like this. If this is normal business practice for Pentax, I may sell what I have and go with another brand.
08-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #193
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
This is what I got from "Jennifer"

"Dear Customer,
Thank you for your recent email. The Lens Rebate only applies if you purchase a camera as well. Do you wish to cancel this order?
Thank You
Jennifer"

ME:
"Helllo Jennifer,
Thank you for your response. When the order was placed for the DA50 1.8 lens there was no indication of a rebate or camera purchase required. I would rather if Pentax can honor the $119.95 price. I believe there were people who have gotten emails about the web-error and that they were notified Pentax will honor the $119.95 sale price without purchasing a camera.
Will you be able to honor the $119.95 price without camera purchase, as Pentax did for other people? I will very much appreciate it.
"

"Jen":
"Dear Customer,
Thank you for your recent email. If the order was placed on 8/13 before the error was recognized then yes the price is being honored. Anytime after that the order will be cancelled. The lens have been taken down off the site. Do you wish to cancel or keep active at full price?
Thank You
Jennifer"

Now, I thought I saw somewhere on the thread a forum member got a "price honored" email even though they ordered on the 14th?

PS - I don't blame Jennifer in any way, as I understand she just works there and got the unfortunate task of sending the cancellation email out.
WOw dude, I think I placed the order @ 14th, 00:04 ish.....
08-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #194

This is beyond ridiculous. I just got off the phone from Pentax and the supervisor mentioned that they are cancelling all the orders and that on one's getting the lens for $119.95 sale price. No apology, nothing. The representative was just plain rude. My first very bad customer service experience from Pentax.
08-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #195
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iamarunr Quote
This is beyond ridiculous. I just got off the phone from Pentax and the supervisor mentioned that they are cancelling all the orders and that on one's getting the lens for $119.95 sale price. No apology, nothing. The representative was just plain rude. My first very bad customer service experience from Pentax.
Did you get the name of the rep/supervisor?
Closed Thread