Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax 16-50mm $999 at B&H Photo
Posted By: Adam, 10-08-2013, 09:43 AM

B&H has temporarily dropped the price of the Pentax 16-50mm lens to $999.

This would be the perfect companion for a black K-3!

Pentax SMCP-DA* 16-50mm f/2.8 ED SDM Lens 21650 B&H Photo Video

Views: 1,353
10-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

We're very happy with ours. It's really nice to be able to shot in all conditions. It's color rendering is also very good.
10-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
B&H has temporarily dropped the price of the Pentax 16-50mm lens to $999.

This would be the perfect companion for a black K-3!

Pentax SMCP-DA* 16-50mm f/2.8 ED SDM Lens 21650 B&H Photo Video
OMG! B&H has somehow gotten into my brain I've been hoping that both the K5lls and 16-50 would both drop to a level where I could get them both for less than $2000.... But now I think I want the K3
10-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
OMG! B&H has somehow gotten into my brain I've been hoping that both the K5lls and 16-50 would both drop to a level where I could get them both for less than $2000.... But now I think I want the K3
The lens probably won't be dropping by too much, but I bet the bodies will. After all, the K-3 has to compete with the D7100, which is currently $150 cheaper (with rebate).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
Site Supporter

The lens probably won't be dropping by too much, but I bet the bodies will. After all, the K-3 has to compete with the D7100, which is currently $150 cheaper (with rebate).
Humm..... hadn't thought about that... I can be patient (for awhile), Maybe I'll get the lens and set it aside and see what happens. But it IS hard to wait...
10-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Humm..... hadn't thought about that... I can be patient (for awhile), Maybe I'll get the lens and set it aside and see what happens. But it IS hard to wait...
The K-3's are selling like hotcakes, I can tell you that. Especially the silver version!

Once we post the in-depth review there may not be that many K-5 users left

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Now that I think about it... I wonder if the price drop on the 16-50 is a signal that it is to be replaced with a new lens in the near future??
10-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Now that I think about it... I wonder if the price drop on the 16-50 is a signal that it is to be replaced with a new lens in the near future??
Nah, it's just a temporary deal that B&H was able to put up.

Adam

10-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
mee
Site Supporter

The K-3's are selling like hotcakes, I can tell you that. Especially the silver version!

Once we post the in-depth review there may not be that many K-5 users left
That is an idea.. wait for the used market to fill with K-5 and K-5II's

I don't think the K-5 ever increased in price after it was discontinued, like some on here thought it might beforehand.. the camera bodies are largely the disposable part of the camera system it seems. Their prices (in general) will always depreciate..