Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax k5II
Posted By: Reptilezz, 08-19-2013, 12:33 AM

Pentax k5II with 18-55 $959 and body only $899. Kogan are NOT grey market importers, but are cheaper i bought a gopro off them and they are very good. Ps im buying my k5ii with 18-55 off them later this year

Pentax - Search for Pentax - Pentax K-5 II with 18-55mm Lens Kit
Views: 2,011
08-19-2013, 04:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm waiting a few weeks to see if the C R Kennedy deal returns, if a new model September release comes to fruition.
Kennedy had the K5 II body at $849 + $20 shipping two weeks ago. Kogan's my second choice though.

Regards
08-19-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Camera + Lens = Sold Out
08-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
I'm waiting a few weeks to see if the C R Kennedy deal returns, if a new model September release comes to fruition.
Kennedy had the K5 II body at $849 + $20 shipping two weeks ago. Kogan's my second choice though.

Regards
Yeah im hoping that deal returns around christmas when ill have the money to buy it... Otherwise kogan is very cheap still

08-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Camera + Lens = Sold Out
Yeah i did see that, just letting people know that the deal is there. Its quite surprising though because they only listed the k5's a couple of weeks ago. Seems like pentax is pretty popular.
08-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Kogan are NOT grey market importers,
Yes they are. Everyone knows Kogan is grey. Their Nikon stuff is grey, their Canon stuff is grey, their Pentax stuff is grey.

In case there is any confusion about their K-5 II offer:

QuoteQuote:
"Kogan is not affiliated with the manufacturer of this product in any way. This Product is a brand new international model imported directly from internationally based distributors. "
= grey
08-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Kogan are definitely grey importers.

08-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
Veteran Member

While I like their prices, you don't need to look far to find people unhappy with their product support service (warranty and return in particular). And don't even ask about Kogan Mobile
08-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Yes they are. Everyone knows Kogan is grey. Their Nikon stuff is grey, their Canon stuff is grey, their Pentax stuff is grey.

In case there is any confusion about their K-5 II offer:

= grey
Sorry my mums friend went to a kogan meeting thingy and i thought she said they werent grey
08-29-2013, 01:38 AM   #10

While I like their prices, you don't need to look far to find people unhappy with their product support service (warranty and return in particular). And don't even ask about Kogan Mobile
I wouldn't say I am unhappy about Kogan Mobile. I know that they had to suddenly close their business because of Telstra but they quickly made a deal with Yatango Mobile to provide all their mobile users with FREE unlimited calls, txts and 6GB data for a month and they also gave refunds to customers who were still on their prepaid plans.

So right now I have 1 month of free mobile usage and am very happy with it. This also means I have a whole month to choose a new mobile-carrier provider.

If Kogan didn't care about their customers then they wouldn't have done this .
08-29-2013, 02:19 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 2her0ck Quote
If Kogan didn't care about their customers then they wouldn't have done this
Well, I have no direct experience of Kogan as a customer, but was just re-cycling what I've read on Whirlpool and other places about people's experiences with them. I should have qualified my post more, I guess, to make that clear.
08-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #12

Well, I have no direct experience of Kogan as a customer, but was just re-cycling what I've read on Whirlpool and other places about people's experiences with them. I should have qualified my post more, I guess, to make that clear.
Well, I don't think its anyone's fault here. People, including myself, do get dragged into these negative comments online when searching about a certain company, especially on places like Whirlpool but companies do make mistakes and if it were that bad then they wouldn't make any money.

I wont say that I didn't encounter any problems with Kogan as on the first try my SIM card that they shipped did not arrive and I had to tell them but they immediately sent me another one. And after that there were no issues at all and the network coverage was excellent.

So I personally would love to buy from them again, maybe a Pentax lens once they start putting those on sale , but at the same time I would be aware that a issue or two can pop up but as long as its rectifiable (thats if it happens) and I am getting a good deal, I will still be very happy.

Last edited by 2her0ck; 08-29-2013 at 06:06 PM.