Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread

K-3 / K-5 II / K-50: Don't forget the extended warranty!
Posted By: Adam, 10-09-2013, 12:00 PM

If you live in the US, you can get a 2-year warranty extension on any new camera purchase with the warranty card below ($19):

Pentax 2-Year Extended Warranty for Pentax and Ricoh 85716 B&H
Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for all current Pentax DSLR, Compact and Q Cameras. (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional)

This warranty is valid for all Pentax and Ricoh cameras (DSLRs and compacts).

The warranty card must be purchased at the same time as the camera to be valid. This card must be purchased within 30 days of receiving the camera and is valid even if you purchased the camera from a different retailer in the US. If it's back-ordered that the time of purchase, that's OK- the original invoice date is all that matters. (updated Jan 2015)
Views: 11,021
09-23-2014, 05:52 AM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So does this specific card need to be included in the box for one to take advantage? Does anyone know if tis is something I can get for my recent purchase of the Silver K3 from Woot?

09-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
So does this specific card need to be included in the box for one to take advantage? Does anyone know if tis is something I can get for my recent purchase of the Silver K3 from Woot?
You have to buy it separate, it is never in the box.
It just needs to be bought within 30 days of camera purchase, keep your receipts.
Buy from BH or Adorama and it will apply to your Woot bought Pentax.
09-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #33
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
You have to buy it separate, it is never in the box.
It just needs to be bought within 30 days of camera purchase, keep your receipts.
Buy from BH or Adorama and it will apply to your Woot bought Pentax.
Thanks Larry. I'm going to order one tonight. Just have to get through work, walking the dog, eating dinner and helping my son move a new fridge into his house.

Jeff
09-23-2014, 09:31 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
helping my son move a new fridge into his house.
I always get stuck doing that too. Hope there aren't any stairs for your sake

09-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I always get stuck doing that too. Hope there aren't any stairs for your sake
Well, there ARE stairs. I'm just hoping it's more than just the 2 of us - it sure would be nice to out-number the stairs.
09-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #36
Pentaxian

I will try out the K-s1 for a week or so first, to ensure it's a good fit - but the extended warranty is on my wishlist ready to go!
10-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #37
Veteran Member

I broke down and purchased a K-3 on Tuesday and had included the warranty in my "cart" The next day I got a notice that the warranty is back-ordered and that it would be shipped when it arrives (with no estimate of arrival). Of course the concern I have now is that it won't get shipped until after the 30 day period, and it seems that it is backordered everyhwere.

Does anyone have an idea of what is happening? I hate to have this new camera without being able to buy the extended warranty (or rather already bought but no delivery date). I purchased it at Adorama but B&H shows the same thing, and of course they are on their holiday. I wonder if it has happened before?

10-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #38
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
I broke down and purchased a K-3 on Tuesday and had included the warranty in my "cart" The next day I got a notice that the warranty is back-ordered and that it would be shipped when it arrives (with no estimate of arrival). Of course the concern I have now is that it won't get shipped until after the 30 day period, and it seems that it is backordered everyhwere.

Does anyone have an idea of what is happening? I hate to have this new camera without being able to buy the extended warranty (or rather already bought but no delivery date). I purchased it at Adorama but B&H shows the same thing, and of course they are on their holiday. I wonder if it has happened before?
As long as you place the order within 30 days (and it was received/confirmed), the warranty will be valid. I guess Ricoh isn't sending retailers enough warranty cards based on current demand.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #39
Veteran Member

How does this warranty differ from the much pricier Squaretrade warranties? I'm assuming the Pentax extended warranty
is covered by Precision and the SquareTrade is covered by ?? a Squaretrade service center? Is the Pentax warranty hassle
enough to merit Squaretrade's purported hassle free?

Thanks!
11-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Not good in Florida.
Does that mean if I own this warranty and I move to Florida, I can not use it?
11-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
How does this warranty differ from the much pricier Squaretrade warranties? I'm assuming the Pentax extended warranty
is covered by Precision and the SquareTrade is covered by ?? a Squaretrade service center? Is the Pentax warranty hassle
enough to merit Squaretrade's purported hassle free?

Thanks!
I've only had to use my Pentax warranty once. No problems, no questions, quick service, fixed right the first time. The $20 entitles you to 3 years plus a free cleaning during the period. Its the best bargain Pentax has - without question IMHO.
11-27-2014, 02:49 PM   #42

Does anyone have any info on this warranty for Canadian residents, purchasing the k-3 from Adorama?
11-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I ordered my K3 from Adorama on November 1st. I bought the extended warranty today from B&H. Hopefully that will all jive.
11-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Florida has weird laws regarding extended warranties. They consider it insurance and have more stringent regulations. I write software to help car shops sell extended warranties on their work and had to write custom code for Florida (mostly just setting a fixed percentage, where in other states the dealerships can set whatever markup percent they want (as long as it's above the base price the underwriter set). I think they're also the reason I had to spend 2 days early on changing all the language to read "service plan" instead of "extended warranty"

Virginias must not affect my product. Maybe because it's partially based from there the person who wrote the contracts worded it to cover their restrictions. *shrug*
11-28-2014, 01:23 AM   #45

extended warranty

Hi

Is it working for buyers from Europe?