Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Genuine Pentax M42 adapter
Posted By: dtrego, 10-23-2013, 01:10 PM

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this... mods, please move to the appropriate forum area if needed.

If anyone is looking for an original M42 adapter, a local camera shop has 2 in stock. USD $35 each + shipping. The shop is Chick's Camera Exchange in Columbus, OH. No website, but you can call and ask about anything you may be interested in and/or anything you are looking for. It's strictly used/NOS/whatever now - including anything that the owner takes an interest in. At this time, it even includes some vintage kids' bikes.

In addition, the owner has a drawer full of NOS Pentax items. Among them were a few Pentax Remote F's, some Pentax Remote D's, several original Pentax lens caps (some for the 110 series, and I think 1 silver FA43 front cap, among others), and some other misc. items like flash mounts for old camera bodies that didn't come with hotshoes on the viewfinder cover. He also has quite a bit of film in both 35mm and 110, maybe other sizes (I didn't pay much attention to the film selection). He also has pieces & parts for several other brands as well.

I have no association with the owner or store other than as a satisfied customer. Thought I'd pass along a source for a couple of M42 adapters due to recent threads about them. If interested, call (614) 228-1991

Thanks,
Dwayne
Views: 955
10-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Technically this section is for online deals only, but I think am exception would be in order here

Even though it has supposedly been said that the genuine adapter is discontinued, they seem to trickle in from time to time to various US stores.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #3

They definitely pop up from time to time. I just bought one from Adorama about a month ago.
10-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I just got mine from adorama with the last month, its like they get filed away in that warehouse at the end of indiana jones, then every so often they find a couple and then ship em out...

10-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Adam, thanks for letting the post stay here. I've seen threads where some show up at Adorama/B&H/etc. from time to time, but I think it must be like y0chang said... they get discovered in some corner of a warehouse and shipped out. I'd bet that the two at the store here must be 20 years old or more - the place is like stepping into a time machine! I like to go there just to chat with the owner and see what interesting things he can dig up.