Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Rokinon FE8M-C 8mm F3.5 Fisheye Lens - ebay
Posted By: landerhoffis, 09-25-2013, 10:10 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi All, saw this lens on one a deal forum. I haven't heard of this lens and nor could I find reviews of it on this forum but seems like an affordable fisheye.

Product: Rokinon FE8M-C 8mm F3.5 Fisheye Lens Black
Price: $199 + FS
Link:
Rokinon FE8M C 8mm F3 5 Fisheye Lens Black | eBay
Views: 2,199
09-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm, that's about $80 off a bargain and well-liked fisheye. I'd been thinking about picking one up some day - darn you It also goes by Bower, Falcon, Samyang 8mm (and Vivitar 7mm or some such) and has the 'A' aperture setting. Many reviews like its fisheye projection better than most, for techie reasons I dare not repeat as I'd get them wrong!

userreviews/samyang-8mm-f3-5-fisheye-cs.html

Last edited by jimr-pdx; 09-25-2013 at 11:08 AM.
09-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Hmm, that's about $80 off a bargain and well-liked fisheye.
I bought mine about a month ago for $249 USD from B&H, shipping included), but that is still a good price. Buydig (the seller) is an established online retailer (buydig.com) and is selling the Pentax version of this lens on their Web site for $279 (shipping included). The auction linked above is for the one in Canon mount, though they might also have it in Pentax mount (FE8M-P) at that price as well.

Steve
09-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good deal remember if you haven't used ebay mobile before, you get a 10% off your first purchase.

I wish they would do a deal on the 14mm!

09-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I bought mine about a month ago for $249 USD from B&H, shipping included), but that is still a good price. Buydig (the seller) is an established online retailer (buydig.com) and is selling the Pentax version of this lens on their Web site for $279 (shipping included). The auction linked above is for the one in Canon mount, though they might also have it in Pentax mount (FE8M-P) at that price as well.

Steve
Don't ask how I know but it is indeed $199 in PK.
09-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Don't ask how I know but it is indeed $199 in PK.
Good deal. I looked at the seller's other auctions, but could not find a PK listing at $199. Hope you enjoy your Rokinon! We should get together with David Wang (#IS050 on this site, also in Portland) and go out shooting fisheye.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-25-2013 at 03:29 PM.
09-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Good deal. I looked at the seller's other auctions, but could not find a PK listing at $199. Hope you enjoy your Rokinon! We should get together with David Wang (#IS050 on this site, also in Portland) and go out shooting fisheye.

Steve
I shouldn't cheer too soon as the confirmation notes still show -C and not -P. They give the choice online, but it would not be the first time an online order-form misfired I have contacted seller and told them not to ship unless Pentax; we shall see tomorrow I suppose.

** note that buydig is down for a holiday, so it will be several days before this is clear **

Last edited by jimr-pdx; 09-29-2013 at 10:18 AM.
09-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
Pentaxian

** Sunday update **
Dear alphapdx,

This order is for the Pentax lens.

- buydig
10-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
Pentaxian

The lens has arrived and is indeed the Pentax as expected and promised. It also includes the usual 'feature' of not clearly focusing even with peaking and zoom-live focus; I will read others' posts and adjust infinity as needed (wow such an awesome power! ). Shooting at f/8 shows it to be in good shape optically, so for hyperfocal shooting it will do just fine.

I expect that these perma-hooded lenses will probably go low and stay there soon, since the removable-hood lens is now available and would be more useful to many.