Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Pentax K-50: $80 Instant Rebate + over $300 in extras
Posted By: Adam, 11-01-2013, 02:05 AM

Pentax USA has just launched a $80 instant rebate on the K-50, valid through the end of the year! The K-50 is the current mid-range weather-sealed DSLR.

This makes a really sweet deal even sweeter:
($696) Pentax K-50 Digial SLR Camera w/Pentax DA L 18-55mm WR Lens, Black - Bundle "B" 10894 B
Bundle - with Adorama $200.00 Gift Certificate, Pentax DSLR Black Slingbag 2, Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty & Lexar 32GB Class 10, Pro 400x SDHC UHS-I Memory Card

At B&H, the body only is now $616, but you don't get all the extra goodies. Pentax K-50 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only, Black) 10883 B&H

Pentax K-50 Review - Introduction - PentaxForums.com
Views: 4,589
11-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
Appears the K-50 bundle is in stock, but the DA 50mm lens is back ordered. The lens is probably holding up your whole order.

This thread mentions that if you call customer service, they may split your order and send your camera now.
Yeah I did check the order status online and finally noticed that. Looks like they decided to ship the camera first and then they shipped the 50mm lens a few days later.

Now I finally need to decide whether to keep the K-30 or the K-50. Lol :P

11-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It says you get an Adorama $200 gift certificate? When does it expire? Or does it?
11-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by skid2964 Quote
It says you get an Adorama $200 gift certificate? When does it expire? Or does it?
Never expires.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by skid2964 Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Never expires.
Correct! You get the $200 gift card via e-mail 1-2 days after you place your order (it comes in the form of a code).

11-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
I can't seem to find the $80 rebate on Adorama or Pentax, anyone have a link?
11-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BoldTheBeard Quote
I can't seem to find the $80 rebate on Adorama or Pentax, anyone have a link?
It's already live. Normally the price would be $779, but you're seeing $699 for the for kit or $619 for the body.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #22

Sorry for the question on a price watch. But does the DA L 18-55 lens here come with a plastic lens mount while the K30 that was on sale came with a 18-55 that was metal? If so then I guess I am stuck waiting. I like Pentax's build quality and don't want a cheapened version of a lens. I just wish there was another 499 deal for the K30 like at Hunts... I missed that deal.

11-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Taylor14 Quote
Sorry for the question on a price watch. But does the DA L 18-55 lens here come with a plastic lens mount while the K30 that was on sale came with a 18-55 that was metal? If so then I guess I am stuck waiting. I like Pentax's build quality and don't want a cheapened version of a lens. I just wish there was another 499 deal for the K30 like at Hunts... I missed that deal.
The K-30 is discontinued, so the days during which you can get one are going to be limited.

The DA L lens that comes with the K-50 is WR (it's a new model), so you're basically getting the same great build quality except for the mount. It isn't a big deal considering that the gift card that comes with the K-50 can let you upgrade to the regular DA version with cash to spare, and then you could sell the DAL WR lens to cover the difference in price

Adam

11-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-30 is discontinued, so the days during which you can get one are going to be limited.

The DA L lens that comes with the K-50 is WR (it's a new model), so you're basically getting the same great build quality except for the mount. It isn't a big deal considering that the gift card that comes with the K-50 can let you upgrade to the regular DA version with cash to spare, and then you could sell the DAL WR lens to cover the difference in price
Ok then I will ignore that issue. Now I just have to figure out if I want the K30 or K50. If only anyone sold Pentax!!
11-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Taylor14 Quote
Ok then I will ignore that issue. Now I just have to figure out if I want the K30 or K50. If only anyone sold Pentax!!
Yup, that's the problem. But luckily, the K-30 and K-50 is basically the same camera, so it really just depends on which kit you want to get.

Adam