Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax 35mm for $150 and 50mm for $120. Other lenses too.
Posted By: lenshoarder, 08-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Pentax is having a sale on lenses. There are a few on sale but these two seem pretty good. The 35mm is $150 and the 50mm is half off at $120.

PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL
PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8 smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8

Views: 36,865
08-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #361
Veteran Member

To:Pentax Webstore/Sure Source LLC,

You cancelled my order last week but still haven’t refunded my money back. So, ship the lens for how much I paid for it or give me my money back. At this point I could care less either way. I promise I will never hassle and buy from you again, nor will I ever browse your webstore in the future. I will even delete all my borwising history pertaining to your webstore - backordered my “crack”.

08-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #362
Forum Member

Just officially cancelled the sale of two lenses from a week ago that have been sitting packed up waiting a shipping notice from Pentax. Couldn't keep the sale on hold indefinitely. It seemed so simple really. Sell two lenses, done, buy lenses online from Pentax, done -

Should have received my lenses from them by now. Instead had to keep my old lenses, and deal with repercussions and inconvenience caused by this unreliable and inept company.

I would be happy if I still receive the 50 and 35mm I ordered. And, I forgive and forget easily, even though I am unrelentingly holding them accountable.
08-20-2013, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #363
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but here goes:

Let's all keep in mind that we may have a clash of cultures here. I'm sure there are those who will say that CanoNikony are not so unresponsive and more New World-ish, but that doesn't mean that all Japanese companies are that way.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not offering an olive branch to management. There's a whole of blame to spread around. On the whole, the various delays in doing anything appear incompetent, if not suspicious. But injecting profane language only makes the writer feel better; it seldom makes the intended recipient anything other than more defensive.

I'm just glad I didn't order one of these lenses. I keep coming back here every so often to catch up on the latest just to see how Ricoh/Pentax is going to handle this fiasco. It's like a soap opera. To those of you who are justifiably upset, looking at it that way might help a bit.
08-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #364

I suggest Ricoh cancel all these orders and make up for it by having a legitimate sale on glasses everybody really wants: DA limited primes. Especially the 21mm and 15mm. Just make it a very good sale!

08-20-2013, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #365
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
The status on my order for the DA 35/2.4 is now listed as In Warehouse and the charge on my credit card was placed today.
I now have a UPS tracking number for the DA 35 mm / 2.4 that I ordered last Tuesday.
08-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #366
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
I now have a UPS tracking number for the DA 35 mm / 2.4 that I ordered last Tuesday.
Good for you! Looks like they will honor (at least some of) the DA 35mm f/2.4 sales but the bigger question is the DA 50mm...
08-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #367
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DA 35 and 50 are both back up on the webstore, this time at $184.95. My 50 order of the 14th remains cancelled according to their order tracker.

08-20-2013, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #368

Well I called today for the 3rd time and I was told a different story each time. I was ordering the 35mm-2.4 Last friday I was told they expected a delivery of 20 lens of which they had a BO for 23 of them this wednesday I should call back on thursday and see what they had. I called yesterday when my order staus changed to "process" I was told they got in a shipment on friday and it would take 24 to 48 hours for the warehouse to process the data and get ready to ship them out. When I called today after my order staus went back to BO I was told everything was on BO and I should expect a 2-3 weeks wait. I explained the previous 2 phone calls and what I was told and she said I see in your call notes that each time I called I was told the same thing I should expect a 2-3 week wait. I said no no no and she said I am only repeating what was recorded in your notes. At that point I cancelled the order and told her what I thought of their operation.
I then called B&H and ordered the same lens for 32.00 more but in a matter of minutes I had a tracking number and expect delivery next monday or tuesday! I have learned my lesson. Good luck to the rest of you!!
08-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #369
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
As for the Ricoh leadership proper? Will they step in and offer an innovative solution to this mess?
Probably not.
Ricoh has ignored traditional Pentaxians, seeking to devalue and dilute Pentax.
They don't care about Pentax.....

Ricoh Japan does't need to fix everything. As said before in this thread, Pentax experience varies from country to country because local distributors are more or less competent. While Ricoh Imaging USA has outsourced even their vital resources like the web store, and therefore cannot fix the problem for days, other distributors keep their valuable assets close to their chest.

I have nothing but positive experience with Pentax Australia, who unlike Ricoh Imaging USA do own their own webstore. They also make a glitch or two, but that mainly goes undetected because they honour all purchases and deliver as promised. No excuses.

Thanks to their effort, I would presume, now I can see more and more Pentax cameras in all b&m stores, and in the streets too. Especially in the last 12 months. Judging from their vigour, Ricoh Japan does have a good plan in fact, and cares about customers and markets.

Or we should think local people are responsible, not Ricoh Japan? You see how it's confusing — when things go bad, the whole chain is rusty old iron. But when things go rather well, the entire chain is just a polished up steel.

