Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pentax MX-1 compact for $249.99
Posted By: devorama, 10-26-2013, 06:57 AM

Looks like the MX-1 is on sale at woot.
Sale says for 3 days or until it sells out. Normal price is about $400, so this is a good deal. This is basically Pentax's answer to the Olympus XZ-2. The only real downside I see is that it does not have a hotshoe. They found room for a hotshoe on the Q, but not on this one somehow. Oh well.

Pentax MX-1 12 MP 4x Opt Digital Camera
Views: 3,095
11-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I also had second thoughts due to the lack of a viewfinder. However, I plunked down about $369 a few weeks before it went on sale (of course) and I really like this little camera. The image quality is surprisingly good. I would prefer it had a viewfinder, but for a camera like this, it's not that bad. At the $250 price it is a hell of a lot of camera with real bang for the buck. Sometimes I don't even bother bringing the bigger guns out as this really can produce some good images. My main gripe is the slow RAW write speed. Hopefully if more folks buy it and contact Ricoh about this issue they'll issue a firmware update to improve that speed. That should be doable as Nikon did the same for its P7000 when people complained about the same thing. Other than that, it is really a solid little performer.