Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Australia 10% discount Fri 13th-Sun 15th Sept
Posted By: p38arover, 09-12-2013, 03:50 AM

Pentax Australia offering 10% discount for the 2013 Digital Show from tomorrow through Sunday.

See Sneak Peak at Pentax Digital Show Specials
Views: 1,407
09-12-2013, 04:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow they're on a roll. It's like every month there's special offers and are they showing the whole limited lineup there? I want to go to Melbourne suddenly but I have work.
09-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Anyone from PentaxForums going to be there? We need a spy or two there to collect some Pentax/Ricoh secrets.
09-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #4

Does the SPRING13 code still work?
I wonder if we can use both... Hehehe...

09-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
Forum Member

I have tried. Did not work, otherwise it would pull a trigger on a K-5II body.

Last edited by Foma2; 09-12-2013 at 08:26 PM.
09-13-2013, 02:53 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Anyone from PentaxForums going to be there? We need a spy or two there to collect some Pentax/Ricoh secrets.
Going tomorrow. Will post if there is anything new to report.
09-13-2013, 03:20 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Foma2 Quote
Which didn't work - the SPRING13 or the DIGITALSHOW discount code?

Try all caps, it might be case sensitive.

Also, try it at the end. That's where it worked for me last week.
09-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My LBA kicked in and I used the code DIGITALSHOW to get a long lusted for 43 ltd. I can confirm that this code works.
Glenn

09-13-2013, 04:18 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I couldn't get anything out of them today. They would only say that Ricoh is playing things close to the chest but things were looking promising. They do like their new office in Port Melbourne. Nobody new anything about their GPS and they couldn't connect the 300 to the Q10 as they didn't have the adapter. Nice to see the pentax stand was busy all day. They had the red ringed lenses but I didn't try them out as I have have all the Ltds and Fa's I need. They did have the Q7 which I had a play with.

Well worth the visit. Could have had a lot more to assist with using SLR for video. Only had really expensive junk.
09-13-2013, 04:45 AM   #10
Veteran Member

otherwise it would pull a trigger on a K-5II body.
K5 II body is going for about $860 delivered on Kogan (grey import).

Regards
09-13-2013, 04:47 AM   #11
Pentaxian

I just made an order and got the discount. It took a lot of mucking about. You need to press a button called Apply discount to order (or something like that)

I have 2 crap underwater cameras. I tested the WG3 and it seems to be able focus close up when partially zoomed. Anyway we will see if third time lucky
(Canon G10 with underwater housing difficult to get a good shot and now the camera has a scratched lens because canon won't fix their problems model after model and my panasonic what ever it is the GPS is so bad one has murderous intentions, the photos are not brilliant and the shite fogs up in cold water - great when you have traveled 3000k to find it fogs up with no warning. - would have been prepared if I new)
09-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #12

Yeah you're right. They made the spring code expire, so only one will work at a time.
Might have to buy my stuff through B&H in the end.. The 15mm HD is about $100 cheaper form the US
09-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cpho Quote
Yeah you're right. They made the spring code expire, so only one will work at a time.
Might have to buy my stuff through B&H in the end.. The 15mm HD is about $100 cheaper form the US
did you try calling them first if the price for the 15mm is for real I mean it couldn't be that far from the US pricing. I'm still holding out until I see any real world improvement or a review from this forum.
09-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by tzrenz0 Quote
did you try calling them first if the price for the 15mm is for real I mean it couldn't be that far from the US pricing. I'm still holding out until I see any real world improvement or a review from this forum.

I dropped them an email and they sent me this discount code saying this is the best it'll get and told me to take advantage of the offer.
It is pretty far off from the US pricing...

Also maybe worth mentioning, I went into stores to look for the older 15mm SMC (hoping it would be cheaper) but all the stores called up their rep at CR and all came back saying that they don't stock the old one anymore. And the new HD ones which are on pre-orderable, will arrive from Japan in approx 6 weeks.
09-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cpho Quote
I dropped them an email and they sent me this discount code saying this is the best it'll get and told me to take advantage of the offer.
It is pretty far off from the US pricing...

Also maybe worth mentioning, I went into stores to look for the older 15mm SMC (hoping it would be cheaper) but all the stores called up their rep at CR and all came back saying that they don't stock the old one anymore. And the new HD ones which are on pre-orderable, will arrive from Japan in approx 6 weeks.
Well even considering the excessively expensive shipping in B&H I think Australian price for the 15 is way over my budget.

On a side note, it's coming from Japan? Meaning they manufactured the new versions from Japan? Or they just boxed it there?