Last edited by Uluru; 08-20-2013 at 02:39 PM.
08-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #370
Pentaxian

Yes, you're correct-- the listing for the DA 50 is now up again, and this time with the following price information:

Regular price: $249.95
Instant rebate: $65.00
Price after rebate: $184.95
Double the instant rebate amount when you purchase this lens with any K-Mount body! Call 1-800-345-9935 to order!
- See more at: PentaxWebstore.com:smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8 smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8

(So, "double the instant rebate" means that the final price would be $120, but you have to buy a body to go along with the order)
08-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #371

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Ricoh Japan does't need to fix everything. As said before in this thread, Pentax experience varies from country to country because local distributors are more or less competent. While Ricoh Imaging USA has outsourced even their vital resources like the web store, and therefore cannot fix the problem for days, other distributors keep their valuable assets close to their chest.

I have nothing but positive experience with Pentax Australia, who unlike Ricoh Imaging USA do own their own webstore. They also make a glitch or two, but that mainly goes undetected because they honour all purchases and deliver as promised. No excuses.

Thanks to their effort, I would presume, now I can see more and more Pentax cameras in all b&m stores, and in the streets too. Especially in the last 12 months. Judging from their vigour, Ricoh Japan does have a good plan in fact, and cares about customers and markets.

Or we should think local people are responsible, not Ricoh Japan? You see how it's confusing — when things go bad, the whole chain is rotten. But when things go rather well, the entire chain is just a polished up steel.
Uluru, you may be correct that this US experience does not reflect Pentax worldwide. It is good to know at least that Pentax owners are not being abandoned as policy. But nonetheless... Pentax USA represents Pentax. It's not the customer's responsibility to sort out who is responsible for what. Ultimately Pentax Global takes the hit.

But it is reassuring to know that it's just us facing this level of incompetence, and that Pentax actually does know what it's doing in other parts of the world.

Last edited by Takumar55; 08-20-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo
08-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #372
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lokin4deer Quote
Well I called today for the 3rd time and I was told a different story each time. I was ordering the 35mm-2.4 Last friday I was told they expected a delivery of 20 lens of which they had a BO for 23 of them this wednesday I should call back on thursday and see what they had. I called yesterday when my order staus changed to "process" I was told they got in a shipment on friday and it would take 24 to 48 hours for the warehouse to process the data and get ready to ship them out. When I called today after my order staus went back to BO I was told everything was on BO and I should expect a 2-3 weeks wait. I explained the previous 2 phone calls and what I was told and she said I see in your call notes that each time I called I was told the same thing I should expect a 2-3 week wait. I said no no no and she said I am only repeating what was recorded in your notes. At that point I cancelled the order and told her what I thought of their operation.
I then called B&H and ordered the same lens for 32.00 more but in a matter of minutes I had a tracking number and expect delivery next monday or tuesday! I have learned my lesson. Good luck to the rest of you!!

Your issues, more than a mistake in the listings, are precisely my gripe with Pentax's "Official" webstore - they seem to be unable to tell the truth. It really does seem that simple. I have had multiple conversations with them in the past as well where I was told by person #2 what person #1 said even though person #2 was NOT a party to the conversation and what they are telling me is completely inconsistent with what I heard person #1 tell me. When called on it I have essentially been told I am either stupid or misrepresenting what was said. Their level of customer service is among the worst I have encountered, which is among the reasons why I did not jump on the prices listed for either lens - I had already said to myself 'never again' in dealing with the webstore.
08-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #373

Photos: Albums
Well, it's past business hours at Pentaxwebstore.com (or I think it is), but I called anyways. A rep by the name of Thomas told me that the 50 1.8 was on backorder. I asked what that meant: he said it means on backorder and should ship in 2-3 weeks. He was a bit short, but frankly all I wanted was some definitive answer. So hellz if I know. The charge disappeared from my bank account, so I have no clue as to what's happening. Adam, you promised a big announcement?
08-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #374

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Your issues, more than a mistake in the listings, are precisely my gripe with Pentax's "Official" webstore - they seem to be unable to tell the truth. It really does seem that simple. I have had multiple conversations with them in the past as well where I was told by person #2 what person #1 said even though person #2 was NOT a party to the conversation and what they are telling me is completely inconsistent with what I heard person #1 tell me. When called on it I have essentially been told I am either stupid or misrepresenting what was said. Their level of customer service is among the worst I have encountered, which is among the reasons why I did not jump on the prices listed for either lens - I had already said to myself 'never again' in dealing with the webstore.
My one customer service experience was bizarre, but ended happily. I called with a question about my order and was told it was someone else's department. I was transferred to someone in their repair department, I think. The guy was bewildered at first, but when I explained my question he looked it up and found the answer for me. It was odd, but he was really nice and took the time to investigate. I guess that was a glimpse into the level of disorganization there. Maybe I subconsciously knew not to order one of these lenses...
08-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #375
Banned

This whole venture is a brand perception problem. There was a glitch in the promo, people grudge about a $150 lens, disappointment skyrocket, etc. But this disappointment isn't about the lens mess up itself.

If Pentax had released the K-3 by now, and shown some future promise, all of this wouldn't matter. If they've made the same promo glitch but with a K-3 body combo, people wouldn't mind as much this lens mess-up problem, but would think whether to spend another $1000 to get a K3.
Closed Thread