Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax 35mm for $150 and 50mm for $120. Other lenses too.
Posted By: lenshoarder, 08-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Pentax is having a sale on lenses. There are a few on sale but these two seem pretty good. The 35mm is $150 and the 50mm is half off at $120.

PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL
PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8 smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8

Views: 36,866
08-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #256
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow, 17 pages now.
Starting with elation over a good deal, turning to despair, amazement, and now, for many, anger.

I finally broke down yesterday, after hours, and sent them an email asking when the lens might ship.
My money is stiil not available to me at PayPal.
I'm ready to cancel, if they don't, move on and away from ever buying anything new with the Ricoh or Pentax name on it.

08-16-2013, 05:40 AM   #257
mlb
Forum Member

If you enjoy anger, go ahead I guess, but this lens pricing mistake doesn't seem to me like it's worth getting upset over. Really, you're going to sell your Pentax gear now and buy a Canon?
08-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #258
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mlb Quote
If you enjoy anger, go ahead I guess, but this lens pricing mistake doesn't seem to me like it's worth getting upset over. Really, you're going to sell your Pentax gear now and buy a Canon?
Don't know if that was directed at me or not.
Didn't say I was angry, selling my Pentax gear, or buying a Canon.
I'm way too old to get mad at something like this, unhappy yes, angry no.
08-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #259
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As in so many things, the mistake isn't really in the error. The mistake is in what they (whomever they is) did after the error.

08-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #260
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
As in so many things, the mistake isn't really in the error. The mistake is in what they (whomever they is) did after the error.
Bingo.
08-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #261
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yesterday they asked me if I wanted to cancel the order for the DA 50, I said no. Today they cancelled it anyway and gave me a code for free shipping...which I already had on my existing order. This SureSource outfit needs to get their act together. Totally botched what could have been a simple fix. I get better service on most of my eb@y transactions!
08-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #262

Just received an email from the Pentax Webstore officially cancelling my order. If they had done this in a timely manner I don't think they would have caused such an uproar. It's possible that Pentax and Sure Source LLC with whom Pentax contracts with for the webstore were having discussions on how to handle the situation. It's possible that Pentax might have wanted Sure Source LLC to eat the mistake since it was their error.

Dear valued customer,

Due to an unfortunate and regrettable pricing issue, we are unable to ship your item and have had to cancel the order.

We sincerely apologize for this cancellation and regret any inconvenience it may have caused. To make up for disappointing you, we would like to extend a special offer of free shipping on your next purchase from our online store. Simply enter discount code PTXFGS13 at checkout for this special discount.

We appreciate your patronage of the Pentax webstore. Should you need to contact our customer-care department with any concerns, you may email us at customerservice@pentaxwebstore.com for prompt, courteous attention to your needs. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
The Pentax Webstore

08-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #263

Photos: Albums
Just got the same email. Called. Spoke to a rep who was nice and apologetic. I didn't escalate it up the chain of command; I should have maybe, but I don't think it would have made a difference. Dang it. I got the same free shipping code but told the rep I wouldn't order from them again seeing as how they couldn't fill this order. At least I hadn't sold and shipped my A 50.

"Dear valued customer,

Due to an unfortunate and regrettable pricing issue, we are unable to ship your item and have had to cancel the order.

We sincerely apologize for this cancellation and regret any inconvenience it may have caused. To make up for disappointing you, we would like to extend a special offer of free shipping on your next purchase from our online store. Simply enter discount code PTXFGS13 at checkout for this special discount.

We appreciate your patronage of the Pentax webstore. Should you need to contact our customer-care department with any concerns, you may email us at customerservice@pentaxwebstore.com for prompt, courteous attention to your needs. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
The Pentax Webstore"

I can't be too mad about it for a couple reasons: 1) it won't change or solve anything. 2) I got a few extra dollars to play with now. 3) I got a Rokinon 85 1.4 on the UPS truck now and should be delivered this evening, so my weekend should be fun.
08-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #264
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This was my first experience with Pentax CS. IMO the fact that it is actually a vendor- Suresource or whatever is irrelevant as far as I can tell the are DBA pentax. I'm sure those folks get a script from pentax and some bullet points and take it from there, they don't actually call the shots they do as their customer(pentax) asks.

I'm disappointed right now but the fact I could get a comperable canikon for the sale price they won't honor does not sit well with me. I also bought pentax with the promise of cheaper legacy glass, and cheaper new glass because IS and AF is in the body. Why do I not see that?

D5200 refurb on ebay with 18-55 IS for $600!
08-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #265
Veteran Member

Just received from my request for a shipping date.

"Dear Customer,
Thank you for your recent email. This item is out of stock and will not ship for 2-3 weeks.
Thank you
Jennifer
Pentax Webstore"

Does the fact that I paid the $119.95 via cash fund from PayPal make a difference?
Are they not sure how to refund it to PayPal?
Will they actually ship one to me, or will my money just be tied up for 2, 3 weeks or more?
Or has Jennifer flipped out from all the stress?
08-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #266
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Does the fact that I paid the $119.95 via cash fund from PayPal make a difference? Are they not sure how to refund it to PayPal? Will they actually ship one to me, or will my money be tied up for 2, 3 weeks or more? Or has Jennifer flipped out from all the stress?
AFAIC to refund a PayPal Sale you click the Refund brick in the Transaction Details dialog. How hard is that?
08-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #267

QuoteOriginally posted by mlb Quote
Really, you're going to sell your Pentax gear now and buy a Canon?
Nope. Don't need to sell my Pentax gear. But when it comes time to get new toys, this incident has raised the chance I'm not sticking with Pentax by a significant factor.
08-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #268

My order status has changed to "Automatic CC Auth"

Is this a good sign? A bad sign?
08-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #269

I just received an email stating that my item will ship pending authorization of my credit card (I used Paypal). The order confirmation still shows $119.95.
08-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #270
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Brazeal Quote
I just received an email stating that my item will ship pending authorization of my credit card (I used Paypal). The order confirmation still shows $119.95.
Best of luck...I ordered the same way and had my order cancelled and was sent an email saying my PayPal would not be charged, etc etc.
Closed Thread