Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax 35mm for $150 and 50mm for $120. Other lenses too.
Posted By: lenshoarder, 08-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Pentax is having a sale on lenses. There are a few on sale but these two seem pretty good. The 35mm is $150 and the 50mm is half off at $120.

PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL
PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8 smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8

Views: 36,862
08-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #301
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Sit tight until Monday, as I'm confident that Ricoh will come up with a good solution to this mixup.
I hope they could resolve this issue. it's not really good for them, since the moment they changed the name, and this happens.

ps. did order 2x 50mm lens, and got the email from jennifer saying my order's been cancelled.

08-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine is still listed as backordered. I'm pretty upset about this myself.
08-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #303
Forum Member

It seems those of you on backorder are in good shape. What will happen to the orders that were flat out canceled?

Last edited by jb0501; 08-18-2013 at 09:37 PM. Reason: extra word
08-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #304
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
US Pentax / Ricoh / Imaging seems to be trying as hard as possible to appear absent-minded.

However, to drop a positive vibe into the well of grief expressed in this thread, Pentax Australia recently advertised FA31 Ltd lens for some $700+ dollars, when it should have be priced at around $1000+. They have corrected the price eventually, but they have valued all previous orders fully.

Whenever you come to Australia, you may consider buying some Pentax gear from here and taking it back with you — your Pentax experience will be significantly improved.

Last edited by Uluru; 08-18-2013 at 07:55 PM.
08-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #305
Inactive Account

I will make an announcement when I have some money as it will mark the end of ALL killer specials and you can then be confident in putting your money into savings! ;p

(I did manage to get my ex to buy me the best price offered on the K01 so it isn't all sob sob)
08-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #306
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Welcome to Pentax, Mr. McIntosh. How ironic that on your first day a web commerce error causes a S***storm.
I'm almost 100% certain that is not any individual's deliberate hiccup, but a deep systemic problem.
There is no need to call out anyone's name because no one would intentionally make such a mistake.

What this testifies is that US Pentax / Ricoh Imaging has:
– large system issues inherited from past,
– their people are not granted rights to make smart autonomous decisions and find quick solutions, but
– are left powerless, unable to solve problem immediately and therefore must wait for higher instances to switch on,
– that they communicate inefficiently, involving procedures that are not bullet proof and
– which are not well understood by the (new) staff and never carried out in full extent for a longer period of time to see how they work.

Again, a systemic problem. Same one that makes only one GR camera available for the entire continent, but many given for free elsewhere.

Last edited by Uluru; 08-19-2013 at 05:07 AM.
08-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #307

My order status on Pentax Webstore website said its Reg Order Ready Proces. Today I found out that the pending charge on my credit card has disappeared. I guess Pentax Webstore made a final decision.

08-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #308

QuoteOriginally posted by MemoMimo Quote
My order status on Pentax Webstore website said its Reg Order Ready Proces. Today I found out that the pending charge on my credit card has disappeared. I guess Pentax Webstore made a final decision.
My order has said that since Friday and my pending charge went away also. It has not charged it just the pending charged went away. So we wait.......
08-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #309
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lokin4deer Quote
OK last night when I cut and pasted my order number into their customer care page it told me my order was on back order and when I called I had a Terrance tell me it was back ordered. Tonight I cut and paste my order number and my order staus says: Order Status: Reg Ord ready proces So I am not sure what changed if anything yet stay tuned! Also this is for a 35mm
I ordered the DA 35/2.4 on the 13th. For the past few days the status has shown Order Status: Reg Ord ready process. As of today it's listed as Backordered.
08-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #310
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lokin4deer Quote
My order has said that since Friday and my pending charge went away also. It has not charged it just the pending charged went away. So we wait.......
They still have my paypal money - cash. Jennifer canceled my order Thursday morning. I understand refunds aren't instantaneous but when I returned an item at B&H I was refunded within 48 hours of the store receiving the package.
08-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #311
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
They still have my paypal money - cash. Jennifer canceled my order Thursday morning. I understand refunds aren't instantaneous but when I returned an item at B&H I was refunded within 48 hours of the store receiving the package.
I also paid via PayPal cash, but my status is back ordered for the 50mm, ordered on the 14th.

I've only returned a few things to Amazon, but received refunds before the items even got back to them.
08-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #312
Veteran Member

I had also ordered on 13th itself and my order status says "Hold for Quote" since then.
08-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #313
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just noticed the lens is completely gone from the website.
08-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #314
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Just wanted to post an update; I was contacted by Pentax again today and they're currently discussing the matter with management. A decision will be made today or tomorrow at the latest.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #315

Photos: Albums
The 50mm 1.8 lens disappeared several days ago.

As for the pending charge disappearing from your bank account, odd as it sounds, I've come across this instance several times, with paying Southwest Airlines in particular. Just as you mentioned, the charge would be listed as "pending" on my bank account, then it would disappear for a day or two, then it would be back but "charged" just as soon as it was listed again.

Given Adam's cryptic message on Friday, I'm not abandoning all hope, but the charge is still listed as "pending" on my bank website and the order tracking function of the pentaxwebstore lists my order as "backordered." I would have thought they would have cleared things up/clarified things at 8:00 am EST this morning, but I'll give it until tomorrow afternoon. Then I'm calling again and cancelling my order if need be. Dang it!
Closed Thread