Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax 35mm for $150 and 50mm for $120. Other lenses too.
Posted By: lenshoarder, 08-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Pentax is having a sale on lenses. There are a few on sale but these two seem pretty good. The 35mm is $150 and the 50mm is half off at $120.

PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL
PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8 smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8

Views: 36,894
08-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #286

Photos: Gallery
I was contacted by the webstore to verify my billing address since I just moved and apparently forgot to update it. I bought both of them and confirmed the amount to be charged and it matched up with my invoice. The person I spoke with said it would ship within two business days once they charge my credit card.

For those wondering, I placed my order on the 13th....my fingers are crossed.

08-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #287
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PlumRT Quote
FYI found the promo page with several company rebate deals listed. So, the "excuse" given about the price was "with" the purchase of a DSLR was valid. What makes the reasoning/excuse invalid is - that was last month!
PROMO
LOL for all the excuses and reasons given for that price to be in their order system at all. They should have had it straight last month. Talk about a day late and a dollar short..........

When I called to complain about the cancellation of my order I got Pamela first who gave me the DSLR/Lens purchase speech. I moved past her to get to Manager Jason who refused to do a thing. All he did was insist it was a mistake and they would not honor the sale. I even asked Jason why should anybody buy Pentax anything? He said he didn't know. I asked for an owner to contact me which he said he would do. I sure hope they do.

35 years shooting Pentax. What now?
08-16-2013, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #288
Forum Member

Yep. It's about Pentax doing the best thing to keep customers expectations of them real. Fess up and sell the lens Pentax, after all it is the sale price YOU advertised! Quit cancelling orders for lenses you don't have and make some more!
08-16-2013, 01:35 PM - 1 Like   #289
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was just contacted by Pentax USA (aka RICOH imaging) and they said that they are aware of this issue. On Monday, steps will be taken to remedy the situation, so stay tuned for a post from me then. They assured me that they'll do everything they can to make their customers happy and ensure that pricing mistakes such as this one never happen again. Hopefully, everyone's order will be processed soon!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #290
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I was just contacted by Pentax USA (aka RICOH imaging) and they said that they are aware of this issue. On Monday, steps will be taken to remedy the situation, so stay tuned for a post from me then. They assured me that they'll do everything they can to make their customers happy and ensure that pricing mistakes such as this one never happen again. Hopefully, everyone's order will be processed soon!
Thank you Adam.
08-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #291

Photos: Albums
I just got an email back from after waiting to hear about what happened to my order...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent email. These items are out of stock and will not ship for 2-3 weeks.

Thank you
Jennifer
Pentax Webstore

So does that mean I will receive my order or is it canceled? My credit card wasn't charged and my paypal still says pending .... hmmmm
08-16-2013, 02:33 PM - 1 Like   #292
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by aniro Quote
I just got an email back from after waiting to hear about what happened to my order...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent email. These items are out of stock and will not ship for 2-3 weeks.

Thank you
Jennifer
Pentax Webstore

So does that mean I will receive my order or is it canceled? My credit card wasn't charged and my paypal still says pending .... hmmmm
Sit tight until Monday, as I'm confident that Ricoh will come up with a good solution to this mixup.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #293

Received an email reply from Pentax today:

"We have not shipped your order, because we were unable to obtain
address verification on the billing information provided.

We ask that you contact your bank or credit card company to update
your information on their records and call our Customer Service
Department at our toll free number, 1-800-345-9935, to verify your
billing information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused you.
This is a service we provide for your protection."

So I called SureSource CS and spoke with a representative and he verified my billing address and asked for the Banks CS line so that the Address Verification Dept can call and verify the address. He said that the dept. is closed for the day and they will call on Monday. He went on to say that if I don't receive an email Monday that everything is " A Okay". Called my bank before I called SureSource and they said the billing address is correct and up to date.

So maybe they're are taking until monday to figure things out within Pentax. It's still a wait and see game at this point.

EDIT: When I talked with the bank they said they could see that it was showing Pending until Monday but nothing was wrong on the banks end.

Last edited by Tee21; 08-16-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: More info
08-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #294
Veteran Member

That is nice to hear. I hope they come up with something other than the free shipping for a future order they e-mailed me about. I really hope they take the opportunity to win some favor here.

E-mailing those of us who spend money about this solution for Monday would have been a good idea, but this is better than no communication at all.
08-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #295
Veteran Member

I can't understand what your trying to say unless your a oppositionist. In which case I disagree
08-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #296

i just received a email cancelling my order...i wonder if they re-offer me the lens on Monday if Adam is right.
08-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #297

OK last night when I cut and pasted my order number into their customer care page it told me my order was on back order and when I called I had a Terrance tell me it was back ordered. Tonight I cut and paste my order number and my order staus says: Order Status: Reg Ord ready proces So I am not sure what changed if anything yet stay tuned! Also this is for a 35mm
08-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #298

QuoteOriginally posted by lokin4deer Quote
OK last night when I cut and pasted my order number into their customer care page it told me my order was on back order and when I called I had a Terrance tell me it was back ordered. Tonight I cut and paste my order number and my order staus says: Order Status: Reg Ord ready proces So I am not sure what changed if anything yet stay tuned! Also this is for a 35mm
Mine says the same thing. I hope that means that ours will ship soon I placed my order on the 13th and ordered both the 35mm and 50mm. My new K-30 should arrive from Hunts on the 20th, it'd be nice to have these lenses soon too.
08-17-2013, 04:24 AM   #299
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by prime.partisan Quote
That wasn't the impression/expectation I got when ordering from a place that looks and acts like the official Ricoh Pentax online store, logo and all.
They ARE the Official Pentax USA webstore. PLEASE remember that folks. They've ALWAYS been useless and pulled stuff like this before, just search the threads here at PF.

Write to the new head of Ricoh US - he wants the credit for listening and taking calls, so give him an ear full when its not all smiles. I did not order but this situation, and particularly how it was handled, is atrocious.
08-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #300

Hmmm....it's going to be a loooonnnngggg weekend, what with waiting for Adam's cryptic news on Monday.
Closed Thread