Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax 35mm for $150 and 50mm for $120. Other lenses too.
Posted By: lenshoarder, 08-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Pentax is having a sale on lenses. There are a few on sale but these two seem pretty good. The 35mm is $150 and the 50mm is half off at $120.

PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL
PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8 smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8

Views: 36,833
08-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #346
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
The status on my order for the DA 35/2.4 is now listed as In Warehouse and the charge on my credit card was placed today.
Looks like there is finally some movement on their end then. We'll see what happens with everyone else.

08-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #347
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Looks like there is finally some movement on their end then. We'll see what happens with everyone else.
after a freakin' week since this was first posted.
My 50mm still says back ordered, and my PayPal money is still tied up.
08-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #348
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
after a freakin' week since this was first posted.
My 50mm still says back ordered, and my PayPal money is still tied up.
Same here.
08-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #349
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hongzhibin1987 Quote
Same here.
Wasn't your order canceled?

08-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #350
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I received an email over the weekend that notified me my order has been cancelled due to an unfortunate error in pricing. I have a code to enter that will give me free shipping on my next order from the Pentax store. Since the only thing I have ever ordered from them in the past was a K mount- M42 adapter, it will never get used. Dear valued customer............Well, not any more. Since nearly everything I have purchased from B&H or Adorama or Amazon had free shipping or very cheap shipping, they have to do better than that to get me to order anything ever again.
08-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #351

Photos: Albums
It's after 1:00 pm on the east coast and still no word. I know they have a couple more hours, but I haven't received an email and the order tracking on pentaxwebstore still shows "All backordered." So I'm not holding my breath, and I'm utterly disappointed. Paging Adam....any word?
08-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #352
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
Wasn't your order canceled?
well even my order was cancelled from the email,
the charging is still on-going
and the status still says back-ordered.
However since I have too many stuff to do
I decide to move on
and btw
F**K Pentaxwebstore.

08-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #353

QuoteOriginally posted by tele_pathic Quote
It's after 1:00 pm on the east coast and still no word. I know they have a couple more hours, but I haven't received an email and the order tracking on pentaxwebstore still shows "All backordered." So I'm not holding my breath
I too am disappointed and the really sad thing is that since about 4 days ago, all I've been hoping for is some kind of definitive action either way on the part of the Webstore. With such a low standard, I thought for sure that there was no way they could disappoint. Instead, here I sit almost 2pm nearly a week after ordering (still no definitive action on their part), contemplating whether I ought to just end it myself so I can go about my business free of this disaster.
08-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #354

I ordered the 50mm Tuesday 13th at 3 pm Central time and paid via PayPal. The charge is still pending and have received no correspondence from "Webstore" besides email at time of purchase informing me: "Thank you for shopping at The Pentax Webstore. Pending the authorization of your credit card, we will ship your item(s) and your credit card will be charged at the time of shipment. You will receive an email confirmation of your shipped order." So theres that.
08-20-2013, 12:09 PM - 1 Like   #355
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have no doubt that there is a struggle right now between Ricoh Japan, and the USA interests, and USA retailers. I'm sure there are quite a few people being thrown under the bus in various locations.
If I was Ricoh Japan, I would be unsympathetic to whatever excuses the USA folks were telling me about "damaged" public relations, honoring prices or whatever - because I wouldn't care!

As far as Ricoh is concerned, some orders will be honored, some cancelled, whatever.
Why should Ricoh get involved in this train wreck? Apathy 101, Incompetence 101, Poor Service 101 and others.
Welcome to Ricoh Customer University!

As for the Ricoh leadership proper? Will they step in and offer an innovative solution to this mess?

Probably not.

Ricoh has ignored traditional Pentaxians, seeking to devalue and dilute Pentax.

They don't care about Pentax.

They have been heavy handed after the acquisition and have milked the Hoya pipeline.

The honeymoon is over folks.

There is a reason why Ricoh cameras are not as popular as Pentax.
There is a reason why Ricoh is known as a "copier" company.
Ricoh knows how to copy, not innovate.

"Copy" companies, resent companies like Pentax.

As far as Ricoh is concerned, we are the last hold-outs.
We are the enemy. We don't appreciate Ricoh "color" engineering or Pentax becoming just another label.

Light Beer, Diet Coke, Low Calorie brands.
08-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #356
Veteran Member

Personally I think the 'back ordered' statement is BS since I seriously doubt they were selling any at regular price, and haven't shipped any at the 'sale' price.
I think they're still are not sure what to do about this mess.
08-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #357
Veteran Member

This has become a bit too much. I just want to know what they are going to do with my money. And I want the lens I ordered.
08-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #358

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherm323 Quote
I ordered the 50mm Tuesday 13th at 3 pm Central time and paid via PayPal. The charge is still pending and have received no correspondence from "Webstore" besides email at time of purchase informing me: "Thank you for shopping at The Pentax Webstore. Pending the authorization of your credit card, we will ship your item(s) and your credit card will be charged at the time of shipment. You will receive an email confirmation of your shipped order." So theres that.
Same here. I'm not pleased that they have had my PayPal money for a week now, and I have nothing in return. I emailed them this morning to inquire about my order, but of course they have not responded yet.
08-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #359
Veteran Member

No one is going to lose their money. You are fully protected by your CC or PayPal. The worst thing you have to do is complain to get your money back. I'm sure they would love for you to cancel the order and get them off the hook.
08-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #360
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

At 8:00am in Tokyo it is 5:00pm in Denver. Just sayin'.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-20-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Closed Thread