Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Corel Aftershot Pro free after coupon code
Posted By: PBandJ, 10-01-2013, 07:03 AM

Amazon.com: Corel AfterShot Pro for PC [Download]: Software

Get the DOWNLOAD version for $12. - minus coupon code MACR0913= $0.00 total at checkout
Install the software, it will prompt you to download the newest version from the Corel website, which supports more of the Pentax camera bodies.

This is a non-destructive editor, looks very similar to Lightroom.
Views: 9,962
10-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #31

Doesn't work for France .

10-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
Software Downloads are only available to US customers

That's not fair!
10-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sledger Quote
No PayPal option - I can't get as far as the checkout without adding a CC (which ain't gonna happen!)..
Ditto here. It seems to me that we can all be blinded into handing over our CC info so easily by the mere promise of getting something for less money. We need to understand that "free" has a different meaning in the commercial software world. It means you pay by submitting your personal information and the outlook you will pay for updates. After the recent Adobe disaster people should know better than to just hand over their CC details for a lousy $13 discount?

I will stick with my own kind of "free" which does not require me to hand over financial info. I pay for my software by actively contributing translations, howto's and beta-testing and sometimes donating (anonymously) to worthy projects. I feel better with that kind of payment as it is out in the open and I am at the helm.

"Free" doesn't really mean a thing unless you understand what kind of free you are getting!

Last edited by newmikey; 10-05-2013 at 02:12 AM.
10-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #34

For US only...

10-05-2013, 02:40 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Ditto here. It seems to me that we can all be blinded into handing over our CC info so easily by the mere promise of getting something for less money. We need to understand that "free" has a different meaning in the commercial software world. It means you pay by submitting your personal information and the outlook you will pay for updates. After the recent Adobe disaster people should know better than to just hand over their CC details for a lousy $13 discount?

I will stick with my own kind of "free" which does not require me to hand over financial info. I pay for my software by actively contributing translations, howto's and beta-testing and sometimes donating (anonymously) to worthy projects. I feel better with that kind of payment as it is out in the open and I am at the helm.

"Free" doesn't really mean a thing unless you understand what kind of free you are getting!
I guess since amazon already has my credit cards on file, I wasn't really bothered by it. It's not like they are a fly by night company!!
Anotjer option is to add the card, do the order, then delete the card. Or use a virtual card number.
10-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #36

Im not from US but I got it. Just work around the requirement. There is a way.
10-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mivr Quote
Software Downloads are only available to US customers
That's not fair!
Fair enough, since it's up to Amazon what services they offer to what countries. Sad part is that Corel is a Canadian company...

QuoteOriginally posted by komit Quote
For US only...
QuoteOriginally posted by azerak Quote
Im not from US but I got it. Just work around the requirement. There is a way.
Yes. Just change to a US address as the "ship to" address (which Amazon allows for buying gifts and lots of other reasons). I was able to "buy" it with my Canadian account by putting in my US business address for "ship to." Being an electronic download with no charge, it doesn't matter what the CC billing address is.

Last edited by panoguy; 10-05-2013 at 05:11 AM.
10-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Fair enough, since it's up to Amazon what services they offer to what countries. Sad part is that Corel is a Canadian company...

Yes. Just change to a US address as the "ship to" address (which Amazon allows for buying gifts and lots of other reasons). I was able to "buy" it with my Canadian account by putting in my US business address for "ship to." Being an electronic download with no charge, that doesn't matter.
Exactly. Thats how I did it.
10-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #39
Site Supporter

Wow - free and awesome. I've been trying to learn how to use Adobe LR for a year. then I downloaded this software for free ten minutes ago and I'm already figuring out how to use it and getting better results. Awesome.
10-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #40

The PC version is in stock again - as of 7:50 Saturday US Pacific time. I had looked a few times previously but it was always out of stock. Finally got it this morning.
Ted
10-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #41

Just downloaded thanks
10-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This may be an utterly stupid question people but has anybody questioned even one second how a download can be "out of stock" to begin with? Just saying...
10-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #43
Inactive Account

Decided to upgrade from PSP X2 to X5 for just under $8. Thanks for posting.
10-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
This may be an utterly stupid question people but has anybody questioned even one second how a download can be "out of stock" to begin with? Just saying...
The software company sets a limit as to how many Amazon can sell, which makes particular sense if the "out the door price" is $0.00...
10-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #45
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Finally got mine, PC version. Finished download a couple of seconds ago. Thanks for posting this PBandJ.