Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax 35mm for $150 and 50mm for $120. Other lenses too.
Posted By: lenshoarder, 08-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Pentax is having a sale on lenses. There are a few on sale but these two seem pretty good. The 35mm is $150 and the 50mm is half off at $120.

PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL
PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8 smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8

Views: 29,841
08-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They just cancelled mine because I refused to do so. I got this in an email reply,

QuoteQuote:
Thank you for your recent email. Your card was not physically charged. We do not charge unless an order ships. There is a hold put on the card which will come off since the order has been cancelled. We are an independent retailer. Your login and subscription would have to be cancelled with Pentax directly at www.pentax.com.

Thank you
Jennifer
Pentax Webstore
Since I don't want any more worthless offers that won't be filled I do intend to cancel my account and subscription in a day or two.

08-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #212

I've sent a contact to the president of Sure Source and to the only Ricoh USA person I could find an email address for.

Since they're apparently located in Malvern, PA, maybe I'll go pay them a visit and see if I can get them to fire these Sure Source people.

It's an incredibly incompetent system if it takes them more than 2 days to fix a pricing error.

Also, I'm not sure how they pass PCI compliance with a system that bills customers a different amount than they were invoiced for.
08-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #213
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just got this email from Jennifer.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent email. The lens rebate only applies if you also purchase a camera. Since you did not the price of the lens will revert back to full price. Do you wish to cancel this order?

Thank You
Jennifer
Pentax Webstore

08-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #214
Veteran Member

I think we all have a right to be angry but let's focus that anger where it belongs. The Pentax web store does not appear to be linked from the Pentax site. It also appears to be an entirely separate entity.

Here is the domain whois for those who may be interested,

QuoteQuote:
Registrar Name....: CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
Registrar Whois...: whois.corporatedomains.com
Registrar Homepage: www.cscprotectsbrands.com

Domain Name: pentaxwebstore.com

Created on..............: Wed, Aug 22, 2007
Expires on..............: Thu, Aug 22, 2013
Record last updated on..: Wed, Jul 24, 2013

Administrative,Technical Contact:
SureSource
Registration Domain
20 Constitution Blvd, South
Shelton, CT 06484
US
Phone: +1.2033855700
Email: email@suresource.com

08-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #215
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
The Pentax web store does not appear to be linked from the Pentax site.
Yes, it is. If you go to: Find a RICOH Imaging Retailer and click on "Buy Online Now at the Pentax Store," it will direct you to the pentaxwebstore.com website.

But that doesn't mean that the pentaxwebstore is owned/operated by Ricoh, as you pointed out in the WHOIS entry. As we have discussed already, SureSource is the vendor that manages/operates the webstore under a contract with Ricoh.
08-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #216
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Yes, it is. If you go to: Find a RICOH Imaging Retailer and click on "Buy Online Now at the Pentax Store," it will direct you to the pentaxwebstore.com website.

But that doesn't mean that the pentaxwebstore is owned/operated by Ricoh, as you pointed out in the WHOIS entry. As we have discussed already, SureSource is the vendor that manages/operates the webstore under a contract with Ricoh.

Nice catch and post. If I really cared I would search some coporate records to find out who is sleeping with whom.

I don't and I'm not. Some of the stuff has to stick on Ricoh for this one. But, given the history of Pentax marketing in the US what else could you expect.
08-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #217
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Looks like they are cleaning house on the sale lenses. They just ended the sale price on the DA 50-200 WR and DA 55-300. The DA 10-17 sale was ended earlier.
08-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #218

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Did you get the name of the rep/supervisor?
Susan was the supervisor's name.

08-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #219
Pentaxian

It still boggles my mind that they would emblazon a big red "Item on SALE" notice on the DA* 16-50 by lowering the price by $75 to the bargain deal of only $1425. And the DA* 50-135 is also $75 discounted for a grand total of just $1525. Better move fast if you want to cash in on these low low prices!!
08-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #220
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The company I work for, and which will remain anonymous, once advertised an item for $22, which was far far below what it cost us. The advertised price should have been about $72. We had about 20 something orders as I recall. I was told to canceled them all. People complained. I said sorry, it's a mistake. It was - the database got messed up and used the part number as the price.

Rather than have ill-informed people say the next thing - "bait and switch", we offered them nothing except an apology. No switch. Sorry, no order.

For repeat callers I relented and sold them the item at something like $55 or so - still an excellent deal for them, but not below cost.

Company's do not have to take a loss. That is why nearly every website has a disclaimer.

I've seen only 1 BBB letter in 13 years. It was from someone who bought a clearly-marked item "as-is" for $100, almost a year earlier. The brand new item was $350 with a 90-day warranty.
08-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #221

QuoteOriginally posted by Cb10 Quote
The supervisor I spoke to today who was extremely rude to me was named Ann. Seems like they don't want business or they don't care, but taking their mistake out on the customer is rude and uncalled for.
I went through the same experience. When I told the rep clearly that I do not give him the consent to cancel my order, he went ahead and placed me on hold for a minute and got back to me saying that he went ahead and cancelled the order because his supervisor told him to do so. He also told me that he can place the order one more time for me for $249.00.

I understand that sale price was a mistake but clearly Ricoh/Pentax is not dealing with it in a professional manner. There was no apology of any kind for the price mishap throughout my interaction with the rep or his supervisor. Taking it out on the customer is just plain unprofessional.
08-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #222
Forum Member

This has caused a chain of unfortunate events for me.
I saw this sale and bought both lenses.
I choose 2 lenses to sell and boxed them up to ship.
I was at work and couldn't ship them yesterday.
Come home to find out I may not get the lenses I bought from Pentax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if the people who bought my two lenses will be mad at me if I don't ship them?
08-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #223

It seems like most of the troubles are with the people that bought the 50mm lens is that true?? I bought the 35 on the 13th and my CC still says pending and I have n0no kind of emails saying anything?? Any other 35mm buyers hearing anything??
08-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #224

I'm happy with my K-01 and legacy manual lenses. I was also thinking of a K-30 for when I decide to modernize my kit. But the high price of new Pentax lenses and this experience with their support might very likely change my mind.
I hear a kit of D5100 body, 35mm 1.8G, and Sigma 8-16mm calling
08-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #225

OK I just called and talked to a Terrence and he told me that 35mm were on backorder and that they have been on BO for 3 weeks so when I placed my order the web site stated that they were on BO. I said no it didnt say that and he got a little huffy with me and said I am not going to argue this with you. But he did tell me they had 23 orders on BO and they were due 20 lens in next wednesday. I should call back next thursday and check on the status of my order. I would get a confirmation email and then my card would be charged when it was shipped. He warmed up a little before the call was over and he didnt tell me I wasnt going to get it, but it makes me wonder if I should cancel this order and pay $30.00 and buy it from B&H. We leave for vacation in less then a month......
Closed Thread